main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Non Force sensitive members of the SkySolo family?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Does anyone want there to be a non force sensitive member in the SkySolo family? We already know Shmi and her family weren't force sensitive. Since Jaina and Jag are married now and if they have kids they couldn't be force sensitive since Jag isn't it.

But Jaina and Jag's descendants from Legacy are force sensitive, so that's kind of a given.

We still don't know about Allana's descendants though.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Jaina/Jag and Ben could have more descendants than just Roan/Marasiah and Cade/Kol/Nat too. Still don't know if Ania Solo is Force-sensitive or not.

3. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I think they said already Ania is force sensitive.

4. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I thought they were deliberately vague about Ania being force sensitive, IIRC. She finds a lightsaber, but doesn't know how to use it.

5. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I always want more non-Force sensitive characters to be featured. Characters with more vulnerabilities are more interesting and to me the Force always felt like a giant cheat button.

Reaper63 and krtmd like this.
  6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There's always Dani Kieran......[face_whistling]

And yeah, I'm pretty sure Allana's been all but confirmed to be Force sensitive after that Kessel incident. Would have been neat if she hadn't been, though, just for something unexpected.

Actually -- it would have been even better if Luke had had a kid who wasn't Force sensitive. Man, what a mess that poor tyke would have growing up!

Ulicus likes this.
  7. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Allana's force sensitive, no doubt.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Han isn't! More non-force sensitive people is a must though. Widen the galaxy!

9. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Well, ever since it was revealed Luke, Leia and their father all had Force Powers people have been assuming if the parents were Force users, the children will be Force users as well. I never liked that vision. They have done it to the Solos, to the Horns...
    Perhaps there is an higher chance, but still...

10. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Unfortunately, the existence of the Lost Tribe of the Sith has confirmed that it is possible to breed the Force selectively, as if it were any other heritable trait. So yeah, we're kind stuck with that.

11. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I would love to read a novel or a comic book abour a scientist who manages to create a weapon that can neutralize the Force by injecting something in the body of Force-users.

12. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    This has the potential of going off the rails so fast, but I agree. There needs to be something else beside ysalamiri to null the Force.

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Vong blood?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  14. Mechalich

Feb 2, 2010
    Because of the way midichlorians are supposed to work something like this would probably result in almost immediate death. Useful if you wanted to create a powerful bioweapon, not so good at isolating and weakening Force-users.

On the other hand, the Force does not confer complete invulnerability to science-derived attacks. The virus Aorth-6 was able to incapacitate and almost kill Palpatine himself.

15. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    It is not a sure thing though. Vestara's mother was not force sensitive, so one force parent has potential, but is it absolute? Would two be even more certain to produce force children? It would be interesting how a Sith parent would treat a non-force child.

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In Children of the Jedi, it's brought up that sensitivity can vary within a family- you could have several siblings- one very weak in the Force, the others strong- and there is potential for danger- the low-powered child reaching to the dark side to compete with their siblings.

17. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    They can’t have all force sensitive offspring, as they have a whole servant cast that is kept up for generations that are not force users.

18. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    I just assume that exposure to the force and force sensitives makes children born nearby more likely to be force sensitive themselves. Or the same thing happens when you live near a force nexus.

I dunno, any explanation to move things away from force user husbandry and dynasties. That kind of stuff goes against the universal nature of the force in my opinion. Not to mention being skeevy.

Well, lots of guys with blasters would work, hence Order 66. Bombs are pretty effective too.

I'd prefer that there were more drawbacks to being force sensitive, in the same way that having a hypersensitive senses can be troublesome.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Streen's woes in Jedi Search were a good example of the "hypersensitivity" problem.

20. Mechalich

Feb 2, 2010
    Sure, it's not certain, but that's not the point. The point is that a single planet, with a population at best in the low billions given what we know of the technological capabilities, bred tens of thousands of Force users. If the base Force sensitivity rate is 1 in 1 million (10^-6) then the Lost Tribe got it up to more like 1 in one hundred thousand (10^-5), an increase of an order of magnitude. For that to be possible the overwhelming majority of Force sensitive parents must have Force sensitive children over generations.

So yes, maybe its possible to have the one highly unexpected non-Force sensitive offspring of Force sensitive parents, but this would be a very rare event, probably something on the one in a thousand births range. At that rate we shouldn't see a non-sensitive Skywalker or Solo, it would defy the established odds.

21. max-attac

max-attac Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2009
    Sincerely and without wanting to attack anyone, I don't understand people who asked all the time to see fewer Jedi and Sith in Star Wars. They are at the heart of the franchise, so in my opinion, what remains for you if you got bored about Jedi is to watch Columbo, NCIS or Fox News, in short, anything in which there is no Force-sensitives.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    We want to see more smugglers, bounty hunters, regular starfighter pilots, ground troops, the common everyday person effected by the Jedi and Sith! Widen the galaxy! In the galaxy there are trillions of people who could give us a great story that isn't Force-related.

Mirax Terrik likes this.
  23. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    ^^^ This. I don't mind seeing Jedi and Sith, but they do get boring after a while if it's all we see. A non Force-sensitive in the Skysolo family? The story implications are huge! How will they deal with being a muggle, especially when so much stuff in that family centers around dealing with the Force? Can they handle the feeling of thinking they are 'nothing,' especially if a Sith uses it as a taunt and throws it right into their face?

And especially, how will the Force-sensitive relatives deal with it? Will they view that person as little more then a burden that needs to be protected, or will they see them as someone with their own special qualities?

The closest parallel I would in this would be something like a story from the X-men comics, where Sabertooth and Mystique have a son, and because he turns out to be a normal person and not a mutant, they discard him. He grows up hating mutants because he was rejected by his parents, and eventually Sabertooth kills him in cold blood.

I don't think the Skysolos would do this to their non-Force sensitive relative, but they might get tempted to shove him to the sidelines because he can't partake in all of the big Force action.

24. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Why not Ysalamiri blood?

25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The question did ask "something besides ysalamiri" - I guessed that included ysalamiri products as well.