main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CGI New Republic Show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kyris Cavisek, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    With the announcement of a Sequel Trilogy, it seems like the time frame of focus will become less about the Clone Wars and more about the War that the Sequel Trilogy is involved in.

I personally would like to see a CGI TV show that loosely followed the books/videogames between Episode VI and Episode VII. Of course things they were going to change would be editted within the show.

My outline for such a show would be as follows...
    Season 1: (7-9 ABY) Thrawn Trilogy/Rogue Squadron Arc/Kyle Katarn Arc/Dark Empire
    Season 2: (11 ABY) Jedi Academy/I Jedi/Mara Jade Arc/Kyle Katarn Arc/Lando Arc
    Cast would include: Luke, Han, Leia, Lando, Chewie, R2, C-3P0, Wedge, Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn, and Mara Jade, Talon Karde. Solo Twins as Children
    Primary Villains would include: New Episode VII from shadows, Thrawn, Isard, Daala, Jerec, Joruus

There would be a jump in time to Season 3 allowing for Jacen and Jaina to become teens.
    Season 3: (23-24 ABY) Young Jedi Knights Arcs/Luke-Mara Marriage/Jedi Arcs/X Wing Arcs/Lando Arcs
    Introduce to Cast: Lowbacca, Teen Jacen and Jaina
    Primary Villains would include: Shadow Academy/Brakiss/Nom Anor

Season 4: (25 ABY-29 ABY) Vong War dulled down for animated TV. Chewie could live if in EP7
    Introduce to Cast: Jag Fel, Saba/Tesar, Alema Rar, Ben Skywalker, Vergere

Another Time Jump Allowing for Ben to Age

Season 5: (40 ABY-41 ABY) Second Galactic Civil War with villain other than Caedus... Perhaps Lumiya... Might kill off Mara if not needed. Jacen killed off by villain. Jaina/Jag marry

If they started with shows in 2014, by 2019 the series would be wrapping up, right around the time of Episode 8, in where Season 6 could do the time between Episode 7 and 8.

A few other ideas to throw out as open to discussion:
    • Ashoka is frozen/survives until this time and participates as part of the New Jedi Order
    • Include Arcs from Crimson Empire
    If they felt they needed a new character to introduce to the audience as the "Ashoka" of the series, either Kyp, Corran, Kiranna Ti, or a new character could be the heart of the show...

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I think there would need to be an overarching enemy or like a council of enemies working to take down Luke and Leia and later the New Jedi...

I think Thrawn could assemble Joruus and Jerec, with Isard and Zsjing, Nom Anor could be introduced early as a mysterious villain who seems out for himself. Lumiya could also play as long running villain.

After many of the villains are killed, Nom Anor or Lumiya could bring in Daala, Desaan, Tavion, and Tavria. Later Brakiss, Dolph Kueller, Thrackan Sal Solo, Alema, Tsavong Lah, Shedaio Shai?

3. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyone have any opinions on how the show should be handled?

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I have no idea what the Sequel Trilogy will consist of and how badly/mildly it will recon existing EU. There were the rumors back when Peter signed on to play Chewie in ROTS that his contract also entailed appearances in three movies in addition to that. If true, that means Chewbacca might be alive and well in the ST, and depending on the time frame in which it takes place (I'd guess a time frame reasonable enough to account for all the actors' aging, that Chewbacca's death could be retconned, etc.

I think they'll leave the New Republic era off limits for TV shows until after the ST has finished, or unless perhaps they do it in the form of a miniseries to bring the audience up to speed on what has happened between ROTJ and Episode VII (like the microseries did between AOTC and ROTS).

But at this rate, we'll still have TCW running by the time that Episode VII comes out. A prospect that I'm not looking forward to. The films are moving into a new era and I feel the TV series should as well after spending 14 years in the prequel era (if the PT is included).

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Exactly, but once Ep 7 hits, all the rage will be 40 ABY or whenever the ST takes place... The time period will be suddenly the coolest thing in star wars ever...

6. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Season 1 (2014/15): Thrawn Trilogy, I, Jedi, something more
    Season 2 (2015/16): Youuzhan Vong War (Vector Prime, Star by Star, Traitor, The Unifying Force)
    Season 3 (2016/17): Youuzhan Vong War (Vector Prime, Star by Star, Traitor, The Unifying Force)
    Season 4 (2017/18): Legacy of the Force
    Season 5 (2018/19): Fate of the Jedi
    Then we have Episode VII (2015), Episode VIII (2017) and Episode IX (2019), those who don't read EU have everything in this animated CGI tv-series. After 2019 (last season and last movie) they will expand the New Era after Sequel Trilogy (with books, and animated series).

7. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I'm not sure there will even be a major war in the ST. The Clone Wars are a brutal conventional war between two evenly matched superpowers, while TPM focused on a minor conflict between a single planet and a trading company. The civil war seen in the OT is just a guerilla war and counter-insurgency campaign, though it possibly escalates quite a bit after the Rebel victory at Endor.

There might be a major war, but I wouldn't bet heavily on this. If there is a TV series set in the ST era, I doubt it would be anything like TCW.

8. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    First of it is Star Wars... there needs to be war even if it is some sort of Cold War. Second, it is a filler between OT and ST is my plan... :D

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I will give you the fact that the Yuuzhan Vong War should probably last 2 seasons, probably Star by Star as the mid season finale, might even let Jacen take the fall for Anakin, just to save the kids the terror of watching a loved character fall to the dark side again...

We could probably pull my season 3 and push it into Season 2. That being said, X Wing and Thrawn would take up an entire season. Academy and I Jedi as well as Young Jedi Knights would make another entire season.

LotF and FotJ might actually work as a full season, we would get more information, just as long as we didn't get entire D Squad episodes.

Every episode would be driving to the next one in the arc and the arc would have a reason as opposed to hey this seems like a cool short story to tell...

10. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Does there need to be war? TESB had very little war. The Battle of Hoth was a sideshow to the personal drama. Unlike the other films, the plot was not focused on or tied to a war.

Conflict is inevitable, but an all-out shooting war like the Clone Wars or even the smaller scale Galactic Civil War is not inevitable. For there to be a "Cold War", there needs to be a faction that matches the New Republic in strength. We'll see if such a faction even exists in the ST.

If there is to be a NR show, I'd expect it to be less action-focused than TCW. Unlike the gap between AOTC and ROTS, I don't expect the entire gap between the OT and ST to be filled with constant war. However, I can imagine an animated (or even live action) series that shows how the Rebel Alliance ultimately defeats the Empire in the immediate few years or months after ROTJ.

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Lucas was the one that approved Chewbacca's death in the EU, right?

12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Yes but the actor who played him signed on for 789 when he signed for 3

13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    He could play a different Wookiee?

Apophis_ likes this.
  14. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Lowie? I wish but i doubt it

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I know I've said this a million times already but I really wouldn't count on anything in the EU having a definitive impact on the sequel trilogy.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  16. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    It is fine by me.
    I would love to see a NR CGI series. The only thing that concerns me are the graphics. The graphics need to be better as the one used in TCW.
    I would love it if they used the same methods as used in the cutscenes of TFU and TOR.

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, I know. It's just that George was the one who approved Chewbacca's death so he might honour that.

18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The Imperial Ruling Council could serve as the main enemy.
    Thrawn and the other warlords could report to them. Nom Anor would manipulate the members of the council just as in Crimson Empire.
    Still, I do not think the Imperials should be the main enemy the whole series.

And please, no Kueller...

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Imperials as enemy through 1-2 Season, but then at the end of two have Pellaeon come in and sign the peace treaty (if that is where they are going). Season 3-4 Yuuzhan Vong, Season 5-6 Abeloth or Sith Return, whatever leading into ST...

20. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I do think introducing Abeloth and the Lost Tribe will get a bit too complicated for the audience.
    I would end the series after the YV war.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I would probably too, but after seeing everyone just buy into the Savage Opress/Darth Maul lives... I think Abeloth could be spelled out in some form... I would like to see the Second Galactic Civil War as a "minor skirmish" that Ben gains some basic skill. Perhaps make Lumiya the primary villian in that as opposed to Jacen, who could fill Anakin's role in Star by Star allowing for Jaina to become the focal hero in Unifying Force. I think it would just be better to jump over the Killik War, explaining Joiners... eh... It ruined all the young Jedi for a while for me. I refuse to believe they just let themselves become joiners even there struggles weren't enough. Then the whole Zekk Jaina brain meld eww...

22. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I never got how Jedi could become Joiners in the first place.
    They should have let the duel between Lumaya and Luke take place later in LOTF.
    Still, the audience will not know who Lumiya is and where she came from.
    I guess they cannot use flashbacks, so how would you explain the whole Lumiya thing if you were the director of the series?

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Have Lumiya as the Sith/Dark Jedi Leader in the shadows for the majority of the series... Have her be Palps other apprentice, and something along the lines of, the minute Vader became Anakin and saved his son, she felt the opening in the Force and found her way to ___________. She couldn't assume a sith title herself but had a vision of being the acolyte who would name the new Sith Master, kind of an evil John the Baptist.

She could have an relationship with Nom Anor, both using the other to get what they want only falling out when she sees her lovers plan... She creates the Shadow Academy in hopes of discovering the future Sith Lord there. Once she sees the Solo kids, she becomes obsessed with seducing them to the dark side. Vergere could give her the missing holocron that helps identify the prophesied the new Sith Master... Voila!

Basically make Nom Anor and Lumiya the two BIG BADs in the TV Show, Thrawn, Daala and the Imperials are just patsys. But Thrawn could be cool, by ignoring his orders since they are stupid and do something smart that still inflicts damage on the good guys. Daala can try to do the same thing except fail epically... (Attacking Yavin IV)

General Immodet likes this.
  24. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    If they do this there is no way they would use the existing EU for the stories. They would likely simply steamroll the current EU.

Vergere could be the name of Luke & Mon Mothma's first child.

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    OK what is your angle?
    I think a dulled down Vong would make an interesting enemy... A CGI Vong would look similar to a Zabrak with Tattoos ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.