main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Do you want Prequel characters to appear?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CaptainRegor, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Yes! Any PT character who has become a Force ghost can appear.
    Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan (Ewan), Anakin (Haydn), and Yoda could all appear. Less Yoda though.

I would not complain at all if a one armed Mace Windu turning up.

kainee likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want Ric Ollie to show up, so he can team up with Lobot and take down the Ice Cream Man.

3. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Ewan can't appear as a Force Ghost since we already know what Force Ghost Obi-Wan looks like and if anyone suggests that Obi-Wan decided to make himself younger, that seems a bit vain for a Jedi.

As for who could show up, I guess most of them would be dead. Qui-Gon could appear I guess as could Anakin. I guess young Obi-Wan could appear as a holo-recording. It might be interesting to see what 70 year old Jar Jar is up to, just to piss people off. :p

kainee likes this.
  4. kainee

kainee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2012
    I wouldn't be averse to seeing Clone War era holograms since it'd be interesting to see Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor in the Clone Wars armor.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Anakin as the Force Ghost seem's an obvious and the most logical storywise (though I admit the PT took logic for a very long holiday), especially if its gonna be his grandkids anyway. The only issue would be Hayden and his urm "acting"

Would love to see Palpatine as an evil force ghost but that's really because I would just love to see Ian Mcdairmid again and of course the brilliant Emperors theme.

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    The OVERALL #1 most famous, notorious, and popular character in the SW franchise is Anakin/Darth Vader. If force ghosts are going to exist at all in the ST, I think Hayden will be one of them for sure (if not the only one).

He is the most relevant and compelling of all of the SW characters that are dead.

The only awkward thing would be that his appearance would be younger than that of his son and daughter. Then again, they could make him look older via special effects/ makeup. Making Hayden look 30 years older would be much easier and more feasible than making Hamill or Fisher 30 years younger.

kainee and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The Anakin/Vader charachter would not be the problem, he was even ment to be in the original versions and out off all the Force Ghosts makes the most story sense. The issue would be the acting and actor, could Hayden pull off convincing gravitas to make it work, unless they simply special, special edition Hayden and replace him with a different actor.

8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I get that you don't like him as an actor, but some of us do. That is just your opinion that he didn't do a good job as Anankin, others obviously disagree.

kainee and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Have got nothing against Hayden personaly, he seems like a good guy, and I feel sorry for him after what it's done to his career.He also had some bad lines,direction to work with. I just dunno if he has the gravitas to make it work.
    Alec Guiness obviously did, so much so that even with his certain point of view contradicts everything he previously said, we as an audience don't simply dismiss him or not take him seriously. If Hayden can pull it off then I say yeah go for it, but if not simply put in another actor.

kainee likes this.
  10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I wasn't saying you didn't like him personally, I was saying you didn't like him as an actor in the series. I thought he was very good in ROTS, and a small force ghost role would be much easier to pull off than ROTS.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    E.T.'s race.
    Watto

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Prequel characters need only appear if they bring something to the story.

And who exactly could be in it anyway?.......

Qui Gon - Dead
    Obi Wan - Dead
    Anakin - Dead
    Sidious - Dead
    Padme - Dead
    Mace Windu - Dead
    Yoda - Dead
    Ki Adi Mundi - Dead
    Kit Fisto - Dead
    Shaak Ti - Dead
    Jango Fett - Dead
    Dooku - Dead
    Maul - To die in TCW at some point, so Dead by the ST
    Jabba - Dead
    Bail Organa - Dead

So really you've got Watto & Jar Jar, neither of whom I personally want to see in the movies, plus bringing back people from the dead is lazy and unoriginal not to mention often stupid.

Force Ghost or Holograms are fine, nothing more.

13. Maciste

Maciste Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2013
    I want to see Boss Nass again.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I have not seen him in other roles so I cannot really compare him, as opposed to Ewan (with Trainspotter and Shallow Grave) or Portman (Leon and Heat). I do think he was unfortunate with the fact he didn't get to be in TPM (just imagine if Mark Hamill only showed up in ESB) and some of his lines he got were pretty bad (Sand!) while working with Portman (rather than Ewan) who he had no chemistry with and who obviously didn't want to be there also didn't help.

15. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Let's start the campaign now:

[​IMG]

16. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    You think Watto would still be alive by then?

17. Maciste

Maciste Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2013
    Achk Med-Beq

[​IMG]

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  18. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Everyone would be too old. Far too old in-story. Watto's son, maybe.

19. Darth_Leeda

Darth_Leeda Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Yes. Palps/Plagueis Holocrons would be great. Having them tempt someone in the Skywalker/Solo line would be pretty cool. It would also help tie all the films together.

-DL