main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series 100th The Clone Wars Episode! - 5.12 - Missing In Action - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Borkus is not a villian, just misunderstood.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Discussion of future episodes is not allowed. Current episode only.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You are right. He felt like a more natural threat...

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Borkus was just a evil man

5. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    discussion of future episodes is not allowed.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Another bit of trivia pointed out in Lit- they made several posters that reference old LucasArts games like Monkey Island. :D
    [​IMG]

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Whoops, we can't talk about future episodes here, need to stay on topic here. if you want to discuss Maul you can do it here. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/season-5-major-spoilers-video-clips.50003192/ I saved your posts if you'd like to put them in there.

8. JevanShevu

Aug 20, 2009
    Sorry about that. did not know.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I went back and found some digital copies of a few SW comic… and I must say I am shocked to see how retcons have actually ruined the reputation of TCW and not the other way around. Sarrish is a good example of how Wookipedia admins retcon something that is not clear at all.

In the comic about Sarrish there is no indication if the battle was won by the Republic, I think that some wookiepedia editors went edit-happy and wrote in a Republic victory.
    From what I saw from the few panels there are, it looks like a vile and rocky version of Landing at point rain. Cody was a badass.
    It is not even established when in time it takes place so it is not certain that it is during the Sieges.

So “Missing in Action” did not ruin anything and it made an honest tribute. Another reason the 100th episode was genius - it gave the CIS an honest victory that made even droids gasp in horror. Yay for Confederacy...

10. JevanShevu

Aug 20, 2009
    This episode made me like the planet they were stuck on more. I liked how the little town had very small details that made me think of Ben's line in ANH "..hive of scum and villainy." and seeing that 2 second mugging scene was a nice touch. It was a place that i enjoyed seeing on screen, but would hate actually being there.

11. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    He was trying to offer Gregor a better life than being fodder for the Republic.

12. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't care how it happens, WAC's head needs to be mounted on a wall by the end.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    A droid trophy? I dunno, you might end up with something even worse than a singing bass with that one.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I want to love this episode for Gregor, I really do. But whoever thought up Gascon/WAC-47 needs to be sent to the Detours writing team and away from The Clone Wars. I say "whoever" because I don't know if Brent Friedman actually came up with the characters, or whether he was given them to work with.

He wrote the Rako Hardeen arc which was great, so I don't want to believe this was his doing.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Gregor took on all those droids like a boss

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  16. The Verbal Machinegun

The Verbal Machinegun Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2013
    He is probably the only gay peroson on the planet. He probably just took advantage of Gregor's memory loss.

17. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011

Wait... what?

18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    SPOILERS FOR THE EPISODE. I know that's allowed here but a warning nonetheless.

After watching this again, I'm giving it a "7.5". It's most certainly the first episode of this arc I enjoyed, but isn't good enough to fully redeem it. Gascon and WAC-47 aren't funny. At all. Fortunately they felt a little toned down from the last two episodes.

Gregor is the best thing about this episode, and yet his appearance is all too brief. Imagine having this 4-part arc based on Gregor. Episode 1 could be the Battle of Saresh, episode 2 could be a Episode IV-Luke Skywalker-ish tale where Gregor is looking up at the skies of Abafar, wishing he could have more.

Episode 3 would be Gregor regaining his memory, and then episode 4 would be his tragic inability to escape the planet.

Oh, and WHERE THE HELL IS R2?!? The titles have been turned blue as an homage to our good old astromech R2-D2, and yet he really hasn't done anything this whole arc. I actually find R2 funny, why are you focusing on WAC?!?

This arc is the case against 4-episode long storylines. At least if this were two episodes of WAC, it'd be over by now. Hopefully the next one will be good, and when I watch Season 5 on the Blu-Rays, I'll just skip "Secret Weapons" and "A Sunny Day in the Void". They provide nothing of worth.

P.S. I loved the animation of Gregor's hair moving when he ruffled his hand through it. :)

19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Cuz he's whack, man! Cuz he's whacko!

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    [face_frustrated]

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    that is so true :p

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I just can't hate WAC. Not only has he been developed to contrast the mortal living beings but personality wise, its scary how much he reminds me of myself. xP

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Agreed on the point of R2.

How is this an R2 arc again? The four astromechs have only done something in 1/3 episodes so far, really. And that was to help acquire the decryption module that this whole thing is supposed to be about, and that R2 has to periodically wave around to show the audience "hey, remember this thing from 2 episodes ago? It's going to be really important, just you wait and see!"

Instead we've explored these random characters that I hope we never see again. Gregor was all right, except the for the fact he's quick to denounce Borkus as having enslaved him, while Gascon telling him that he's a clone and meant to serve in the military and Gregor apparently really wants to get back out there and defend the Republic he forgot about and lay his life down for 4 astromechs, a slug-frog map reader, and the most annoying pilot ever.

Really eager to leave his life of servitude to Borkus to enter a short lived life of servitude to the Republic.

Yeah, sure, he'll make it back to the Republic in Season 8, just in time to be delegated to a background, non-speaking role.

24. quigonobi3

quigonobi3 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 5, 2012
    Hi everybody a ver belated happy new year to everybody, i am sorry to go as bit off topic but is there an episode this Saturday and was last saturdays episode the last in this arc ? Ihope so i am missing my Jedi Knights badly!!

25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Hello there! There is indeed an episode this Saturday, and it is the 4th and last of this arc. After that there's going to be 3 episodes of Obi-Wan/Maul so you should look forward to that if you're missing Jedi/Sith action!