main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Micro-series vs. TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Saga_Symphony, Nov 14, 2012.

?

Which Clone Wars show do you like better?

1. Clone Wars (2003)

115 vote(s)
    35.2%
  2. The Clone Wars (2008)

212 vote(s)
    64.8%
  1. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Why would a WALKING BUNDLE OF NERVES need the Force? Durge doesn't in the comics. ;)

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I pity Durge. Nobody likes him, not even the fans.
    Well, I liked Durge, but I do not count...

I just wonder how the Jedi would deal with a Gendai Sith Lord.
    Maybe they could publish a comic about a Gendai Sith Lord who lived during the New Sith Wars and used the Force to make himself bigger and stronger.
    He would live on a space station and use the Force to spread his body tissue all over the Space Station. The tissue would even spread into the bodies of the people who lived on the space station. That way, the Gendai Sith would control them. A bit like that organism in the game Dead Space.
    Ultimately, he was forgotten and thousand years later he was rediscovered.
    While chasing a Jedi (some time after Order 66), Vader and the Jedi he was chasing would end up on the Space Station.
    The Gendai Sith Lord would reawake and try to kill both Vader and the Jedi.
    At the end, Vader would defeat the Gendai Sith Lord.

3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Another "reawakened ancient Sith" would certainly be more believable if they are actually of a species with great longevity.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, because I want nightmares. Seriously, playing Dead Space on Impossible difficulty with surround sound headphones on in pitch black darkness is the most scared I've ever been at any fictional media.

It can be a deadlier version of "Death Troopers".

General Immodet likes this.
  5. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Personnaly, I think Dead Space was great! It is the only game that really scared me. Not movie ever had the same effect as Dead Space had on me.
    The graphics were good. The story was good.

07jonesj likes this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    TCW and nightmare fuel. Hmmm... reminds me of when I watched "Massacre" on prescription cough meds.

Dark Lord Tarkas and 07jonesj like this.
  7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I agree. There are certain emotions that film/TV just can't evoke from me. Fear is one. I also never get squeamish at film/TV, not even Saw.

Dead Space just carries this real sense of dread throughout the whole experience. Especially as you hear the audio logs of the deceased passengers of the Ishuimura. And the further you get into the game, the further into madness you delve. As for being squeamish, there's a moment in The Walking Dead video game that I actually winced at. Which is unusual, as that sort of stuff doesn't generally affect me.

But... anyway, how about dat Star Wars? I'd love a horror Star Wars video game. 1313 being rated "18" shows that they're willing to touch adult content.

QuangoFett and General Immodet like this.
  8. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I really liked the first Saw. It's story was great. It's main message really was: how far would you go? The other Saw movies were bad.
    I can still remember watching the last Saw movie. I was laughing all the time because it was so wrong...
    By the way, Das Experiment is my favourite movie.

In Dead Space, I really liked how that female government agent betrayed you. I didn't see that coming. The mad doctor was also a nice touch.
    I really like to see movies and play games about what people do when they panick. In Death Space, it was nice to hear the Captain went mad and the other doctor accidentily shot him.

Thanks for the advice. I really should check the Walking Dead game out. I watched the series, but I have had no time to pcik up the game.

07jonesj likes this.
  9. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    And we really do need a SW video game that is 18+!

07jonesj likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The Saw series is my guilty pleasure. They actually have overly intricate plots, which I enjoy. The traps just get sillier each installment. :p

Yeah, the dementia-effect in Dead Space is one of my favourite things about it as well. What's scarier than alien space zombies? Crazy murderous people. And I would definitely recommend playing the game. I actually haven't watched the series yet! One of my friends advised me to play the game, and it really does have one of the best stories in a video game I've ever experienced. The developer Telltale Games are already making a second season so I'm eagerly awaiting that. You have to make some real tough moral choices in the game, some of which have pretty big effects. Oh, and the finale almost made me cry. Which again is unlike me.

And I've ordered the first two seasons of the show, which will hopefully come soon.

I'll check out Das Experiment. :D

General Immodet likes this.
  11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I wonder. Does there exist a thread in the gaming section of this forum about Death Space?
    Has anyone been on it?

12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't think there is one. I guess we could create one?

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    This game Dead Space sounds pretty interesting.

07jonesj likes this.
  14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I recommend it. Pure horror, a great story. It's a 2008 game but still looks pretty amazing technically.

Oh, and there's zero gravity sections. Those are awesome.

15. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^Can you guys take it somewhere else? You're kinda spamming this thread.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  17. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    It certainly is. I recommend it as well.

18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/dead-space.50008255/

19. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Which of the 2 Clone Wars series do you like the most? I think the 2008-2013 series is the best but the original was pretty cool too (Grievous was awesome).

20. DeviantSpirit

DeviantSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    The original was fantastic for its stylistically intense action and a beautiful sense of atmosphere, but I prefer the 2008 era series simply because I like more storytelling to sink my teeth into.

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    TCW of course. Its what got me reinvested in Star Wars. Without it, I might still be a detractor of the franchise. I could never like the micro-series, excluding the Nelvaan arc.

22. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    5 things for why I prefer the old one and why I do not prefer the new one.

Why the prefer the old one:

- stayed on topic and that topic was the war...
    - made me into the SW fan I am today (aka a long story about chapter 5, Tikkes and the quarren)
    - made the CIS look really, really good
    - did a ton of stuff in the little time it was given
    - it had a lot of style and artistic moments at times and it did things with a subtle touch

Why I do not prefer the new one:

- got distracted by useless plot-lines like Maul or Bounty Hunters
    - it really messed with my fan-emotions like ignoring the Separatist Leaders (ESPECIALLY, a certain quarren that I was kinda teased with, but he never showed up and the show ended), humiliated Grievous on more than one occasion and portrayed many Separatists like total idiots
    - it wasted a lot of time on one story (mainly a crime of S4 and S5, not S1 or S2)... I mean we were stuck on Onderon for 4 episodes and nothing happened until the last 3rd of the 3rd episode "The Soft War". It had 5 seasons and so many opportunities were missed or not explored.
    - it had some really awful and meaningless characters be used
    - there were many moments that everything was not subtle and was hitting you on the head with forced foreshadowing and pandering

windu4 likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  25. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I prefer the newer one. While I enjoyed the originals and they adorn my bookshelf well, I like the connections between Obi-Wan and Anakin for example a lot more.

KenobiSkywalker and Seerow like this.