main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone else annoyed...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Such as...? The Sopranos in Star Wars? Game of Galaxies?

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  2. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, the Underworld show for one. I'm not saying it has to be rated TV-MA, but something with more adult themes in terms of extensive storylines that last one or multiple seasons, etc.

I don't need sex, violence and death sticks addicts necessarily, but the lack of character development, loose ends not being tied up, etc. has grown weary for me regarding TCW.

The complete lack of anything resembling a big Separatist win is mindboggling. How does this war last 3 yrs with the Republic winning every battle?

It is impossible to believe General Grevious as some big threat to both the Republic and the Jedi in ROTS based on how he is depicted in TCW. All he does is fail in scheme after scheme, and how many Jedi has he killed? One Padawan?

Rant over :p

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I was also very intrigued about the Star Wars: Underworld TV series they were working on. Crime lords like Jabba, bounty hunters (Boba, Aurra Sing) and smugglers (a young Han perhaps?) I figure would make for a very interesting galaxy and some extensive storylines. Hopefully it wasn't all canned when Disney bought up Lucasfilm.

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I personally believe that the video game Star Wars 1313 is incorporating some of the plot from Underworld. Now that Rick McCallum has left, and a sequel trilogy is in development, I think it's been cancelled.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That would have been an awesome episode... Poggle escaping thanks to Brain Worms he gives.

6. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I'd like to see Luminara and Barriss back for sure. The Jedi Master with young protege could make a good compare/contrast with Anakin/Ashoka. They touched on that a little but not much.

7. Darth_Calgmoth

Darth_Calgmoth Jedi Master star 2

Jul 7, 2006
    Actually, I thought that was the whole point why they would continue the brain worm thing after Karina the Great got buried. And, by the way, she has to be alive, hasn't she? Else the brain worms would not have worked in 'Brain Invaders'.

I was completely devastated when they actually made us believe that Wat Tambor could be caught a second time during the Clone Wars. But Poggle as well?! The guy knows about the Death Star and Darth Sidious. This really should have had major repercussions...

8. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Frankly, this is one major reason that seasons 1 and 2 are my favorites. They had the best stories, most light-hearted mood, and were frankly the most fun. Dunno, I thought the youngling arc was a step in the right direction, but mostly the series at this point just feels boring. I miss the old seperatist villains, not these super tactical droids >.>

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I prefer the darker stuff. [face_devil]

The youngling arc was great though, wasn't it? And the problem with the super tactical droids is they were introduced to be badasses, but turned out to be even more incompetent than the regular tactical droids.

One of them is defeated by Gascon. Yeah, I'd deactivate myself if that happened.

10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I guess if you rule out any Jedi who died in RotS, and disregard EU, you can have some Jedi whose fates are a mystery, like Ahsoka's. Having them more involved with the Big Three can raise interest there.

11. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Normally I like dark stuff too, but I dunno. What good arcs do we actually have to show for the darkness? The only one that I really enjoyed the last few seasons that would qualify as "Dark" was the Umbara arc.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He said they "don't have time"? After four episodes focusing on ****ing droids, I'm not sure whether to laugh at that statement or give my forehead some keyboard.

I don't mind an Anakin/Obi-Wan focus, since we didn't see enough of their friendship in the OT, but it's possible to give them plenty of screen time without sacrificing a focus on the other Jedi who are only mentioned in passing in the films.

Filoni is full of crap. I'd respect him more if he owned his choices instead of making some lame-ass excuse about time.

13. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I'm happy with the way things are.

14. thank

thank Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 8, 2013
    I know I'm obviously biased since I'm a Luminara fan, but I think her portrayal in Season 2 (Geonosis) gave her so much humanity and development that many other Jedi in the show lack, I mean, she seemed relatable and I think the chemistry between her and Anakin seemed better than what would have been with say Aayla Secura or Shaak Ti, because Luminara seems vulnerable and as if she actually learns from Anakin. It's almost like they portrayed her in the way that they portray some of the more main characters... like her sarcastic banter with Anakin.. it's moments like that which is why there should be more "background" Jedi central because Luminara manage to develop from "some Jedi" to someone who if you didn't know any better may as well have been part of the main cast.

That's how I see it at least, haha

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Very well said.... very well said! Bravo!

I love Gascon and Gregor, but there is always time for fan favorites like Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura and Yoda. YODA! Five seasons and there is no time for Yoda?!?!!?

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I saw in a recent interview (I believe with MTV) that Filoni said there will be a Yoda arc in S6. I think S5 is going to be the low-point of the series (even if the rest of the season is amazing after the current arc).

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Time for another PR reference from Seerow. Seems like S4 was the underrated Zeo of TCW then S5 is Turbo. Turbo sucks for the first half and gets better in the last few arcs. Maybe that's an omen. The bad guys temporarily win at the end of Turbo. That means season 6 has to be like Space. Space is epic. =b

I like dark stuff as well although I'm not fond of stuff that is overly grin dark or that just does it for the shock value/ cool factor. TCW strikes a good balance with this most of the time. Definitely cool to have a cast of OCs in Young Jedi. Yeah those STDs, they suck man.

07jonesj likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

*insert that line from Slim Shady about what Christina Aguilera gave to Eminem*

Seerow likes this.
  19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I love grimdark stuff like "The Walking Dead" or "Game of Thrones". Not quite sure why, I may just like crying when my favourite characters get killed off.

But I don't come to Star Wars for that kind of content, that just isn't and never has been what SW is. It's not just TCW, but Star Wars in general that I think strikes a good balance between the adult and kid inside me. When SW is at it's best, you can enjoy it in two ways, two generations. IMO that's why SW is still popular to this day, no matter what age you are you can get something from SW.

I'd really like to see the younglings again. They could show another Jedi trial or just have Yoda take them on an adventure that the Force wills them on.

What is it with droids being utterly incompetent in TCW? I think R2 is the only one that has ever shown any skill.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    R2 is the most competent character in the Star Wars universe, period. All the droids in the films are incompetent as well, there are just a hell of a lot more of them in TCW.

C3PO=classic damsel in distress.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    When the new series was started in 08 I had hoped that Anakin and Obi-Wan would only get cameos throughout the series and not be focused on that much. Okay start them off with a somewhat big arc so people can get into the series but focus on everyone else in the galaxy after that. Give Anakin and Obi-Wan a major arc every season but cameos for the rest.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm all for stuff that gives me feels and pulls at my heart strings. TCW has made me tear up before. I have a higher tolerance for nightmare fuel in animation. Its just I don't believe grimdark automatically means great story telling.

I really am not able to enjoy serious grimdark horror very well myself

I come to SW for escapism like everyone else I'm sure, its cool there are so many different things in it different fans can enjoy.

I would like to see the Jedi mythos explored more like Young Jedi had started to again at some point in the show..

23. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Poggle kind of returned, we saw a glimpse of him in his cell in Assassin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Never noticed that!
    The Jedi should've gotten tonnes of information out of him during interrogation time. Frankly, given that Sidious wanted a prolonged war to dwindle Jedi numbers, the Separatist leaders should've been freed by his agents or a Separatist insurrection. I remember when San Hill was captured by the Republic in the micro-series and was promptly rescued by Grievous.
    Wait, Ziro was freed in Hostage Crisis, wasn't he? What if it was retconned the others were able to escape then? Does this work in the timeline?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.