main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    By the way, do you think IK were ordered to fight Jedi during the Imperial-Sith War?
    Some sources state Jedi were captured and transformed into IKs. Do you think this is even possible?

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't think they force IK on Jedi, if anything I think it would be exposure to the Imperial system attracted the young ambitious and quick to action Jedi. I highly doubt the IKs captured and tortured Jedi into taking an oath to the Empire...

3. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I was kind of hoping that the crazy Jedi from FotJ would be exiled from the NR/GA space and Fel would offer them refuge. Jaina would establish her Jedi Outpost in Imperial Space and once Jag took the throne, the Jedi he had given safe harbor to would swear their lives to him. Valin Horn would become Jaina's right hand Knight. Hence Corran Horn having Silver Lightsaber, Valin might have had a Silver (even though I don't think he did), and then established the precedent of IKs wielding Silver Sabers. But I would then want Jysella to return to the Jedi so the Horn family would continue to have a Jedi child.

It almost happened with Tahiri there as a "Hand" but then nope...

I could see an awesome novel with HoS Fel, Jaina, Ashik, Vitor Reige, and Valin Horn, the first IK.

4. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Roan Fel explicitly forbade the IK from fighting the jedi, Which is why Krayt wanted to kill him.

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    True...

6. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Really Tahiri as any sort of Imperial Agent wouldn't work for me. I could struggle through it but she did murder the current HoS's father so I could imagine him not wanting to have her around.

A really good way to introduce the IK's would be to have it be an all new character. Then we don't have to worry about forcing an existing character into that role.

7. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Fel was using her as a Hand, but both he and Tahiri agreed it wasn't really working for anyone.

8. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Aw man! You just spoiled Apocalypse for me! heh heh heh...just kidding. I've been spoiled for that book for a long time now. I'm just at that part right now where it mentions her being a Hand...about the half way mark in the book. What can I say...I'm a slow reader and easily distracted with newer books. Too many books I want to read out at the same time.

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Well sorry, my bad... Still Tahiri would have been the worst first IK. Valin could work, if not him, then I agree...
    Someone new as the first IK.

10. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    My guess Jaina is the first Imperial Knight when she decides she's tired of saving Jag from Moff plot after Moff plot by herself and starts training Imperials with force potential so she can do something other than be Jag's bodyguard all the time.

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I can agree with that I'd like half of their training to come from Kir Kanos, so they have Imperial Guard side of things as well...

12. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Yeah...if Jaina is indeed the one that will start the IK's, she better have a damn good reason for leaving the Skywalker order aside from following her hubby.

13. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I wouldn't think that Deliah and Jariah would feel anything, since they aren't force sensitive. Muur woudln't have given a crap about them when they're in a room full of powerful force users. I also think that Shado probably does have more negative feelings that the Talisman could take advantage of. Shado watched his jedi bretheren killed in action, lost his best friend only to find him as drug addled douchebag, and has spent years dodging sith attacks. The IKs, at least, had a brotherhood and a structured order to rely on.

14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    The Essential Guide to Warfare states "The Alliance surrendered days later, as did some members of the Jedi Order, who joined Fel's Imperial Knights."
    The same thing was mentioned in The Essential Guide to the Force.
    So, some Jedi did joint the IKs. I just do not get why or how the Jedi would join the IKs.

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Perhaps it was a forced thing, just part of the treaty...?

16. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Or perhaps, the writers got confused...

17. LarryG

Sep 4, 2012
    Roan Fel had said the Jedi could withdraw to Ossus, so there was no imperial forcing the jedi to be IK. Of course, the Moffs and Sith went ahead and destroyed the Jedi there against Fel explicit order. Once it was apparent that the Empire was divided between Fel loyalists who despied the sith and the Moff/sith empire, some jedi may have gone to Fel's IK to continue the fight against the Sith.

18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Good point...
    Still, if that would have happened, wouldn't Roan Fel's Empire had the chance to make a deal with the Jedi before Legacy issue 25?

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Let's chalk it up to writing error.

General Immodet likes this.
  20. LarryG

Sep 4, 2012
    I forget exactly which issue Draco, Craig and Sia found the Hidden Temple and offered a deal and explained how Emperor Fel had been betrayed by the Moffs/Sith. Also, it took a while for Fel to consolidate loyalist forces on Bastion. So they (Fel & hidden jedi) had to find each other before making a deal.

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Honestly, the Imperial Knights are probably going to be created by Luke Skywaker, as a new "branch" of the Jedi Order that's based on Bastion, with Jaina as their main teacher, and many of those Bastion-baed Jedi ending up serving Jag and Jaina as bodyguards and helping them deal with threats to the Empire (whether it be domestic threats at home like power-hungry Moffs, or external threats from the Unknown Regions). They might not officially break from the Jedi Order until long after Jaina and Jag pass away.

22. The Man Who Sold the Moon

The Man Who Sold the Moon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2012
    i would still prefer Kanos to be their founder.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Could be Jaina and Jag's kids trained by both Jaina and Kanos... There we are all happy

24. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I think any Jedi 'chapter' established in Imperial space would end up facing some problem with the Moffs and other high ups. Not saying it WILL be the case but my thoughts on that is that the Remnant wants their own Jedi. Not a chapter essentially trying to keep them in check and reporting to Lukes. So, I would imagine even if they decide to make their own order in Imperial space, they would face some resistance and demands for some change in the layout of the group. Plus, there is the issue of their recruits... I would imagine some citizens would be so indoctrinated in Imperial thinking that they would be more naturally inclined to follow an Emperor over the Jedi.

One thing though I would like to see is that Force-sensitive Imperial woman from the NJO books. The one that Leia meets and wonders whether Pellaeon knew she was Force-sensitive or not. Not sure I could see her as a full blown Imperial Knight but would be nice to see her considered and recruited for some role.

EDIT: I can't see Kanos starting it but I could imagine him perhaps shaping some elements of the Knights namely the idea that they serve the Emperor and perhaps handles some of the training regime. After all, he could see the Knights as a legacy of the Royal Guard... though I would imagine Jaina would get him to cut the part where they execute failed trainees :p

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I feel like the Kanos/Jaina conversations would be hilarious when training Jedi/IK's.