main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which episodes would you skip?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by 07jonesj, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Hello fellow LACWAC-ers! We've just hit the 100 episode mark for The Clone Wars, and naturally this has me looking back at all the great Star Wars we've gotten from this show. But naturally, where there is the fantastic, there is the terrible.

Once Season 5 is out, I plan to do an entire series run-through so far. It was then that I realised that I would actually likely skip some episodes. Would you watch the entire thing or skip undesired episodes? If so, which ones?

My episodes to skip:

1.08: Bombad Jedi (damn Jar Jar)
    1.12: The Gungan General (DAMN JAR JAR)
    1.17: Blue Shadow Virus (...just die Jar Jar, just die)
    3.05: Corruption (tea? 22 episodes on tea?!?)
    3.11: Pursuit of Peace (unnecessary)
    5.10: Secret Weapons (damn WAC)
    5.11: A Sunny Day in the Void (DAMN WAC)

That's only 7% of the series that I dislike! What would you skip to get to the good stuff?

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Pretty much all of those + Brothers, Evil Plans, and Missing in Action.

07jonesj likes this.
  3. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Why do you dislike Brothers but not the rest of the arc? (curious :))

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ummm, none? But for some, probably multi-task (read the boards while "watching").

07jonesj likes this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    None

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  6. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I liked Revenge.

But brothers had bad dialogue ("something... sinister" x2); Savage was irritating ("This dust is a clue" :confused:). Anakin and Ahsoka were shoehorned in randomly; Savage accusing Talzin of betrayal the moment the necklace's light goes out; nothing productive happening with Maul other than ranting - had the cut out most of the beginning, they could have folded Maul's restoration into the same episode; All of the scenes of Savage fumbling around calling out "brother."

It just felt like an incredibly slow episode with some terrible choices made by the production staff in the beginning in regards to unnecessary deviations and awful dialogue.

I just felt like they spent more time hyping up Maul's return than actually doing anything interesting. Like it was a bad 22 minute long commercial (30 minutes long if I include actual commercials [face_hypnotized] ) for the next 22 minute episode.

EDIT: If you skip Brothers, we last see Savage leaving Talzin to go off to find Maul, and next we see him coming back to Talzin in Revenge, insane spider-brother in tow. I would say that it would be out of context, but I don't know how much Brothers' context would improve things.

FARK2005 and Valairy Scot like this.
  7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This. I'd skip none. Yes, there are episodes I don't like.

07jonesj likes this.
  8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Oh, and I can't believe I forgot Nomad Droids. Possibly my least favorite episode until usurped by A Sunny Day in the Void. I did like the preceding Mercy Mission though.

Seerow likes this.
  9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    TaradosGon

Though I personally enjoy Brothers - I thought the build-up was necessary to make Maul returning at all plausible - I can see all your points. Especially Savage's IQ dropping considerably for some odd reason.

Well, Star Wars has a habit of starting in the middle of events. Though I enjoy Brothers, the opening of Revenge pretty much explains all you need to know.

TaradosGon likes this.
  10. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    All the droid centered episodes.

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Mercy Mission and Nomad Droids is my guilty pleasure of this series, for some unknown reason I absolutely love that duology. I guess I just loved the homage of the old Droids cartoons.

TaradosGon and Seerow like this.
  12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I <3 "Mercy Mission".

07jonesj likes this.
  13. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I would watch 'em all.

07jonesj likes this.
  14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'd be fine with skipping the following:

Downfall of a Droid, Duel of the Droids, Bombad Jedi, Dooku Captured, The Gungan General, Jedi Crash, Defenders of Peace, Blue Shadow Virus, Mystery of a Thousand Moons, Children of the Force, The Deserter, Lightsaber Lost, The Mandalore Plot, Voyage of Temptation, Duchess of Mandalore, Senate Murders, R2 Come Home, Supply Lines, Sphere of Influence, Corruption, The Academy, Evil Plans, Hunt for Ziro, Heroes on Both Sides, Pursuit of Peace, Overlords, Altar of Mortis, Ghosts of Mortis, Shadow Warrior, Mercy Mission, Nomad Droids, Plan of Dissent, Carnage of Krell, A Friend in Need, Deception, Friends and Enemies, Brothers, A War on Two Fronts, Front Runners, The Soft War, Secret Weapons, A Sunny Day in the Void.

I think that's 42, sounds about right.

gizmodeus likes this.
  15. gizmodeus

gizmodeus Jedi Padawan

Sep 5, 2012
    yes

easier to list shows not to skip

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    This, and all the Maul ones. As far as I'm concerned, the dude died.

17. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    It's kinda hard to remember all 100 episodes (thanks for the reruns, CN) but I'd probably skip about two seasons worth of episodes.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Since this is asking what episodes I would skip and not asking for a recommendation of which to skip I'll bite, even though the list is the same as those I listed in the worst episodes thread. Bombad Jedi, Evil Plans, Secret Weapons, A Sunny Day in the Void, and probably Missing in Action.

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd definitely skip none, because every episode is significant in their own way and they all add up to the overall storyline of TCW. Plus I reckon Jar Jar Binks and WAC-47 are great characters and add a bit of comedy to some of the episodes, like the Droid arc.

Darth Vader, 07jonesj and Seerow like this.
  20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    All of the Witches episodes, and all of the later Maul/Savage eps, I hate them so much.

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, you obviously miss out on plot threads when you skip episodes. As for Jar Jar, I think TCW team got better at actually making him funny later on in the show. "Supply Lines" and the Season 4 opener are examples of where I actually chuckled at his antics.

And I've stated in other threads that I love 3PO/R2 episodes. What a comedy duo!

22. Darth_Cronos

Darth_Cronos Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2009
    I wouldnt skip any i would just compress some together i.e. onderon 3 ep maybe 2 lol

23. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    I wouldn't skip any either but I believe some episodes just aren't very good, especially compared to others, so if I did skip some they would be:

1. Bombad Jedi (liked it at first, but after further viewing, a very annoying episode)
    2. The Gungan General (ugh BJ Hughes and just a terrible plot)
    3. Corruption (horrible, horrible episode all around)
    4. The Academy (even worse than corruption, Scooby Doo does not mix with Star Wars)
    5. Evil Plans (skip the first 18 or so minutes, stuff with Bane and Hutts at end is great)
    6. Pursuit of Peace (such a pointless episode, who cares about all of this poliitical crap, the episode right before it made us care about politics of war, but not this one)
    7. Mercy Mission (not that bad of an episode, but does not fit in with The Clone Wars)

In other words, this is basically a worst episodes thread.

24. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I guess I would skip most of them. :)

No, just kidding. I would skip the really bad episodes that are being mentioned on some of the threads on this forum, such as Evil Plans and Shadow Warrior.

25. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't remember the episode names all that much anymore but my advice would be to skip any episode where the following are the main protagonists of the episode:

Padme
    Jar Jar
    Droids

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.