main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Revenge of the Sith: Anakin vs Yoda & Obi Wan vs Darth Sidious

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by kenobifan1999, Sep 4, 2012.

?

Who wins?

1. Heroes Win

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. Villains Win

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Anakin beats Yoda, Obi Wan beats Sidious

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. Yoda beats Anakin, Sidious beats Obi Wan

44 vote(s)
    74.6%
  1. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    Obi-Wan would lose to Sidious :(, but I do agree with many that Anakin could possibly beat Yoda. The emotional strain Anakin was feeling going against his friend would not be present.

2. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Anakin and Yoda have different styles, whereas Anakin was fighting Obi-Wan with the very skills that he taught him. Anakin was technically more powerful, but Obi-Wan managed to expose a flaw that allowed him to win (his overconfidence), and Yoda may have as well. It could go either way.

Obi-Wan has had more experience than any other [modern] Jedi when it comes to fighting Sith. Unfortunately, his latest encounters with Dooku have been less than stellar. Obi-Wan could still stand up to him, and even win under some circumstances. Obi-Wan might be able to withstand the Force lightning, but lightsaber skills seem to be a dead match (Obi-Wan's weakness to Dooku seemed to be a lot of Dooku's unorthodox style). But above all, Sidious simply had more experience and power going for him.

3. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Just look at the differences in the duel's on-screen. Sidious vs Yoda was an insane display of lightsaber mastery and Force power. Obi-wan vs Anakin while emotional, was just a lightsaber duel. I don't think either of the younger duelists would have been able to withstand an assault from the masters Yoda and Sidious.

4. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    I would assume Dooku easily beats Obi-Wan because seeing as how Dooku taught Qui-Gon who then taught Obi-Wan, he would be privy to his fighting style.

Anyway, I would see it as no contest. Yoda would easily beat Anakin, as Palpatine would to Obi-Wan...

5. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    If Anakin fights Yoda the way he did Dooku, he could probably hang with him for a bit. When it comes to the force, Anakin and Obi-Wan are going to get ragdolled pretty quickly, neither of them did anything all that impressive with the force throughout the films.

6. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    still saber skills and brute power matter way more in fights than force powers do. look at luke skywalker vs darth vader in episode 6, and windu vs sidious. in both fights the person with a clear force disadvantage still won the fight due to their superior saber skills. i mean if what you are saying is true, a character like general grevious could never exist, if the force was such a deciding factor in duels.

7. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Obviously, but I'm factoring everything in, aside from dueling, as Yoda and Sidious tend to use Force Powers often enough in their fights, which would end their opponents quickly in these fights, as Anakin and Obi-Wan can't counter them.

8. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Also, I feel like, were a feat such as Anakin beating Yoda or Obi-Wan beating Palps plausible, the Jedi would have been closer to winning the war. Sidious managed to escape Jedi detection for however long he was a politician (though politicians lie so much anyway, they probably thought he was just hiding a binder of women or something). Anywho.

We also have to take into account the respect, even reverence, that Obi-Wan and at one time Anakin held for Yoda as well as the skills we see. The skills displayed in the movies are definitely not the extent of the power of either Yoda or Palpatine. Fact is, we don't know their limits, since as characters they're usually less known. Obi-Wan and Anakin, however, have been with us from the beginning. We know their back stories, their weaknesses, strengths, virtues, triumphs, and downfalls. We know pretty much exactly how far they can go before breaking, and since that's pretty far, we tend to underestimate other characters in the series (at least, I find myself doing so.)

9. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Ironically, if Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader had been killed at that time/that moment, the galaxy would have been worser off during/in the long run!!!

10. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    You have got to be joking. Yoda couldn't defeat Dooku because the Count tried to kill Anakin and Obi-Wan so Yoda knew it was more important to save them and
    let the Sith get away.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Also, Obi-Wan quickly squashed AOTC Anakin's notion that he rivaled Yoda.

As did Anakin's performance in the film.

12. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    If not for Yoda Anakin and Kenobi never would have made it to ROTS

13. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Sorry, haven't seen this so I am replying.

The comparison of Kenobi and Fisto was in that regard that although both of them were great duelists they hadn't a chance against Sidious. Yeah, I later said that I exaggerated but still Kenobi would have been defeated.

About those quotes you said: in the first one Skywalker was a little bit overrating his Master, in the second quote Skywalker was proved wrong cause Dooku cut his hand while Yoda seemed more stronger than Dooku, also Kenobi said 'only in your dreams'. And Sidious was talking about the future, you're becoming, not you are.

Akthough I think that Kenobi could have give a good match to Palps in lightsaber duels, when it will came to Force than he would have lost. Just imaging Sid throwing multiple senate seats at him, using Force Push and lightning in process. Sorry, Kenobi lose.

Finally it's not clear that Skywalker was close to Sidious or even stronger. Would have he become stronger than Sid in the future if he wasn't injured? Yes. At that time? Not yet.

14. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Yoda would have destroyed Anakin, like Obi Wan nearly did. Anakin was nothing exceptional in force or lightsaber skills. He just had potential, and that would have taken decades to achieve (the wisdom even longer, IF at all) Ofcourse, Obi Wan put an end to that.

As for Obi Wan vs Sidious, yeah Sidious would have crushed him too. BUT it wouldn't have been via Sith Lightning. Recall what a hard time Yoda had against Dookuu's lightning, and Mace against Sidious's lightning. But Obi Wan easily absorbed Dooku's lightning without even flinching, a trick no one else did.

15. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Yoda blocked with his hands Dooku's lightning, while Kenobi with his lightsaber (a big difference). Sidious lightning was much more powerful than Dooku's lightning. Anyway, I think that Kenobi would have managed to block Palps lightning, but when would have come to a show of lightsabers combined with lightning, force push and other force powers (which was perfectly capable of combining) then I think that there would have been only a winner from that duel. Although Kenobi was pretty good in defensive (he was 'The Master' of the third form) still I think that Sid would have been too powerful for him. And if Sid somehow managed to disarm him, like he did with Yoda, then it would have been game over and Shaak Ti should have somehow managed to survive Starkiller in order to train Luke :p

16. Darth Georgia

Darth Georgia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Anakin killed Count Dooku. He has a lot more than "potential"

17. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Dooku was ordered to take it easy on Anakin and convert him to the Dark Side. He wasn't fighting to kill anni. Had he been, he would just have force choked him like he did Obi Wan.

18. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I don't know about this. While I certainly think that Dooku would have been given orders to take out Obi-Wan and test Anakin's ability, I don't think those orders extended to letting Anakin cut off his hands.

In my opinion, Anakin legitimately got the better of Dooku in their duel.

19. Darth Cyn

Darth Cyn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 8, 2014
    I know this thread is old, but I'll reply anyway. Honestly, while I believe Sidious would destroy Obi-wan (far more powerful than Kenobi, and more level-headed than Anakin) Anakin may actually give Yoda quite the fight. I mean, a lot of his feats in many of the novels and the Clone Wars series does show him to be extremely powerful, and I think one of the main contributing factors in his loss against Obi-wan was his emotional attachment to him heavily impairing his judgement. With Yoda, he'd just have more of a cold anger, the type Sidious uses, rather than the pure rage he felt at Obi-wan.

20. Darth Cyn

Darth Cyn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 8, 2014
    Actually no, he said his POTENTIAL was lower, but he was generally more powerful by the time of the original trilogy, he also stated that he was 80% of Palpatine's power.4

Mod Note: Darth Cyn Double posts are not allowed. Use the edit function.

21. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

Before he got his ass handed over by Dooku.

I'm not going to bother to rank the lightsaber skills of the characters. I think it's a waste of time. Personally, I don't think Obi-Wan would have stood a chance against Sidious. But . . . you never know. Life has a way of surprising us. As for Anakin and Yoda . . . I'm not sure. Most people think that Anakin would be easily whipped. But, Anakin's emotions toward Yoda has never been that strong as they were toward Obi-Wan. Would his emotions have been as out of control, as they were when he fought Obi-Wan? I don't know. I have my doubts.

22. Sariel2005

Sariel2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2014
    Obi Wan would be annihilated by Sidious, he would be killed even with Yoda - which is why Yoda splits them up. ( Sidious managed to kill several masters in very short order). Obi Wan was outmatched by Anakin in terms of the force, but so was Yoda. Obi had the advantage that he trained the boy, and had a deeper connection to him. Yoda is powerful but could conceivably lose to Anakin in a way that Kenobi might not ( there is also the vague possibility that Anakin could be turned from the darkside, far easier for Obi Wan than Yoda given their connection ( On that note I love the idea that when he says " there is another" it is actually Ahsoka, not Leia, since he has such an attachment to her. Especially since as it turned out it was not about Lukes power but his effect on Vader).