main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Music of TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    More new tracks for Zune. "Witches and Monsters" is a good eargasm.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Season One tracks are so tense and amazing!

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    My favorite of those tracks quoted are from season 3 however.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I noticed.

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Awesome find Akash. There needs to be an official release for the sound tracks for seasons 4 and 5.

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Just out of curiosity, have any of the TCW sound tracks with the exception of the movie been released?

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  9. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Come on Dave! You know you want to release those sound tracks! :D

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ching! Ching! My Grado SR80is are waiting for those.

11. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    John Williams is WAY better!

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think anyone will argue with you there, but in this thread we try to enjoy KK's work as well which has much approved in the last two seasons.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I think the music on TCW has been getting better and better; it's no John Williams but I do like it and an album with the music of the show (or even better, a series of albums) is long overdue.

14. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  15. Ziro the Butt

Ziro the Butt Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    My favorite is the Indian song in "Dooku Captured." Oh wait, that's actually a real song that Kevin Kiner stole for the show. Nevermind.

16. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I was just thinking about this: I've got nothing against the score, but why doesn't Kiner try to emulate the sound of John Williams to some degree? It feels a bit odd that they want to keep the score so original to a rather big SW project like this and also, maybe having more Williams-esque music could possibly bring in more viewers.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, I'd really like a soundtrack. There were some tracks in the Mortis Trilogy especially that I just loved.

18. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Wow. I never thought I'd say this, but that's even better than the Savage Opress battle theme. :cool:

Seerow likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think because they wanted to TCW to have its own, separate music identity from the films.

20. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I think so too, but again, having the music sound slightly more like John Williams could help it, much since it would add some familiarity to it which I think many older viewers would like (and probably younger ones as well).

Anyway, I really like that they sometimes play snippets of JW's music on the show, like Yoda's theme in 'Ambush' and the Force theme in 'Prisoners'.

21. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    An example of Kiner getting things right for once. [face_cow]

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I completely agree. In the Star Wars films and most obviously in Ep. IV the music is part of telling the story, and a really important part at that. Unfortunately, KK has largely missed that boat with TCW.

23. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's pretty difficult to make 2,420 minutes worth of memorable music. I think a key difference between Williams and Kiner is that the movies have the music take the focus of a scene, whereas TCW music tends to be in the background.

Though I do wish there were more Williams' pieces in TCW, at least they aren't overdoing it. Makes moments like Anakin's interrogation of Poggle in "Brain Invaders" all the more memorable.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Couldn't have said it myself. In TCW music is there, but it does not enhance the story or visuals. I mean if you remove Kiner's music from all seasons, there will be little change of feeling of the scenes. BUT...but if you remove music from most scenes in the Saga - those scenes feel not as good and the whole SW-like sound of them is gone.

Not overdoing JW music is required, but when you have characters like Grievous on screen you better give them their music. It makes a lot of things better. And it is not really Star Wars without the music.

Dark Lord Tarkas and 07jonesj like this.
  25. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    There are largely themes missing from TCW it seems. Having a strong Ahsoka theme, for example, would have been great at the end of A Friend in Need; Leia's theme for Alderaan worked wonders for Assassin, IMHO. A problem I see is a lack of seeming recognition that the right music can evoke far better emotions then dialogue. Think of removing the Force Theme from the scene in ANH where Luke is staring out at the binary sunset on Tatooine and Padmé's Ruminations from the ROTS scene where Padmé and Anakin are staring out into the Coruscant skyline. That music made the scene, no dialogue would have sufficed.