main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    It makes sense. Have you ever seen people who are on Meth? Their teeth are falling out and they look 20 years older than they really are. Now look at Palpatine. He was hitting on the darkside way too much.

Iverna likes this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I found that Dark side PSA. Here:

Ceillean likes this.
  3. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Well, personally I'm still convinced that Luke and Tionne were high for most of the YJK series, so why wouldn't Lumiya and others be high in other series? It's not like there aren't plenty of smugglers around to supply them...

4. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008

So... it seems like the whole "Sith are evil" thing is more incidental? Everyone thinks they're evil, but really, they're the good guys, and they just want to bring balance to the galaxy? I don't know, I'd be suspicious of that. *lol*

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, that's like me robbing a bank and then telling the cops I just wanted to bring balance to my check book.

Valairy Scot and Ceillean like this.
  6. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] What a lovely image.

DarthIshtar likes this.
  7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Bad news: Pneumonia. Good news: That's always been really good for my muse afterwards. And at the doctor's office, the twit of a receptionist would not believe that I wasn't Kathleen Olsen and here about the baby I was expecting. Yes, I sound like a chain-smoker, am coughing constantly and haven't slept in 26 hours and that's a pregnancy glow. When I finally convinced her I was KATHRYN not KATHLEEN, she stopped giving me the paperwork about the babydaddy's medical history.

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    :oops: Well hopefully you will be well soon.

9. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Basically. Palpatine was seduced by evil, but (according to Lumiya), evil and Sith do not have to go hand-in-hand. She plays on Jacen's ego and convinces him that he's better and stronger than that and won't allow himself to fall into that same psychopath trap while he unbiasedly returns/ensures balance and order in the galaxy.

Of course, what she doesn't realize is that he was always set up for failure on that front by his attachment to Tenel Ka & Allana and his unwillingness to sacrifice them in the name of his Sithly ascension.

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I hope you feel better soon. I don't think I ever had pneumonia but I had bronchitis for months and pulled all the muscles in between my ribs from coughing-- so then it hurt to breath. My husband's answer to that was, "Then, stop doing that."o_O He truly is Sith.

Hopefully you will get over it in record time.

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo likes this.
  12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Hahaha. Though the stolen ship thing shoulda had Jack Sparrow instead of BW Mickey. lol

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That's funny. Han is such a cad. I was always told that Walt Disney had his head cryogenically frozen after he died (probably an urban legend). Is that last scene a reference to that you think?

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I had that problem starting on day 2. It's now day 5. And I would get over it in more record time if Walgreens weren't staffed by pathological liars. They took three prescriptions, gave me two, told me I'd only given two, told me oh, yes, they had the third request, but were out of stock and would call me in a couple of hours when they restocked, couple of hours later I called and no, they had no intention of restocking in the next 24 hours so why I was told that they don't know, but no, they won't release my prescription because I gave it to THEM and if I wanted to go elsewhere, my new pharmacy would have to talk them into maybe telling the pharmacist what I needed. I called the pharmacy across the street, said the twits at Walgreens won't tell me what medicine I need a prescription for, but I need this and I have pneumonia. They have it ready in 10 minutes. Never ever even buying toilet paper at Walgreens again.

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006

I encourage you to contact the Walgreens # on the receipt of the other two prescriptions... assuming you bought those from Walgreens and not from the other pharmacy. Get those pharm techs in big poodoo.

16. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Pneumonia is evil. I had a bad case of it just a few weeks ago. And my mother in law is now in the hospital, ICU, because of it. It's not something to be taken lightly. At all.
    So I hope you feel better soon, Ish. [:D]

Good morning everyone. I'm off to work now. Do I feel like it? No. I've been at this job for almost a year and now...I don't know...it's so unfulfilling. Which makes it that much harder to get up in the mornings and go to work. Meh.

Hope everyone has/had a wonderful day!

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I've had it twice, and each time sent me to the emergency room because my lungs were so full of fluid that I couldn't breathe. Best advice I can give is to keep coughing it up, despite the pain. You don't want that stuff just sitting in your chest. Also, prop your pillows up so you're reclined and not laying flat, as it will help it drain better. Hope you feel better soon, Ish. [:D] And if you have an asthma inhaler, use it. If you were prescribed an inhaler, use it. Drink lots of fluids, too.

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks for the advice. I had already started propping up because of the breathing thing. I have an inhaler to use. I really liked the doctor in spite of the receptionist. Every other doctor I have had, when I start coughing, told me to stop putting on an act. This one told me to cough if I needed to.

19. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I like when doctors listen.

I don't like when doctors prescribe you a medication but don't believe that you're sick, and then announce that they're retiring in a month. And after they've retired, you find out they prescribed you a narcotic.

20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Could be worse. My brother is asked several times if he's allergic to anything, and the answer is always that he's allergic to penicillin. This is several times every hospital visit too, and just every time he sees a doctor for a regular appointment. You can probably guess what they give him.

The last time I saw a male doctor was when I was starting to suffer from depression. I went to see the doctor I usually saw, I said I thought I was suffering from depression, I listed my symptoms, and he just looked at me like I was either crazy or making it up, or both. I know that not all male doctors are the same, but I feel more comfortable with female doctors anyway.

21. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    So do I. Unfortunately, this rheumatologist was the only one in the area who will take my insurance. He said I have no signs of Lupus (besides the rheumatoid arthritis, the depression, the anemia, the ITP, the DISCOID LUPUS ON MY STOMACH, amongst other symptoms), gave me a prescription for Tramadol, and sent me on my way. My mother's rheumatologist, who doesn't take my insurance, is a woman and thinks Mom and I both have Lupus. I was originally disagnosed at 14 with it, and since then it's been a battle of "Yes, you do"/"No, you don't" ever since. I just think the jerk doctor didn't want to deal with a new Lupus patient a month before retiring and didn't give a crap.

Does your brother wear a medical alert that says he's allergic to penicillin? Sounds like that might be a good thing to get, just in case.

22. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    No, he doesn't, but I'll suggest it to him. I don't know why it's never been thought of before.

I'm reminded of when I had a 'fitness to work' assessment because I'm claiming long term sickness benefits. The reason I can't work is due to depression, which can be quite severe at times. The assessor came and asked me a few questions about my health and then made me do a few movements and asked if I could lift empty boxes. Basically, because I could stand, walk, and put on a hat, he decided that I was capable of working. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. Being able to put on a hat doesn't mean a thing if you're incapable of getting out of bed. Fortunately, the appeal is dragging on and on and on, and I'm still getting benefits.

23. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Oh Jesus. The worst a doctor did to me was prescribe me antibiotics for a virus. :rolleyes: This was our college doctor, who sucked. I said I thought I had an ear infection, he said, "nah, you're grand, you probably just caught a virus, but here, have some some antibiotics and nose spray". I said that my nose wass fine, and he said that my ear trouble was probably because of a sinus thing. I said I didn't feel anything there, and he basically dismissed me.

So, no meds for the thing that was bothering me, but lots of meds for the things that weren't bothering me, and that I had no symptoms for. So I didn't take the meds and went to see my doctor back home. To my complete lack of surprise, it turned out that my sinuses were indeed fine, and I did have a minor ear infection, and no virus.

But Dantana, I know you might've sorted this out already, but if you haven't - please go get a diagnosis and treatment if you can manage it at all! I don't mean to step on your toes or anything, but yeah, please get it checked if you can.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    After twenty-five years dealing with military doctors, retirement came and I finally have a civilian family physician. She diagnosed a problem I had for eight years that baffled the military doctors and tests confirmed she was right. She listens to me and researches stuff and I am so happy. Then the military insurance wanted me to change to a doctor whose office was a little closer to where I live. We had to jump through hoops to keep my current doctor. The government doesn't pay for me to drive to my doctor and they pay both doctors the same amount of money...so why do they care that I drive 35 miles to see my doctor instead of 20? I sometimes don't understand Tricare Insurance. All I know is this doctor may have saved my life. If my problem went undiagnosed much longer I may have had died of infection or had to have part of my intestines removed. I don't know which would have been worse.

25. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Oh, military doctors! When we were at Bliss, I hated the medical system. Just a giant crazy mess.
    At our new post, it's more organized- I have an assigned clinic within the hospital and primary physician for that clinic. There's another doctor in that clinic I can also opt to see.
    First time I had an appointment here, it was with the one who is not technically my assigned doc. While there, I asked about a small cyst on my shoulder, he said it really wasn't anything to worry about unless it became inflamed. He also said they tend to be misdiagnosed as infected when they get inflamed.

Go figure, a month later when it became inflamed and I saw my regular doctor, he said 'Oh, it's infected, have an antibiotic and it'll clear right up.' I knew better and I still believed him. Of course, it did nothing. So now I'll only ever see the other guy if I can help it, lol.

The OB clinic is staffed by 5 OBs and 1 nurse midwife. The midwife is the only woman. Something just seems so wrong about that. There's just something about seeing a male OB that makes me want to scream "This is not your area!"
    That said, of the 2 OBs I've seen, I really like them both so it isn't an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.