main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Walmart & Tunick... finito!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Congrats, Armen! Enjoy life for a little bit, then get working on that job hunt.

DarthTunick likes this.
  2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    truly, this is the end of an era.

this'll do you good, Tunick. good luck.

DarthTunick likes this.
  3. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Okay enough already, I know its not a real word. It's just that I member one time seeing it somewhere years ago and I thought it was different, so I've used it ever since. The funny part maybe is I've used it many times but the people I've used it to haven't said anything about it or didn't notice. :p

Back to Tunick

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

I didn't, but I'm trying to work out something that will get me registered for the fall. Many, many thanks for the links & advice/well wishes* you've provided me here.

*That goes for everyone else as well.
    :)

7. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Oh Jaypee, you make this too easy. :p
    [​IMG]

8. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Sorry you are out of work, Tunes but glad you're shed of that. Don't worry about the firing thing affecting your job search. As someone who does retail hiring, if I saw someone had 8 years Wally World experience, I would call them for an interview just based on that. Who was talking about getting a job at Bass Pro Shop? I heard they may be opening a place in my town and I'm interested!

DarthTunick likes this.
  9. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    That was me. It really is a fun place to work, especially if you're big into fishing or boating. :p

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Man, I go away for a few days and there's huge, earth-shattering news...

Best of wishes, Tunick. Blessing in disguise here, and it's good that you see that too.

DarthTunick likes this.
  11. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I wouldt if I couldt budt I candt so I wondt.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  12. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Good news overall.
    I agree that explaining the dismissal is your biggest challenge. That site linked earlier isn't bad but make sure your answer doesn't sound like you, you know, got it from a website. You need to put it in your own voice.

I'd stress how you were in a high turnover environment for 8 years and did well under a number of supervisors, etc.

DarthTunick likes this.
  13. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    resort to the parallel economy, selling illegal cigars and beard wax on the black market, imo

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I'd be fine with the illegal cigars, but beard wax? That's a line I'm not crossing.

15. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    How about beardt wax?

16. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Become a bundt cake salesman.

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Missed this one, Kyle Katarn told me about it last night. Sorry to hear about the job loss Tunick. But it's got to be nice to move on from Wal-Mart. Some times a boot in the ass like this is what you need to finally make the change you're hesitant to make. Do you have a link to the bin incident? I couldn't find one and I'm too lazy to look further this morning. Try careerbuilder.com or glassdoor.com. I'm job searching too and have had okay luck with them.

(If you run dangerously low on Vodka let me know. I'll send you another care package :p)

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Adding my two cents to everyone else - blessing in part. You're better than what you'd been doing. If I can offer my help in any way, let me know. I'm a hiring manager, so I can give you some resume feedback, interview tips, and the such.

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    DarthIntegral: Once I begin my job search, I will definitely seek your advice. :)

Jedi_Dajuan: I presently have a bottle of Smirnoff Iced Cake vodka in my freezer, but the sentiment there is much appreciated. :cool:

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Update!: Filed for unemployment 12 days ago, and heard back from the state today... they will conduct a phone interview between 1-3pm next Wednesday, so hopefully that goes well. I've also filled out applications for two places (BevMo & a warehouse in Chatsworth), but have yet to hear back from those establishments. I will continue the job search tomorrow... the link harpuah gave (indeed.com) has been a real help.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Good luck, hope something comes through for you soon.

DarthTunick likes this.
  22. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Good luck!

DarthTunick likes this.
  23. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Remember the longer you are unemployed the worse your prospects look. Seriously working a less paying job and looking for another one is better on a resume then no work at all. Seen it plenty of times. We reject people all the time who spent 98 weeks on unemployment. But to those who spent two weeks on unemployment and six months at mcdonalds, they get the star treatment. They are considered hard workers. They are considered those who are ready to get to work in your company. Mark my words Tunick you will see no positive outcome from keeping your standards the way they are.

24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Tell that to my undercooked hash browns.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    That's bull****... six months at McDonalds just makes you look like you will do anything for money. People are more interested in qualified individuals than desperation.

DarthTunick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.