main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ...on the next Arrested Development

Discussion in 'Community' started by tom, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    ooh! with how little time i've had for tv and movies lately i should probably start my rewatch now.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Squeeee. :D Love this show.

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Almost done Season 1 myself!

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Nice! I really need to start mine, too. Can't wait.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    All at once? No no nooooo! Bad! Release it weekly at least. Urgh.

I don't know if viewership numbers matter since there's going to be a movie anyway, but it's really better for the show if people have to wait and it can build up more suspense and more of an audience over time.

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm completely fine with it being released all at once. Arrested Development isn't really known for being suspenseful anyway.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I just hope they won't use it to make judgment calls about how popular the show is or isn't, is all. Whether or not I'll watch it all at once or spread it out is going to be something I'm going to have to negotiate with my own lousy self-discipline :p

edit: Well, then again, I've managed to avoid watching the new BSG and am waiting for the discs, so perhaps I'll pull it off after all.

9. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    How is it "better for the show" to delay the releases? This isn't a new show trying to build an audience over time. It already has a built in audience that has been foaming at the mouth for these new eps/a movie for the better part of a decade.
    Delaying the releases goes 100% against Netflix's business model of "what you want when you want". They release full seasons at a time of TV shows already. Why would a new one be any different?

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    and let's be honest, the majority of the show's fans are people who caught on late and marathoned the dvds. i know some of you will want to pipe up about how you were there from the beginning and liked it "before it was cool", but for most of us this won't exactly be a new way to watch the show.

Darth McClain likes this.
  11. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I watched it from the beginning before it was cool. :p

12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Speak for yourself, tom. I marathoned the instant episodes on Netflix. :p

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    AFAIK, Netflix doesn't do that with its exclusive series but I could be wrong.

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm gonna punch you in your stupid face. This release schedule is a bad idea.

15. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Why? It let's everyone watch at their own pace. If you want to watch just one episode a week, you can. If you want to watch them all in a marathon session, you can. I don't see what the harm is.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Because if you don't watch them all at once the only way to avoid being spoiled is locking yourself in a room without phone, internet, or other people visiting for a few weeks until you're done.

17. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    why would you be terribly concerned about spoilers in a silly comedy like arrested development? this culture of concern about "spoilers" is really getting out of hand imo. soon people wont watch the weather forecast for fear of SPOILING their weather experience

Point Given and Rebel_Padawan like this.
  18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm fine with it as long as each episode is not 5 minutes long.
    Then I would murder everything.

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's completely the opposite. Our culture of craving spoilers is insane and totally ruins intended comedic surprises in a show like AD. When I watched the show previously week to week, I had no idea what kind of brilliantly clever moments or hilarious plot reveals I would see.

20. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    lol no ive had a woman, an expert in children's literature no less, admonish me not to "spoil" the movie version of the hobbit for her

in the words of the daily mail, its pc spoiler-averseness GONE MAD

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    How is it a "culture of craving spoilers" to discuss something they've seen (when they devour it on Netflix)?

Anyway, I don't care about being spoiled for pretty much anything, but I certainly hope what's been revealed is meant to be boring. I mean, practically every guest star from the first three seasons is said to be returning. Seems at bit unnecessary.

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You could always avoid the thread until you've seen the episodes, if you simply must watch one episode per week.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    And facebook? All websites about media? Speaking to my friends? A lot of comedy relies on surprise.

24. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    what friends?

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Seriously... is being "spoiled" for a silly comedy really that much of a tragedy? I think you're being really goofy about this.