main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which is your single-most favorite Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by kenobifan1999, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Favorite Star Wars Film

1. Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace

11 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones

6 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith

24 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. Episode 4 - A New Hope

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Episode 5 - The Empire Strikes Back

27 vote(s)
    34.2%
  6. Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi

7 vote(s)
    8.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    TPM and ROTJ are tied for me; however, TPN wins for vote. When it comes to situations like this, the amount of Neimoidians present becomes the deciding factor :)

As for which film I think is the best, ESB wins, no contest!

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Kweh-chan, neimodians aint as epic as this epicness of star wars episode 6 the ROTJ moments, dude!!!!!!!

3. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Different kinds of epic :D

But I get what you're saying. I think that ROTJ is a better film than TPM, don't get me wrong; however, if we're talking sentimental value, even beyond the Neimoidians, TPM wins out.

4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Empire Strikes Back, I could watch it over and over again and still love it. [face_laugh]

5. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    But why? And how? Sentimental value?????

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Why not?

7. Yunners

Yunners Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2006
    For me It's Jedi. It's the first Star Wars film I saw on the big screen, so that always kind of stuck with me.

8. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    ^:)^^:)^^:)^

9. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001

Can we vote for Caravan of Courage or The Battle For Endor? :p

Out of the main films ROTS is my favorite but AOTC and ROTJ are both very close behind.

10. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I will only argue against you under the condition that you give me rebuttals to my previous statements/to my previous arguements, dude!!!!

11. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    RoTS for me!! It was the movie that turned me into an obsessive fan.

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  12. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Except for the boring first half of it, guys!!!!!

13. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    and you call yourself a SW fan?!?!?

14. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Umm, Yes. What I mean by that is this, guys!!! Droid armies are boring. How about an army of evil lizardmen nemodians to fight against??? The clone wars were just so freaking, well, err, underdeveloped, unused potential, wasted potential. An army of endless robots Versus an army of endless clones??? No Thanks. OH HELL NO!!! Oh just meh!!

Using evil-looking and&/or evil accented lizardmen aliens as just boring, dull, talkative, and&/or beauracratic taxation trade federation politicians/buisnessmen/buisnesswomen is just plain freaking wasted potential!!

Check this out, dude!!!

http://www.g33k-e.com/movies-2/10-things-that-would-have-made-the-star-wars-prequels-better/

My main point is this-the clone wars aint as good as they should have been!!

But I take that half of my statement back now, dudes! The lightsaber duel was just so awesome!

I loved this part!!!

[​IMG]

15. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    the clone wars were awesome i loved all of it in ROTS. george lucas had a great vision and made a great film. idk people are so insistent on changing his vision just so that they can personally like it more.

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  16. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    What's wrong with being so insistent on changing his vision just so that they can personally like it even more than they already do??? The Clone Wars were waaayyy to freaking short in their length as a war!!! The whole freaking war just felt like some kinda of minor inconvenience set somewhere out in outer space. Unlike The Original Trilogy's Galactic Civil War!!!

http://www.g33k-e.com/movies-2/10-things-that-would-have-made-the-star-wars-prequels-better/

Quotes.
    10) The Phantom Menace should have begun in the middle of the Clone Wars

The original Star Wars film started in the middle of the action. The first shot of the film immediately established conflict; the overarching Galactic Empire versus the smaller and more vulnerable Rebel Alliance. The audience naturally learned the backstory and key players of the war as the movie went on. For most writers, it’s always been a rule of thumb to start as far into the action as possible. The action doesn’t always have to be physical, of course. It can be verbal, mental, or emotional, but starting in the middle of the action is key to grabbing the audience’s attention. The Phantom Menace’s beginning drags. It takes too long for anything to REALLY start happening.
    The Clone Wars were ultimately a let down in the prequel trilogy. Before the prequels came out, all we could do when it came to the Clone Wars was imagine it. The Clone Wars is referenced in a New Hope, but we never really knew what it was about. So the prequels come out, and everyone’s expecting we’re going to see the Clone Wars in all its glory. Boy, was everyone disappointed. There is no war of any sort in the Phantom Menace; it felt more like a galactic skirmish. We see a bit of the Clone Wars at the end of Attack of the Clones, and the battles throughout Revenge of the Sith are too little, too late. Revenge of the Sith did an okay job in showing just how big the Clone Wars had gotten, but did very little to show how the war had mentally and emotionally affected our characters. Especially Anakin, who is supposed to be the saga’s main character. The war could have played a role in Anakin’s fall to the dark side.
    Anyway, starting the Clone Wars at the beginning of the Phantom Menace would have immediately set the stage for the prequel trilogy. Any necessary backstory could have been covered throughout the trilogy with some dialogue. Hell, you could even cover some of it in the film’s opening crawl. With the Separatists and Galactic Republic already engaged in the Clone Wars, the Phantom Menace could have opened with a gigantic space battle, which would have been the perfect setting to establish Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan as characters and their relationship. Also, as I’ve said before, it would have really gotten the film moving. From this point on, there would have been no place to go but forwards.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Which arguments? Who are you to question someone personal taste/experience?

Ah, I knew it that you were taking all of that from somewhere else...

Valairy Scot and Kweh-chan like this.
  18. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    I think Alexrd more or less answers that one :)

It's just my own personal viewpoint; I have a ton of sentimental attachment to Episode I because it was very much my childhood, the same way ANH was the childhood of many older fans here. Not only that, but it gave us the Neimoidians, which, for me, I don't think needs explaining. You don't have to agree with me, and, by the sounds of things, we tend to like different things in different films.

kenobifan1999 likes this.
  19. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Why are you so obsessed with those Neimodians aliens so much??

No offense. I am just curious as to your motivations.

Star Wars Episode 3 ROTS was one of my most favorietest childhood memories.....

20. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I have to use a quote here too:
    Attack Of The Clones and the Politics of Star Wars (http://homes.chass.utoronto.ca/~anne/clones.html)

The Clone Wars were a farce, an evil tool to achieve sinister goals. The Civil War was a fight for freedom.
    So I think it would be very inadequate to portray both wars in the same way. There has to be a clear distinction between a "good" (better: acceptable) war that brings freedom and a grabby and manipulative war that harms everyone (except those few idividuals behind it).

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  21. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Again, why not? :)
    Seriously though, there is no short answer I can give to that which does the reason justice. This page on my website, however, explains everything http://semperneimoidiana.weebly.com/why-neimoidiansduros.html. It's long, but it's the most complete answer I'm able to give.

None taken! You're certainly not the first, and I more than realise that my choices are unconventional.

So then you understand how I feel about Episode I. There's just something about that one certain episode you see as a child that stays with you, and sets it apart from other episodes.

22. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    My order:
    5, 4, 3/6 (tie), 2, 1

24. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    Do you use my method for/of listing things in order of "most" and&/or "least"???

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Sorry, not sure what you mean... those are listed for me in order from most favorite to least favorite (but I still love them all).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.