main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    You have to go to the store and select them. They're not actually clothes, but dye for the clothes.

2. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Yeah. But like I said, it won't let me select previously purchased dyes. I try to press A (360) on them, and nothing happens. When I return to the in-game screen, my outfit is the exact same unless a purchase a brand new dye.

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I don't know about that one. Are you wearing the regular robes or a special outfit from the basement?

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Got this game and loving it already, except i hate the lock picking in this game

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I'm wearing Assassin's Robes. I've googled this subject and other games forums (like gamespot.com) have indicated that other people are also suffering from this bug.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Something very interesting in AC3

There lots of historical figures in Assassin's Creed III and they are

1. George Washington
    2. Benjamin Church
    3. Benjamin Franklin
    4. Benedict Arnold
    5. Charles Lee
    6. Paul Revere
    7. Nicholas Biddle
    8. Thomas Hickey
    9. Israel Putnam
    10. Samuel Adams
    11. Edward Braddock
    12. William Johnson
    13. John Pitcairn

HM
    1. Leonardo Da Vinci ( mentioned only )

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    That's not really a lot. Not by comparison to the previous games.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Tried out the multiplayer yesterday. When I played Brotherhood, I remember I did really well in my initial MP game, and figured I'd have the same kind of experience in ACIII.

Not so.

First, I ended up in a game type I wasn't familiar with (turns out we can select our own targets, which threw me), second... I suck. I suck massively. I ended up last. THE SHAME. THE BURNING SHAME.

On the other hand, I wrapped up all the single player achievements for the first time since ACII. So hooray.

9. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I also recall being fairly boss at Brotherhood's multiplayer. I've only done AC3's multiplayer once and I did fairly ok. Finished 3/8 on one of those free for all things. I would play it more, but I find it mildly annoying that I need to insert a second disc in order to play multiplayer. This annoyance is exacerbated by the fact that if I do happen to find time to play on my 360, it's right before I fall asleep, in which case I set the console up in my bedroom...but all the games are in the living room. So if I wanted to play multiplayer while I'm about ready to pass out, I'd have to drag myself out of bed and come to the living room to get the second disc, exchange disc 2 for disc 1 in the CD drive and then get back into bed to play and ultimately pass out.

Admittedly, this might not sound like such a huge pain to most people, but on the scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most exhaustion imaginable, I always end my days off on a 10 and that simple task of exchanging discs becomes an incredible burden.

...wow...quite the rambling on...

10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    No, you're right, it is a pain.

Played a bit more multiplayer, and did much better in the old school gametype where you're assigned targets. I'm also fairly impressed by the amount of customisation on offer for your various characters.

Oh, and I suppose I should comment on ACIII's ending:

It was underwhelming. I don't think it's anything like as bad as ME3's ending (which was so dreadful that it threatened the franchise itself) but it does feel like a giant waste. All that build up around Desmond... for that? I mean, I expect his consciousness has survived in some form -- even if we won't play as him in future installments -- but still, what a waste.) Anyway, here's hoping the next protagonist is Desmond's mother! :cool:

As for Connor's ending? Ehhhh, it was 'aite. I guess. Not really sure why he felt the sudden need to nab the amulet off Lee's body, though. I suppose he takes trophies of his kills, but still, it seemed pretty forced and I think it would have made more sense to make the amulet an important part of his plot, as well as the modern one.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Has anyone used Altair's outfit yet?

12. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Consider, where is the amulet from? One of the earliest bits of information we learn about the amulet comes from William Johnson: "It appears Kanien'kehá:ka in origin..." Also, when Ziio gets a look at it, she recognizes it instantly as relating to her people. Now, even without any previous knowledge of what the amulet is, what it does, and why it's so important, Connor's more than likely going to recognize it for the piece of Kanien'kehá:ka art that Ziio and Johnson believed it to be. And as far as Connor's concerned, who the hell is Charles Lee, of all people, to go walking around with a piece of his culture dangling around his neck?

Ulicus likes this.
  13. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Ah, good point. Would have helped to hear Connor reiterate that, as it had entirely slipped my mind.

14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Am i the only one who thinks that the first Assassin's Creed game is boring minus the story?

15. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I think I'm in the minority as someone who actually enjoyed the first Assassin's Creed. But AC2 was definitely superior in every single way and more. AC3 isn't doing much for me apart from the naval missions.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    IMO, AC3 has the best combat system

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I actually hate fighting in AC3. It's a repetitive formula of block, block, counter, block, block, counter, block, block, counter--lucky double-kill!

I like that they tried to implement the fluid Arkham Asylum fighting style, but fluid it is not. It's very choppy and never seems to flow well. And in those occasional instances where you manage a cinematic-style 3-kill combo, it seems abrupt.

I think the Ezio fighting style of previous games had a much better flow. I knew that, as Ezio, I would walk into a room full of dozens of baddies and confidently emerge victorious. With Connor, however, I feel that I'm lucky if I can kill three foes without taking severe damage. And if you throw in one of those bigger foes, forget it. Parrying their attacks doesn't work, and forget countering. You have to rely on heavy strikes or the lucky combo-kill.

18. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You have to disarm the big, axe-wielding guys. It's also a good idea with the officers. It's really the same as the Arkham games -- you have to use the right response for each enemy type -- just with the addition that you always begin with a block and then go to a follow-up action.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  19. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Did you know you can counter with any type of weapon by pressing the secondary attack instead of the main one? The bow, for example, instant kills those big guys. This works with anything. Countering with the rope dart is ******** awesome. You can also trip them and stab them.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Do you have to Parry to do a Counter Attack?

21. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Seems like I need more practicing

22. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Yes, you get the opportunity when you get that little slow motion bit.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    alright thanks

24. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Okay, so I followed Marcus's advice, and combat has become substantially better for me. I've been working the bow and arrow, pistols, and (so far the most awesome) the rope dart into combos.

I just finished the segment "A Broken Trust" where Connor has to stop the messengers without touching the ground. What. A. Huge. Pain. Not so much the touching the ground part, but the horse riding itself. "A Broken Trust" did a good job of finally getting me emotionally involved again, but then everything grinds to a halt due to the screwy horseback riding. It's incredibly frustrating when you're supposed to chase someone on horseback only to have your horse stop moving abruptly because of every little twig and pebble in the path. Ugh.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Got a question, i don't quite remember but is Fort Hill part of a main mission?

26. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I know Fort George is!