main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone else annoyed...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    When did Grievous rescue San Hill?

Ziro was just released, they may have escaped when Obi-Wan did though seeing as how Bossk and Boba did.

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Sidious was anxious about Gunray being captured and wanted Dooku to send Asajj to rescue or kill him, if need be. Point being that he could not allow Gunray to be interrogated. Why all of a sudden Commerce Guild leaders like Tambor and Poggle can be captured and Sidious doesn't care, I don't know.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't think there's an automatic connection between having someone captured and being able to get whatever information you want out of them. If that were the case, there wouldn't have been a debate over the United States government torturing prisoners for information (which is then more likely to be wrong anyway because people being tortured will simply tell their captors what they think they want to hear even if it's not true).

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    No, I definitely didn't mean to imply grimdark = great story. Actually, I believe it's harder to write grimdark content well, as you have to still somehow satisfy your audience while having such a dark story going on. A sad ending is much harder to write well and satisfy than a happy ending.

I'd agree that animation makes everything a little easier to take. Only a little though. :_|

Even at SW's darkest, there's always hope. So I don't believe you ever get grimdark content in SW. Even during the Dark Times, you knew that one day Luke and Leia might be able to overthrow the Empire.

I'd love to see more of the Jedi training. "The Gathering" was very mystical, very Yoda's cave-esque. And since TCW has already introduced this cool group of younglings, we might as well explore the Jedi mythos with them!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Maybe they have better litigators. Gunray never got to see his, which is Rune Haako.

That means Haako got an indirect mention in Cloak of Darkness.

He should've been with Gunray in the episodes.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I've seen and red some good sad endings before. I agree its harder to write them good grimdark, yet it seems like alot of people automatically consider it better and think everything had to be like that when it doesn't.

LOL, check out Elfen Lied sometime.

I like the hopeful messages in SW. That's something I need more of in my everyday life which may be one of the reasons why I've really started enjoying SW over the last year and a ahlf.

I think those younglings were a good place to start exploring the Jedi mythos. I can see some a few of them being good reoccurring characters. TCW definitely could use more repeat characters.

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yup, I remember that... It was awesome to think that the show actually remembered that the CIS leaders exist.
    It would be a total cop out if they escaped off screen and that is told to us by Filoni...
    I repeat, if the show did that and Poggle and Tambor are magically outside and just mentioned that are freed then that would be a total fail on the side of the show. You can not spend entire arcs to free irrelevant characters like Ziro, but not even spend some good time with one of the main baddies from ROTS.
    That is a good question... very good question. I bet it is not cause of the all-seeing Sidious that Techno Union foreman Wat Tambor and Archduke Poggle the Lesser of Geonosis Industries are not out and it has not been stressed in any way. They are not members of the Commerce Guild... just to clarify!
    Wait... when was Haako mentioned?!

8. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Just an indirect mention, Gunray demanded to see his litigator, Haako is his litigator.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Really!? I did not know that... I thought that Haako was just the settlement officer or something like that.

10. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Me too until I read in the Plagueis novel that he's chief litigator of the Trade Federation.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I wonder where he is in all of the Lott Dod not being part of the CIS business...

12. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    Isn't Lott Dod secretly with the CIS though?

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, but does that mean Haako is the lawyer for only the CIS side of the Federation?!

14. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    I'd prefer season 6 be all "relevant" episode arcs and it be the final season. Let's wrap up loose ends, see some big-time battles and see character development into something that resembles them in ROTS. Then just call it a series. 6 seasons is enough, especially with the sub-par arcs that seem to be taking over in the last few seasons.

I was hoping TCW would get better as time progressed, it hasn't. The visuals have come a long way, while the stories have gotten worse and worse IMO

15. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Eh, there've been "sub-par" episodes from the first; now is no worse. Keep it comin', I say.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Agreed, and I'd prefer the more floppy arcs to at least be ambitious which really didn't happen at all the first season.

Seerow and QuangoFett like this.
  17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Season 4 was my favourite, so I'd say the episodes have improved over time. I agree that I'd like to see Season 6 be the last though. I think if you can't complete your character arcs in six seasons, you've spent way too much time making filler and wasting your audience's time.

The only thing worse than a show ending too soon is a show the drags on, and refuses to end.

18. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Sadly, with it being implied that the writing team is three seasons ahead (assuming that's not an exaggeration), the show is going to go on... and on... and on... even after Episode VII hits theaters.

Not looking forward to it. [face_frustrated]

07jonesj likes this.
  19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I've admitted time and time again in LACWAC that I love this show, but I'll simply have to stop watching it if it keeps going on and on... I'll leave it regretfully, with a single tear running down my face, but I'll leave it.

TaradosGon likes this.
  20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Of course, you must do as you think best. :p

I was rewatching the first few episodes of one of the seasons, 3?, I think - anyway it had lots of Annoying! Ahsoka and a fair amount of Anakin. Yeech. The "Ahsoka show" was even worse to see now than I found it then. Not one cameo, even (or none I can recall) with Obi-Wan, let alone Yoda or Mace. If the show had continued on like that, I quite probably wouldn't be watching much now.

That was, however, the first half of the season, not the entire season, thankfully.

There's enough goodness to keep me coming back. Even the "bad" episodes I don't find that bad, mostly the characterizations, sometimes.

21. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    It's not that the show's bad. I do have plenty of frustrations in that they might have a great episode that I feel like they should follow up on, and yet they'll follow up with something bad or otherwise just miss their window of opportunity. And with the crew working so far ahead of where we are in viewing the show, it would make it almost impossible for them to incorporate fan feedback in a timely fashion. It's like if the fans absolutely bashed this current arc (which I know is divisive, but for the sake of argument just say it was almost universally hated), they might already have similar episodes lined up for S6 and S7 and not be able to act on fan response until a couple seasons down the line.

It's like firing off good episodes with a musket. And if the muzzle jammed with a bad episode, I have to wait forever for them to reload.

Another element of the frustration is the fact that the Star Wars galaxy is so expansive, yet we're sitting in a little 3 year period that, while nice to see developed, doesn't need to go on indefinitely and I hope that they moved the show past ROTS into something new, or just start an all new show elsewhere in the timeline. I'd love a show that takes place 1,000+ years prior to TPM, but at this point I'd happily take anything that isn't dragging out a 3 year period in which a staged war is occurring. I'd even take the continuing adventures of Ahsoka as she lives past ROTS and galavants across the galaxy with a new gang of friends trying to survive the Empire.

Lucas said he wanted 100 episodes, and that seemed about right. It just feels like the show should be winding down at this point, not just hitting its halfway mark.

07jonesj likes this.
  22. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    The clone wars video game actually developed a lot of the Jedi characters really well*

*really well in comparison to the show

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    For the record, I think anyone who says they'll stop watching the show just because it went on too long is full of crap. If they're good episodes, you're going to keep watching.

Seerow likes this.
  24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    No matter how good the show is, you can stretch out character arcs for too long. I love TCW, but I don't want it to go on for 10 seasons. I'd rather they tie up the loose threads they've created and work on something new.

25. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I will get my colon cleansed thoroughly.

Dark Lord Tarkas and 07jonesj like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.