main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

hola nerdmigos

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Zapdos, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    Hi!
    I'm totally new to this whole universe actually..
    Been living 19 years before finally dragging my stupid ass to watch the saga. It takes time, when you haven't been surrounding yourself with Star Wars-fanatics, I guess.
    But! Here I am! And so glad!
    Absolutely love the Star Wars-universe, and feel the need to socialize with fellow geeks (most of whom with longer experience I guess.. So... "I pledge myself to your teachings").

So, if you have any questions about me - shoot!
    Anyways.. glad to be here!

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hola! Failte Nua Duine. Glad you finally got around to being exposed to the galaxy far, far away. You will find plenty of geeks to socialize with on here. Take a look around, get involved, and if you have any questions or concerns, this thread is your 'tech support' area.

3. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Welcome to the boards! Like Chorus said, feel free to ask any questions. We're nice people. :)

4. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    Thank you! I believe you are
    Actually, I do have one question. It's not a technical one, but you will most likely be able to help me anyway.
    I see that many of you are talking about a novelisation of the series (for example in this thread: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/ep-iii-novel-did-a-better-job-on-anakin.50008164/page-2). And since there are so many books, comics etc. written based on SW, I have to ask in order to purchase the right one:
    Does any of you know the name and author of this series? I'd very much like to read it!

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Each PT novelization got a different author. That one was written by Matthew Stover and is indeed quite good.

If you're interested in the books, I definitely recommend dipping your toes into our Expanded Universe forums :)

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hello there.

7. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Welcome...
    "I have been expecting you." - Palpatine

8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    You have been waiting for everyone General. :p

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  9. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    No, Palpatine has been waiting for everyone. :)

Admiral_Volshe and Bazinga'd like this.
  10. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    Thank you! I'll start toe dipping right away!

And thanks to all of you for the welcoming!

11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
  12. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Extremely belated hello, and welcome.

Glad to have seen you in the CCC! :)

Good luck, and have fun!

13. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Zapdos! :)

Have you ever thought about getting surrouned by SW fans? If yes, then you shouldn't miss taking a look and joining your local FanForce! Since I don't know from where you exactly, I just can link you to the main page and advice you to scroll down until you see lots of categories named "FanForce...". :) Or you visit us at the FanForce Community (it's a slow one, but that shouldn't stop you from a visit). :)

Have a nice stay! :)

14. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    Thank you guys! And hello again to the few of you I've been talking with already!

Skiara Thank you. I have taken a look already, and found out that I'm one of approximately 3 active users from my country! So we're a small community, but it's nice to know we exist, haha.

15. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    If you're three people from one area, you are welcome to open a new FanForce. Three people are needed for that. So, if you are interested in your own local FanForce, just let an GSA know. They'll help you to create your own board. After that you are adviced to organise three meetings within one year, then you can become an official chapter. :)