main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.13 - Point of No Return - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Savage vs. QT. =x

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Of course she'll survive; she's named for Katie Lucas.

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

They said that she is named after a dead girl... a droid inspired by a droid that is inspired by another droid that has been a tribute to a brave little girl.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...14943099.76071.328988200473814&type=1&theater

And I think that will also be a reason QT will survive... ;)

4. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Wouldn't 5 actually be a true neutral score? Kinda like if you used it to grade food...

5' would be a bland paste, having no good or bad qualities. Unremarkable.
    10' would be an exceptional dish, having perfect flavors and preparation. An exquisite culinary piece.
    1' would be "Blah, this tastes like turd." Eating this will put you in the hospital.

I would say quite a few episodes would be kinda boring, only good for a single viewing. There are only a few episodes that I might watch again, but these are few and far apart right now. There aren't many that I truly dislike, even these recent episodes aren't that bad. The only ones that I can really say I don't like would be the one where they have to get the fruit for the cake and the poisoned tea on Mandalore, as they were just utterly lame.

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    People have started to use the "Metacritic rating system", which is 0-7.5 is below-par, 7.5-9 is good-great, and 9-10 is fantastic.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not a hell of a lot of point in having a 1-5 if 7 is considered a "low score."

Using school grades as an analogy: good students and TCW writers strive for an A or a B, but a C is still passable. An F is the worst but unless it's the end of the semester, it's still possible to recover even from an F.

I'd call a 5-6 a C, and 3 or below an F.

The Shadow Emperor, Robimus and Coric like this.
  7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Y'know, you might just be in luck there if Gascon ends up sticking it out through the Empire era....

fistofan1 and Seerow like this.
  8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If you look REALLY closely, he's sitting on Yularen's shoulder in the Death Star briefing in which Motti gets choked.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not changing the way I grade.

9-10 excellent
    8 good
    6-7 neutral
    -5 can't recommend

That's the harshness with which I'm graded everyday. That's how I grade. Maybe we should just switch to letter grades. A,B,C,D,F and the 10 point scale the youngins' enjoy these days.

Gascon will be the last man standing.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    So Metacritic scale it is then. Good to know, now I can ignore it just like Metacritic.

Chewbacca89 and 07jonesj like this.
  11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    IMDB grades on a 10 pt scale as well. I tend to think of it in percentages. 7/10 would be a 70% which is about average/mediocre. 50% and lower is a failed episode.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's just how students with ABC grading have been conditioned. 50%-60% is seen as a horrible-as-**** score, and anything below is just failing at life. Even stuff in the 70%-80% range is seen as sub par.

07jonesj likes this.
  13. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'm reminded of the story about President Eisenhower, who was shocked and angered when he heard that half the students in America's public schools were below average...

14. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    That's why there's an average. Half above, half below.

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    R2-KT has been in the series as well, of course thats counting the film as part of the series.

The glass is half full, only its not. It is 7/10 full :p

16. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    I tend to go by the IGN system.

10 Masterpiece - The episode may not completely be flawless, but it's so exceptional it's hard to imagine it being any better. Not just the best the show offers, but better than you could have expected. ie Rookies
    9 Amazing - It may have a few flaws, but it's still an episode you can recommend to a friend that's skeptical about the show.
    8 Great - An episode that has more flaws than a 9, but is still worth watching more than once.
    7 Good - Where the issues begin to pile up. The dialogue and plotting may be worse than usual, or maybe Jar Jar shows up. Nonetheless, it's a fun watch.
    6 Okay - Right on the passing line. Worth an initial watch, and then a skip whenever you pull out your TCW dvds.
    5 Mediocre - There may be a few redeeming factors about this episode, but the number of issues far outweigh them. If the plot summary sounds interesting give it a watch, but don't expect anything stunning.
    4 Bad - Something clearly went wrong during the development of this episode. Often accompanied by an "at least the animation was pretty"
    3 Awful - An episode so bad it sends GGrievous into a catatonic state, from which he can only be awoken through copious stimulation of the micro-series and read-alouds of Obssesion.
    2 Painful - It physically hurts to watch this episode. Internal and external story contradictions, wildly terrible and inconsistent characterisation, and even the action (if there is any) is boring. Nothing in this episode works.
    1 Unbearable - "Hey Dave, George just sent over some notes. He wants the next story to feature General Grievous being defeated by a paraplegic gungan voiced by BJ Hughes. Ahsoka's finally going to be promoted to a master, Anakin and Dooku are going to fight (again!), and Obi-Wan's going to stop another poison tea plot on Mandalore. It'll be four parts, and the first episode will nothing but Savage Oppress
    wondering where his brother brother brother is. We're also changing the color of the title card to vomit color, so people know it truly reflects George's vision!"

I think it would be worthwhile to create a sticky for a universal scoring list. Just a thought.

17. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Just to be fair this same discussion has come up in Lit over the years in the new novel review threads. I've never understood it but some folks there say 5/10 is a terrible score there as well.

18. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I think I may actually adopt this rating system (mostly just the descriptions of the grade) Although I would move the "maybe Jar Jar shows up" description down to 1 or two. By my current grading system, if Jar Jar's in the episode it receives my lowest grade. Not because JAr Jar is in it, but simply because of what his appearances always do to the plots themselves....

::shudder::

19. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    I hope Gascon and WAC get awful , anti-climactic, terribly dumb and middle finger to the audience deaths / see: yep, Bane and Talia from TDKR

I miss the Jedi , but they're a sub plot at best here in S5!

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  20. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011

[face_laugh]
    And yes, put that somewhere official.

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    When I see scores out of a 10 point system, I always just tend to regard them in the same vein as how my work was graded in school.

10/10 - 100% is flawless
    9/10 - 90% is good
    8/10 - 80% is decent/above average
    7/10 70% is pretty much the baseline/OK/average
    6/10 - 60% is bad
    5 or less/10 - 0-50% is failing.

When it comes to 5 or less I really don't care what score something is given. Failing is failing. Doesn't matter if something failed or super-mega-ultra failed. If I were looking up movie or video game reviews and saw a score of 1/10, I'm not buying/seeing it, same difference at 5/10. The 6-10 range is the only valuable range, and even then 6 is nothing to be proud of.

22. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012
    Last episode : spoiler tags

This episode : rating scale

Next episode : hopefully something Ahsoka related

#WHATHAVEWEBECOME

23. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
  24. Order66Survivor

Nov 10, 2012

2 months yesterday but who's counting

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    According to some people there's been a lot of flawless episodes.
    :rolleyes:

07jonesj likes this.