main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    10 years?

I'm expecting Anakin and Ahsoka to visit the Mouse Planet much quicker than that. :p

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    [​IMG]

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, Emissaries from Malastare is a gold mine for random awesomeness.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Nice shout-out to SOTME... :)

5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Casual speciesism!

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Now Filoni will know where to look...

RIP

fistofan1 and Esg like this.
  7. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    I mean, seriously, Mace. Someone brings up a species' natural regenerative abilities and you immediately use it as a springboard to cast aspersions upon an entire race consisting of at the very least billions of unique individuals with their own unique personalities, intelligence quotients, and moral standards?

Star Wars authors are really bad about endorsing allegorical bigotry sometimes.

I really do understand your frustrations, man, but at some point you're just going to have to make peace with the fact that you're on the losing side of history. TCW is the definitive account of the Clone Wars now. The earlier stories still exist to whatever extent is still possible (and that's a larger extent than I think you're willing to concede), but the old Clone Wars multimedia project just plain does not stand alone anymore, and never will ever again. You'd have better luck trying to live in a world where the OT was still the beginning and end of the Star Wars story.

8. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I honestly don't think TCW and the CW multimedia project are as blatantly contradictory as some say it is. There are conflicting accounts, of course, concerning character deaths, but it's honestly not even close to be incompatible, particularly if you choose to ignore the dates on both works and say that the CW stuff is earlier in the war, with TCW comprising the second half (since there is utterly no reason in story why it needs to take place so early in the war).

9. jSarek's Unfortunate Proto-Sock

jSarek's Unfortunate Proto-Sock Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2001
    Tiss'shar and "The Written Word" on the same page? I'm not sure how I wasn't psychically pinged in my sleep over that one.

Thanks. :) Yes, I will confirm that Jello and I had discussions of High Galactic that played a role in formally tying it to Latin, though I was one of the people who saw the same similarities he did, so I don't think he had to do any convincing; it was mostly just two language geeks typing and nodding in unison. ;-) As he notes, it was a matter of taking something that was implicit from Marvel onward and making it explicit, and once the ties between High Galactic and Latin were clear, it became obvious to which language I would be tying the Latin alphabet.

I do hope Suvudu or some other outlet makes the article available again soon. Despite a few flaws that make me cringe a bit in retrospect, I'm proud of a lot of things I did with it.

10. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Well, huh. I completely forgot I had figured out the lost password to that screen name and updated it to something more current.

11. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    What am I supposed to do, let the idiocy at LFL have its way? I have no interest in TCW, so the CW multimedia project is the Clone Wars to me thanks to the Dark Lord Trilogy.

12. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    It introduced the Order of the Ffib as well...

13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Notice how they dance around what Mace Windu's homeworld is called. A LFL prohibition that was later lifted for Shatterpoint?

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Zeta1127 I found out how TCW writers create episodes:

How to write a TCW episode

1.(Hard step) Think creatively, if not, then take a plot from a story, movie, ect

2. Put in OT dialogue

3. Needs Ahsoka

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Don't encourage him.

16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Filoni or Zeta?

JackG, Robimus, Esg and 2 others like this.
  17. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    The episodes that don't "feature" Ahsoka must present a particular challenge :p

Perhaps... they're one in the same?! It's the perfect cover. Well done.

18. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Brilliant! Are you sure your not Filoni in disguise?

Zeta1127, Esg and GGrievous like this.
  19. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    You forgot 4: Click "Random Article" on Wookieepedia and include a death scene of whatever page comes up.

20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    4. Find a supporting character from the films. Kill them.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    5. Draw an OT character's name from a hat.

6. Write a scene in which Ahsoka meets him or her.

7. On a Friday evening, get completely blitzed and brainstorm at least 50 ways that Obi-Wan can get his ass kicked.

8. Write them into future scripts. Include Ahsoka saving him.

22. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    "Hmm.... this 'Luke Skywalker' fellow sounds interesting... let's off him this episode."

instantdeath, Zeta1127 and Zorrixor like this.
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I was not a fan of this episode this week. Heck, they could have wrapped it up last week.

At least we got 'splosions in Carida. If you watch it telling yourself it was Kyp Durron behind the trigger, it's a bit more entertaining.

And somewhere, KJA might be crying.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I thought it was interesting that they pronounced it cuh-REE-da, rather than CARE-i-da ('i' as in hit), as I've always done.

25. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    So I'm not the only one who was thinking along those lines. :p

I've always thought it was carr-AYE-da myself.