main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Biggest bad ass in the original trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jimslendorn, Jan 5, 2013.

?

Biggest bad ass in the original trilogy

Poll closed Aug 5, 2013.
  1. Boba Fett

14.6%
  2. Han Solo

46.3%
  3. Lando Calrissian

9.8%
  4. Jabba the Hutt

4.9%
  5. Wedge

24.4%
  1. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    S
    Since when does one have to look like a badass to be one?
    To paraphrase Batman: It's not who he is on the surface that counts, but what he does that defines him.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Han Solo was not only all handsome And Rugged, but he looked like a badass handsome and rugged. Different factors combine amongst each other to define a character!!!!

Also, i guess this all depends on how one can define a supposedly, so called, "badasszz" person!!!!....!!!!

[​IMG]

3. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    Again, since when does one need to look like a badass to be one?

4. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

5. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I voted Lando.

Honestly, I've never really understood how he "betrayed" Han -- he was working under a hostage situation and clearly being coerced. And he believed that Leia and Chewbacca would be safe with him. Plus, as the film makes clear, he didn't know that Han was going to be put in carbonite and given to Boba Fett.

What else, realistically, could he have done? He's dealing with the Empire -- the same people who blew up a planet of civilians just to make a point. I don't think it was unreasonable of him to cut a deal with Vader to keep as many people as possible safe.

Plus, Lando actually is smooth and gentlemanly. He's brave and certainly intelligent -- to have gotten Leia and Chewbacca out from under Vader's nose. A total badass.

Also, where's Luke and Leia in the poll? They're both bigger badasses than the other four characters on that list, in my opinion.

MrFantastic74 likes this.
  6. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    Honestly, while I adore Wedge, if Luke was in the poll I'd have voted for him.

MrFantastic74 and PiettsHat like this.
  7. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Its obvious it should be this guy....
    [​IMG]

I mean, he rammed a star destroyer with an A-wing.....and won!:eek:

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    Arvel Crynyd :)

I'm proud of being able to spell his name without looking it up.

9. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Arvel Crynyd is, basically, just like my biggest pet peeve in all of the entire star wars movies trilogy of movies/of films!!!!!!

10. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    And the reason for that is..?

11. darth.ender

darth.ender Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2012
    Probably because he looks a lot like that woman in the same outfit with a dubbed male voice ;)

Yunners likes this.
  12. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Err, oh hell no, guys!!!! It was because of the cheap/lame gratuitous violence in that entire scene!!!!

13. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    Okay, okay.. I'm going to bite. How was it cheap, lame and/or gratuitous? [face_laugh]

14. darth.ender

Dec 28, 2012
    Heaven forbid we have any violence in Star Wars!

Yunners likes this.
  15. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Me and my uncle had had a very meaningful conversation about his opinions(s) about violence in the film industry. He had told me that he does enjoy watching soldier war films and good guys law enforcement stories (aka, also known as, ie, meaning, the good guys police officer cops fighting evil criminals)!!!!!

Gratuitous violence is totally another different story altogether, guys!!!!!

16. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    I like turtles.

17. darth.ender

Dec 28, 2012
    Gratuitous means "uncalled for" or "unnecessary." How does Crynyd's death fit that definition? Cheap or lame? I can see how some would believe that, as they feel the Executor "went down like a punk," so to speak.

18. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    The fiery destruction of the Executor, not to mention how Arvel Crynyd's war death was basically the science fiction/the star wars equivalent to a suicide bombing, err, uhh, well, durhhh!!!!!!

19. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    His A-Wing was hit and he was doing to die shortly either way. He chose to do as much damage as possible with his stricken craft, so he aimed it at the Executor's bridge.

20. darth.ender

Dec 28, 2012
    I guess you're right. They should have rammed Home One into the Executor and killed thousands of good guys to take out the bad guys instead of a single noble death. And how is the Executor's death any less called for than the "fiery destruction" of both Death Stars, the Mon Cal cruisers, Alderaan, every fighter, or anyone else?

21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Blowing up the first death star was in order to save the rebellion and possibly even more billions, if not trillions in the most extreme scenario, an amount of galactic civilian lives!!!!

The bad guys are supposed to be very evil and&/or violent-so that explains the fiery destructions of the mon calamari crusers and&/or alderaan, dude!!!!

22. darth.ender

Dec 28, 2012
    Blowing up the Executor was in order to save the Rebel fleet and possibly even more billions, if not trillionsin the most extreme scenario, an amount of galactic civilian lives!!!! [not entirely sure of everything I just said there, but you get the idea ;) ]

It was necessary. I saw no blood. It was fiery. It furthered the story.

Independence Day must be stupid too (well, actually...I won't get into that now) because that drunk guy crashed his plane into the alien superlaser thing. Don't you realize that's exactly what suicide bombers do?!

If you're wanting to get into the politics and morality camp by discussing gratuitous violence and playing devil's advocate, you're clearly not expanding your views enough. While I think suicide bombers in the Middle East are wrong, they see themselves as just as noble as Arvel Crynyd. You really have to take several more steps back if you want to be the morality police/devil's advocate for who's right and who's wrong in actions like this.

23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Double standards, I sense here, dudes!!!!

24. Yunners

Mar 30, 2006
    It's probably for the best to not get into that line of discussion. You may break him.

25. darth.ender

Dec 28, 2012
    You're right, there are double standards here. Sadly, you're the one advocating them, LT. I'm simply pointing it out, whilst simultaneously showing you that you've not gone far enough.