main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    For some incredibly stupid reason, they're released a young reader's novel that covers the upcoming Maul eps.

cwustudent and Seerow like this.
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This is why I no longer help out on Wookieepedia. They do dumb stuff like this because they're following a regimented system like a bunch of drones.

3. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Wookieepedia is incredibly useful but honestly all wiki policies are incredibly rigid.

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, that's usually the way of it. Unfortunately they'll think in terms of policies rather than what site visitors think. There've been issues similar to this where a book or comic will come out and if a character had a fake identity in the story (which is common), the revelation is in the name of the page.

Seerow likes this.
  5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm pretty sure at one point Plagueis' article was renamed Hego Damask, which really made me confused at first as to how wookiee redirected there, not realizing that Hego and Plagueis were the same character, and I believe it was shortly before the novel was even released.

An alter ego isn't exactly the biggest spoiler, though I was still surprised that details from a yet to be released book could be updated to the character's page, or that anyone would bother to rename Plagueis' page to Hego Damask.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    God, I don't even want to get into the whole Jacen Solo thing. The Wook is great in some areas, but horrible in others. I know everything is canon, but does it really need an article on boobs? (WARNING: THERE IS A PICTURE OF AN ACTUAL BOOB THERE lol)

07jonesj and Robimus like this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    it even has appearances [face_laugh]

07jonesj likes this.
  8. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    "As in many other comic books, female characters are sometimes depicted with breasts on the verge of being disproportionately large. However, breast size is only ambiguously canonical, as characters that appear in both comics and movies typically have smaller breasts in the movies, whose canonicity overrides that of the comics."

Oh yes, that is just fantastic. The canonocity of breasts. *Looks at Attack of the Clones* Hmm, I think those are G-level breasts.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It is quite sad when Admins of Wookiepedia make up stuff like the tag line of the latest season being "Army of Revenge". [face_laugh]

10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    LOL, that's fairly accurate though. What is the tagline anyhow?

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    That has actually been on wikipedia since before Season 5 started. I have no idea where it originated from.

12. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The incredibly good reason being that it pre-emptively allows Jason Fry to better integrate the story arc with established canon.

Every article dealing with the death of a character as revealed by the Shadow Conspiracy has been marked with the appropriate spoiler tag. It's a large, black banner, located at the top of the article. It's always been sufficient for me to either steer clear or browse with caution.

In a universe where there are mammalian, reptilian, insectoid, avian, and even arboreal species, biological anatomy is a notable thing. There are numerous articles on all sorts of other organs and bodily features; breasts shouldn't be an exception when we have canonical information on biological function, social and cultural concepts, and gender roles. Also, the image on the page is officially licensed, canonical art, and even meets classical standards of tastefulness no less than Renaissance-era nudes.
    Boobs exist. They can be sexy. That's not a reason to be afraid of them.

No Wookieepedia admin has ever made up the "Army of Revenge" tagline. That information was added by a non-administrative editor, and removed by you. It took me 30 seconds to look that up. You can at least make such a small commitment before taking potshots at innocent parties.

GGrievous likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Mia Mesharad if I was coming off as prudish, that was not my intent. I happen to own Visions, and I remember another discussion about that particular image in Lit, possibly on the Temp boards.

I was more making a point that there is an article for every conceivable thing in the SW universe on the Wook. If it's appeared even once in the most obscure source, it has an article there.

Anyway, this isn't the place to harp on the Wook (flawed as it is). I'd love to create a thread extolling all my personal issues with the site, but we're here to discuss TCW.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    It wasn't about 'Shadow Conspiracy', it was about the Mandalore arc, and the character had no spoiler banner at the top of the page.

15. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    If it has to do with the next three episodes after Point of No Return, then its because the storyline has already been released in the Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy young readers book. I have tried to stay away from the content in the book b/c i don't want to be spoiled but thats what i've gleaned from looking up future episodes names and related arcs on wookieepedia...

Aren't they one in the same? Thats what I got from the Season 5 Trailer at least...Mauldalore.

And I don't mean to bring it back up, but I honestly wouldn't mind another Special Edition - as long as it's only of the PT...and by PT i basically just mean ROTS. And by Special Edition I really just mean re-make the whole film.

There're just so many things that I watch and i get depressed thinking, "really George, That's the dialogue you put in...really?" The more and more Grievous fights Obi in TCW, the more and more I wish the would just edit that dumb "trained in your Jedi arts" line out...

16. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I suppose I should clarify as well. Though I quoted you, my post was honestly largely in frustration with the people who attempted to have the image removed from the Wookieepedia article, and the vague concept that because it's a breast, it has no place being discussed or cataloged in an encyclopedic fashion.

To your second point: The thing you have to understand on that front, is that Wookieepedia has become the single most recognized repository for Star Wars information. The official site now links it's "Encyclopedia" articles to the corresponding pages on the Wook. People go there looking for everything from finding out the name of a cool species they saw in passing, to the identity of an obscure background character that had always caught their eye, while others seek detailed information on planets, from their statistical data to geography and resident culture. Furthermore, it's a tool for writers, both fan and professional; it provides canonical precedents for situations, and offers easy browsing of such flavor-adding items as sports teams to pepper dialogue, or common items to fills a supposedly lived-in space. That's why these things are all covered there. You never know what kind of fan will come knocking or what they'll be there for. Obscurity to one is necessity to another.

They're the same story arc. And I don't know what to tell you. You may have missed it, or it may have been a temporary oversight at the time which has since been rectified. If it's a case of the latter, sorry you were spoiled.

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh well, I've learned my lesson, don't look on Wookieepedia at TCW characters while the arc is coming up. But as much as I would have liked to not be spoiled for two of the characters, I'm still looking forward to what looks like an amazingly good arc!

18. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    They are there for a reason.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Sorry! Some of the admins are not innocents, but that is not the point. :p
    Ok, I should have stated in a different way so not to annoy you - I am shocked that an Admin would leave that on. Cause I have added unconfirmed things to articles (that were confirmed a little later) that right away deleted so I was surprised that such an important thing was left hanging and confusing people.

But whatever...

20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Good.:)

If there is more to discuss regarding Wook-articles/policies, please take it to the Social or a PM. Thank You.

21. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    That was a noob

22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Still not entirely sure why a licensed picture of topless Aayla exists, tasteful or not. About as random as topless Lois Lane. Just something arbitrary to a franchise that doesn't really "go there."

23. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Sorry, didn't see the warning about Wookieepedia discussion.

Rewinding to something relevant - Not Wookieepedia, not Lucas' special edition, not special editions of any kind, not Darth Vader/Anakin nomenclature.

Ah. Whether Ahsoka's fate should be shown, particularly if Rex and Order 66 are involved.

Yes, IMO. If TCW were the last of Star Wars ever, then it would just be an annoying ending IMO, like that of Sopranos. But since Star Wars has a never ending EU, then it's just irresponsibly passing the buck, because you know the EU will resolve it, it will not be left hanging at a unsolved confrontation.

I think that Rex being passed over by Appo by the time of Order 66 pretty much means he's dead or AWOL by then. Having Ahsoka live I think opens a can of worms in regards to the films, because you establish her as a hero figure to a bunch of kids and show her as always trying to do the right thing, etc. But then show her as someone that just gave up and sat the Galactic Civil War out only to inevitably crop up sometime in the New Republic era.

Better to let her die a hero IMO/in a tragic betrayal.

07jonesj likes this.
  24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    TaradosGon

The only way Ahsoka could conceivably live is if she leaves the Jedi Order. Of course we have the vision in Mortis, "You will not see your future if you remain his student!"

I'm personally of the opinion that she should die also, though not through any kind of malice - I really like her character. I think it needs to happen to push Anakin further towards his ROTS state. If you've read the novel, he's clearly not in a healthy state of mind at that point, and the loss of Ahsoka would naturally play into that.

fett 4 likes this.
  25. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I don't think she has to die in order to remain a hero and not "Sit out the Galactic War." I think there's a chance Disney will want to continue a similar show after Order 66 - like a spinoff of sorts and that her fate could be decided during that series as to why we don't see her in ANH.

As for Appo passing up Rex. I was always confused by this because I was under the impression that the Company of 501st officers that stormed the temple were Shocktroopers based on Coruscant and not part of a Company that was still active in the outer rim sieges. If we think about it, the Legion is almost 10,000 troops strong - with nearly 150 troops per company. My guess is Anakin only stormed the Temple with at the most a Battalion - not the whole Legion. Rex wouldn't have had to be there and Appo's new rank wouldn't eliminate him from the 501st.

We know that Rex was the Captain of Torrent Company but Appo could have changed companies or just not have been in Torrent Company at all according to TCW (We only see him as sergeant on Umbara - he could have been a part of a different company in the 501st Legion). My guess is that Torrent Company isn't on Coruscant during the Temple attack. OR that they're on Coruscant but perhaps they refuse the Order under Rex's leadership...Now wouldn't that be an interesting scene to witness for the series...