main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books New Novel! Maul: Lockdown by Joe Schreiber

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I still think there was a reason for the Plagueis cancellation we haven't been told about. More than simply "George said put it on the back burner... then he changed his mind and made it the main course." I can't help but think he had something else planned (for TCW? the live action show maybe?) that he was still running through in his head and decided he didn't want Del Rey going full-throttle into Plagueis and Palpatine's backstories.

And it might not have been Plagueis who Lucas was concerned about -- it might have been Palpatine.

2. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Hi I'm new.....sup?

I have an idea. I remember George saying that when they got to the point where they were gonna kill off any of the big 3, he would want to write that book. Could we have reached the point where one of the big 3 shall not make it to Episode 7? (If they place it after SOTJ and all of the other NJO books.)

Harrisooooooooon?

3. Jedi_Glover

Jedi_Glover Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    doubtful because there is a book called Crucible coming out next year that stars the big 3.

4. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    I thought it was coming out this year?

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    From Jennifer Heddle's Twitter:

6. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Under-explored my butt. There's been scores of EU additions to the battle of Hoth; short stories, comics, little vignettes in role-playing supplements, battle rosters, multiple video game variants. Sigh, yeah i'll still get it but I was expecting something a bit more exciting.

7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Wait, wait, wait... the Battle of Hoth?

I know I said they'd be sticking with "safe" material, but...

[face_laugh]

cthugha likes this.
  8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    That's what I call trolling.

Although the battle hasn't been told that many times in novels or comics outside movie adaptations and that non-canon Marvel story with Wedge leaving behind, I think we have had enough of it in the form of everything johnthejedi24 just listed. Same goes for pretty much every major battle in the movies (Hey there Battle of Naboo)

(I'll take my words back if this is written by Luceno)

9. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
  10. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Weird as it is, I was actually only just thinking the other day about how there had never been a novel about the Battle of Hoth. No, really. I genuinely had that thought over the weekend.

This is all my fault for ever thinking it, isn't it? :p

11. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Ha, I actually checked her Twitter before writing the post and found nothing, but decided to try to write a grumpy fan post for once.

12. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    And guess what guys: it'll surpass your expectations now!

13. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    No it won't, since you made me think of Marvel #78: Hoth Stuff, which can't be beaten.

[​IMG]

Chewie's half-brother, after he achieved perfection.

14. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    That is not what I had in mind for the novel. I hope we at least get an author and release date really soon.

15. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Since there's no way we can really speculate on this due to lack of evidence, I will not guess from the brain, but from the heart, and say we'll finally be getting the long awaited seventh installment of the lauded Jedi Prince series, Shadows of Obi-Wan.

16. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    Jedi Prince needs a reprint. The whole series has 3.5-4.5 stars on Amazon, same as... any other Star Wars novel. Except Crystal Star and Jedi Trial, who have 2.5.

17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Jennifer never tweeted about it being the battle of Hoth.

18. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    If they released a Jedi Prince omnibus, I'd build it its own shrine.

Zorrixor likes this.
  19. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Only if it does turn out to be about the Battle of Hoth and is titled I, One-Arm, the first-person tragedy about the lonely Wampa who faced impossible odds and survived to tell the tale.

You'll never look at ESB and Luke Skywalker the same way again after you read the tragic story of how that poor Hoth native was so cruelly beaten up and disfigured by the evil colonialist invader from Tatooine. :(
    :eek:

What the kriff is going on with his face?! Is he some sort of Half-Wookiee, Half-Killik monster?

20. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Even if it was, I hope it is an established EU character who was there. I don't know maybe Wedge X Wing prequel on Hoth, and where the alliance goes while the Big 4 are off on Dagobah and Cloud City. I would be ok with that. But I DO NOT NEED TO SEE A REHASH OF EP 5.

21. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Well, although One-Arm is in EP 5, he'd be more like using an EU character. :)

22. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Are people still seriously talking about this being a Hoth book? I thought that was already debunked? And besides, even if Jen said that I'd be willing to bet (and I'm not a betting man) that she was joking. Ha ha ha...but in the event that she did say it and was serious, then I would "call for a vote of no confidence in [Del Rey's] leadership." ;)

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  23. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I think we have something here. Someone mentioned a Novel Tie in to 1313. I think this might actually be possible. There have been tie ins to most video games. If the game is indeed going to include never before seen Characters (if the game trailer is to be believed) the novel should come out before the game.

cthugha likes this.
  24. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I don't think it's likely to be a sequel to Knight Errant or the TOR stuff or even the Jaden Korr stuff because of the whole "we've never mentioned it before." I can...sort of see it being IC2 mainly because of the IC2 discussion that went on was around how it was unlikely to happen, so announcing it would probably come as a surprise, but I'm more inclined to bet on something new. BUT WHAT.

(And don't say Hoth. I shall only accept a Hoth-novel if it stars Ion Canon Girl.)

25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I don't really care for this hype-scheme, but colour me curious.

Which bugs me, because their cryptic clues are working :p