main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I am excited to see what happens here. I am glad Legacy is back and IF it goes to Marvel, Legacy is one comic I hope doesn't get the axe

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I do not think we can assume he is bad guy just from the way he looks.
    Hopefully, he is just some stiff IK who always sticks to the rules.
    I do not want him to be a bad guy.
    If he was THE bad guy of the series, should he act alone or under orders from someone else?
    Technically, Sia, Antares and Hogrum are his superiors.

3. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    True, I think a Jedi being trained by Imperial Knight would make an interesting story line.
    IK: "Well to be a Jedi is to serve the Force."
    Ania: "Isn't that what you do?"
    IK: "From a certain point of view, I serve the Force by serving the Emperor."
    Ania: "What if the Emperor serves the dark side?"
    IK: "Then it is our job as Imperial Knights to return him to the light, or kill him for the sake of the Empire"
    Ania: "You are right, serving the Force sounds alot easier."

That being said I would think the probability that IKs falling would be great than that of a Jedi falling due to their "Gray"-ness

4. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Roan Fel falling to the Dark Side illustrates that.
    Even Antares Draco seemed to have trouble resisting the Dark Side while rescueing Sia from his former master on Korriban.
    Still, I like the discipline that is shown by the IKs. I think they are more structured than Jedi.

5. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The first Legacy series was great. Hopefully, the new one can live up to expectations.
    Personnaly, I hope the storyline of the new series is a bit slower (a bit more time taking) than the first one.
    In my opinion, Cade crossed blades with Nihl, Tallon and Krayt too soon in the series.

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I hope that that is the case as well. As for the IK discipline, I totally agree. They are half Jedi/Half military-imperial guard. They have the best of both worlds.

And while I would love for the IK's to pop up in the ST, I don't see it happening, but it would blow the average movie goers brains! What the? Good Empire? Good Imperial Jedi-Storm trooper hybrids?

A few would hate it but most would just be blown away by it

7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I hope the ST sticks to the EU.
    Seeing Imperial Knights in the ST would be very nice indeed!
    The main villain of the ST should not be a member of the Imperial Remnant.
    Well, maybe some extremist faction...

Like I said on some other threads, I would love to see General Veers in the Episode 7. Julian Glover is still alive.
    Can you imagine him walking through a corrider with one IK at each side?

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I can already see the first trailer coming up, featuring an Imperial warlord wanting to destroy the New Republic.
    Everyone on Lit: "That's so 90's!"

He'll have a super weapon, by the way.

9. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Yeah, they will construct another Death Star in Episode 7. Unfortunately, it is destroyed.
    In Episode 9, they will construct yet another Death Star (the fourth one).
    Every time, they forget to seal off the exhaust pipes.

10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Well without any exhaust it would explode duh. I would think by the fourth one it would be covert mission from the inside out. Mix 4 and 6 together and you get a top secret Jedi/Alliance infiltration team to go in and blow it up from the inside out, while they stage a fake trench run on the outside which the enemy expects to come...

Or they could go Sun Crusher Direction...

11. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    And that is the moment when Nihl and Talon became running gags in Legacy. Talon is showed as a powerful Sith, killing Marasiah's master but further in the story she became less fearful and more ridiculous " oh the crazy bitch has come back again, oh well Cade will kick her ass ". But the worst is Nihl : he was supposed to be Cade's antagonist as he was Kol's murderer. But no, Nihl became a sub-boss, a meaningless minion, Krayt taking all the credit and running the show all by himself.

The problem with Legacy are the Sith survivors who haven't ended their conflict with their opponent : Nihl/Cade, Havok/Antares... Talon, Maladi and Saarai are exceptions as they are the antagonists of every living creature in the galaxy. I really want their story to end in this second Legacy but I don't want them to be at the core of the story : we can see them in one or two arcs but not more.

Esg likes this.
  12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I would definitely like a new cast, perhaps not Cade or Jariah or Syn, but maybe the same IKs and Jedi Council...

13. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    The Legacy Era Campaign Guide states that Imperial Knights are less likely to fall to the dark side than their Jedi cousins due to their strict regimental training and philosophy. If you look at the comics, Roan was really the only IK ever in danger of falling (save for Havok, whose motivations we don't know), and that can be chalked up to things other than his IK training --- being forced into a war he didn't want, having the Jedi wiped out against his strict orders, being usurped from the throne, blaming himself for the galaxy's descent into darkness, a conviction to rid the galaxy of Sith no matter what --- that takes a toll on a man.

Sure, Draco and Sigel were much more conservative in their views than their brethren, but neither of them were ever in any danger of falling. I've argued before that Draco is as useful a foil to Krieg as Krieg is to Draco --- whenever Krieg hesitated about doing his duty, Draco reminded him of who and what they were. Hesitation is for the Jedi, and action is for the IKs. Draco's and Sigel's willingness and dedication were precisely what made them such effective Imperial Knights. Sure, they were flawed, but they were never in danger of falling. Throughout Legacy, the two characters who were the most in danger of falling were Cade and Shado.

GenAntilles likes this.
  14. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Sounds like hyperbole IMO

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Speaking of Shado.... He needs to come back. Loved him

16. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    His was a storyline I would have loved to have followed to the end, and one that suffered considerably from the abrupt cancellation of the series. I don't doubt that he would have fallen.

17. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah, there were plenty of hints that Shado was walking on the edge. Vector in particular comes to mind.

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Vector wasn't a highlight of Legacy for me. Celeste Morne was a poor character and the Muir Talismen eh... MacGuffin...

That being said I saw Shado as what a Jedi should be in comparison to Cade. With the awesome double bladed blue...

19. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

Agreed. If an Imperial Knight shows he might be falling I'd wager the other Imperial Knights would solve the problem quickly. I doubt they'd have let Kyp or Jacen go as far as they did.

Also Roan didn't so much fall to the dark side as he was deliberately led down the path by his treacherous closest adviser and then shoved off.

20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah I have a feeling the redeeming qualities are alot less for the IKs they just capture and imprision or kill the dark side IK. Though I could see a callous IK as an antagonist, duty bound and following the law to a T... Then having them team up when Sith show up... Perhaps the Johan J Jameson to Ania's Spider Man?

21. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'd question if they even capture or imprison them. More likely they are confronted, given a chance to turn, then killed if they do not.

And yeah I could definitely see a Javert type Imperial Knight as an antagonist for Ania.

22. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Re: Vector. The reason I brought it up is that, out of Cade's posse, the only one who has dreams of taking the talisman and going hogwild is Shado. Deliah and Jariah don't seem to feel its effects too much, Ganner and Draco just seem to dimly feel its presence, Azlyn just seems to get bad feelings from it, and Cade laughs it off. But Shado has full-blown visions of murdering Celeste and taking the Talisman- and when he goes to warn her of this, she suggests that he leave before things get worse. And if there's anyone who is familiar with the power of the Talisman, it's Celeste Morne.

I would love to see what John and Jan's outline for Legacy pre-axing looked like.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Nice Les Mis reference... We are a cultured bunch aren't we?

Force Smuggler and GenAntilles like this.
  24. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Perhaps you are right. Still, I think characters such as Hogrum Chalk, Sia Fel, K'Krukh and Antares Draco could fit in the new series without much trouble.

25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I thought we saw an Imperial Knight fighting a Sith on the cover of the first issue.
    So, that will probably the Sith guy on the cover is the bad guy and not the IK we received a picture of.