main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Got a question? Ask it here!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthBoba, Oct 23, 2012.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Basically, compassion is the key-this is why Sith can't do it, as they don't care about anybody but themselves. The video I posted earlier is pretty crap; the ROTS novel devotes a whole page or so to that scene.

2. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Based on the scene where Leia calls Chewbacca a walking carpet, it has been suggested in another thread that this makes her character racist, Do you agree?

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, also no. She's just been tortured and watched her world destroyed; some rudeness is forgiveable.

Not to mention that she literally clings to Chewie like he's her personal teddy bear when Han gets put in to the carbonite.

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I thought I saw a picture once of the Death Star conference table (Episode IV) where all the characters were listed. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

6. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
  7. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    Why do people love to hate the PT?

8. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    It's considered the "in" thing (or is it "hip" thing?) - you know, trying hard not to be one of the masses.

/so it seems

9. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    The people I know that hate the PT are sad that they hate it. Such a wasted opportunity.

Avnar, MrFantastic74 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  10. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Truth be told, most people don't care anymore, they've moved on. It's still somewhat fashionable to mention the PT in the same breath as The Godfather: Part III, Aliens 3, Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and the like, however. None of which were anywhere near as bad as the loud, angry, public reception would suggest, just like the PT.

These days, the burden of expectation is ridiculously heavy for any filmmakers taking on or revisiting a beloved franchise, thanks to the sheer power of the Internet & the sense of entitlement that its users see fit to bestow upon themselves.

El_Machete12, eht13 and DarthBoba like this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    This isn't the picture I was looking for, but I thank you for it! The picture I've seen looks like this: http://www.bluemilkspecial.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/council-04.jpg but had labels with it. Maybe I saw it in SW Insider. I'll have to check my old mags. Thanks again!

12. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    The prequels are nowhere near as hated (at least, in a popular-culture sense) as the Internet lets on. Go visit rt.com sometime; with literally millions of votes the three films show a steady upwards trend-TPM is 62% positively viewed*, AOTC is about 66%, and ROTS is 80%. So typically "good" to "great" as you track the three of them. Not as universally loved as the OT is, but certainly not down there with say Uwe Boll's movies or anything :p

eht13 likes this.
  13. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Why did Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine call him/call it, "the legend of darth plageuis the wise"??? Didn't Lord darth plageuis, like umm, well, I guess, die about 10 years beforehands????

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Legends are often about people who have already died.

ILNP likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's more that it usually takes a while for an account of someone's life to achieve "legend" status- 13 years is a very short time.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  16. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I think it's more a convenience thing for Palpatine. He doesn't know how Anakin is going to respond to him being a Sith Lord yet, so going "say want to hear about this one guy I knew a decade ago?" isn't too hot a move. Also, everything he says about the Sith to Anakin is all about elevating them and demeaning the Jedi, so "legend" is entirely appropriate for him to use from that standpoint.

eht13 and ILNP like this.
  17. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I see many yes-and&/or-no threads out around here. But why aren't all of those threads locked??? I presume that minor questions that can offer no real discussions and&/or debates , and&/or speculations egardless of whether or not they are yes and&/or-no questions or not, will be locked/closed!!!

18. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    You are one to talk about pointlessly starting threads.

eht13, ILNP, K'Kruhk and 2 others like this.
  19. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    [face_thinking]o_O:confused:

20. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    You're the main reason we even have this thread, dude.

eht13, K'Kruhk and CT-867-5309 like this.
  21. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
  22. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    And yeah, none of those were around when this thread was created. No, you're the reason. And seriously. This is the classic trilogy forum. Those are all prequel trilogy threads from the prequel trilogy forum. So yeah, banning you for baiting. Goodbye.

23. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    I apologize if those offended you, but I was just asking you a quesiton. I was not trying to troll, spam, bait, flame, or to get you angry/annoyed at all. I was just trying to figure something out. I apologize if my behavior was misenterperted in the wrong way...

I did not occur to me, the fact that this got a question ask it here thread was only for the classic trilogy forums. Miscommunications with each other.

Baiting is defined as trying to delibratley taunt, annoy, and&/or get somebody else really angry/annoyed. I just had a misunderstanding. I was not baiting at all.

24. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Why did old man Anakin (i.e. unmasked Vader in ROTJ) speak with an English accent?

Vader in the suit (JEJ) sort of had English overtones as well. In the PT, however, young Anakin had a North American accent.

I was fully expecting young Anakin to have the same accent as young Obi-Wan in order to match the Anakin in ROTJ.

I guess this is a "Saga" question, but they don't have one of these nifty "ask a question" threads in the Saga forum.

25. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I think that's more of a choice made for ROTJ-they needed somebody who could deliver a small scene very, very well-which Shaw did obviously. FWIW, Hayden does have pronunciation rather like Jones in both of the films he's in.