main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series To the Pain! TCW Seasons 1-4 Best Episode Poll (np: S1)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jan 8, 2013.

?

Best Episode of Season 1

1. Ambush (S01E01)

2.0%
  2. Shadow of Malevolence (S01E03)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rookiees (S01E05)

26.5%
  4. Cloak of Darkness (S01E09)

12.2%
  5. Lair of Grievous (S01E10)

14.3%
  6. Jedi Crash! (S01E13)

2.0%
  7. Trespass (S01E15)

12.2%
  8. Innocents of Ryloth (S01E20)

12.2%
  9. Hostage Crisis (S01E22)

14.3%
  10. Other

4.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Rookies, hand down for me. The most classic TCW episode, IMO. Its the first proper introduction to the clone troopers in TCW. Loads of fun. Great story about team work, coming together, over coming adversity, brotherhood, and all the jazz. Its actually got some good comic rlea The battle droids are genuinely threatening. Hevy's sacrifice still gives me feels. It fits into a larger arc with "Clone Cadets" and "ARC Troopers" which further enhance it. Rex literally put his hand on Echo. =b

QuangoFett and 07jonesj like this.
  2. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Tough choice because Lair of Grievous, Cloak of Darkness and Trespass remain some of the show's best episodes.

Rookies still tops them though, still might be the best episode of the series.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Cloak of Darkness for me.
    +Nute Gunray FTW!
    +Argyus was a cool turn-cloak.
    +Featured Luminara for the first time (I think)
    +Was simple and fun, yet continued the informal Gunray arc
    -Ahsoka taught a Jedi Master a lesson in humility [face_plain]

4. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yes, I've tried to explain a few times but it falls on deaf ears. I'm personally still keeping all of Grievous's original backstory, but it was very altered by Lair.

That said he did inlcude Qymaen jai Sheelal's Kaleesh battle mask which was at least a nod to what came before.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I knew Rookiees would likely win, but I'm surprised at the love for Lair of Grievous.

I went with Innocents of Ryloth. Close behind were Rookies, Cloak, and Trespass.

Seerow likes this.
  6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I can already hear Dave Filoni's nasally voice issuing that quote from a Darth Vader mask.

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think it's good to preserve as much EU as possible where there's no absolute contradiction, so while I share this view in the abstract concerning issues where there is an absolute contradiction, I don't think this example fits that description. From what I gathered from the Wook, in the EU back-story even though his body was mutilated he still had the choice to become a cyborg or die, so that line in Lair of Grievous works just fine with the EU back-story, and the statues aren't in any way definitive, it's very easy to conceive how someone in that position could find symbolic value in them even if his transformation wasn't really as gradual as they might suggest on the surface. This isn't Ryloth having a sunrise and sunset. It can be worked out for those who want it to work.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Or just go with Jason Fry's Essential Guide to Warfare and say the histories are muddled. A multiple choice past, if you will.

I picked Hostage Crisis. Very good episode that showed lots of potential for TCW.

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I found the easy multiplicity of Grievous' body creepy in Lair. Never really thought he'd have a bunch of replacement parts. Also made him seem less unique to me somehow. Or maybe just less dangerous. Good episode though.

Hostage Crisis I thought was decent, but never understood the love some people had for it. Other than as a intro to Bane. Also the clone saying "oh my god" in the background when Ziro is released is still my favorite thing ever in TCW. :p

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  10. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Rookies.

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this one? I'm a clonefansince2002 and that episode was one of the neatest clone trooper-focused stories I'd seen or read up to that point.

An honourable mention is given to the other episodes in the poll. None of them were ones I ever considered to be bad, though I certainly didn't enjoy S1 (good episodes included) as much as the later seasons.

Seerow likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Rookies is my favourite

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Battle will be for the #2 spot

07jonesj likes this.
  13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I voted for "Trespass" but I hope "Cloak of Darkness" gets #2. There's just so much more going on in it than in "Lair". The Ahsoka/Luminara/Asajj dynamic is fun, Gunray has some lines that rival Hondo Ohnaka's, and the Gree/Argyus conversations are thought-provoking.

Oh, and the bad guys actually win. I love the rare instances where that happens.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm leaning towards voting for Cloak of Darkness. I also love Lair of Grievous but as 07jonesj said it simply doesn't have as much going on in it. I love Ambush but I don't wanna waste my vote on a losing episode, and if The Hidden Enemy was on the list I'd probably vote for that but I don't want to waste my vote on Other either. I love Trespass and that's another close contender, but it feels a lot like a Star Trek episode and I'd rather vote for an episode with a more pure Star Wars feel.

07jonesj likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Innocents is a close call for me with Rookies. That episode still pulls on my heart strings. The story of two brutal stories who befriend a lost little girl. Oh man. There are few things in TCW quite like the scene where Waxer gives Numa the doll inside of what remains of her house and then gets hugged. That really hurts now the he's gone. I don't find the sunlight in that episode anymore like I did before Carnage. Interesting to think that the latest clone trooper we've met seems to be cut from the same kind cloth as Waxer. Obi-wan was also awesome in that episode. However Rookies wins for feel good fun.

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Feel good fun?!? "Clone Cadets" and the medal 99 shows in "ARC Troopers" disagrees. I'm still cutup about Hevy. :(

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah sucks about Hevy, he kinda dies because of troubleshooting fail which really sucks. However Rookies is so much fun it makes me happy win I watch it. Not the same kinda happy as "The Deserter" which makes me warm and fuzzy happy however. "Clone Cadets" actually does have a feel good thing going for it since its kinda an underdog story. "ARC Troopers" not so much, 99's death is very raw. Still the over all arc makes me happy from the fun of it. ...and this is a very strange post. x.x;

07jonesj likes this.
  18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I do love Domino Squad though. Every episode they appear in has been good. Even the Citadel trilogy only features Echo and Fives in a minor role, yet I still love their involvement.

The action in "ARC Troopers" is fantastic, and the two lightsaber duels happening at the same time is frantic, energetic fun. 99's death didn't affect me nearly as much as Hevy's or Echo's. I guess I saw it coming a mile away, which lessened the impact.

Seerow likes this.
  19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Cloak should almost win solely because of how incredible Nute Gunray is.

20. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    This is not such an easy choice, but ultimately I think I have to go with 'Innocents Of Ryloth'. I really like the story of Obi-Wan leading an attempt at freeing the Twi'lek hostages used as a living shield while troopers Waxer and Boil get sidetracked when they find and helps the little Twi'lek girl Numa to reunite with her captured family (that subplot is just great; love the emotional stuff). The tactical droid was a surprisingly solid and effective villain; him getting ripped apart by the Twi'leks was great. The ending of the episode with Waxer and Boil getting to know what the Twi'leki word Numa kept saying to them meant in basic was really good; quite possibly my favorite episode ending of the season.

Seerow and rumblewagon like this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I love Domino Squad. Fives really won me over in Umbara although I always liked him better than Echo. I appreciated is earlier appearances more after that even though he was quiet. I do could the Citadel arc in Five's (and even Rex's) characters arc because of the impact I believe Echo's death had. That, "I'm not just another number" stuff is the scar that is on that clones heart. ARC Troopers is an awesome episode and my real favorite in the Rookies Trilogy. Cool duels and I thought 99's death was pretty sad. We'll get there. =b

07jonesj likes this.
  22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    So when will this poll thread close and we'll move on to the next one?

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    When Cloak of Darkness has enough votes to pull into 2nd. :D

07jonesj likes this.
  24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Trespass!

Chairman Cho's deliciously arrogant body language combined with Brian George's performance made this guy such a memorable antagonist. I just loved the atmosphere the episode was oozing with. Not to mention, the wonderfully depicted action sequences.

"Jedi Crash" would have to be my second favourite.

07jonesj likes this.
  25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well usually we'd leave it up for a couple of weeks, but I guess most of the regulars have posted. I'll wait until the end of the week to be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.