main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    For those of you who didn't know, ABC is owned by Disney.

Anyone who's seen Once Upon A Time would have to be at least cautiously optimistic about ABC's ability to do this right.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh **** yeah. I want to see this.

I haven't seen Game of Thrones yet, the first DVD from the first season is currently sitting in a Netflix envelope waiting for the weekend when I can open it. So I'm not familiar with the comparison above but this looks exciting.

3. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Star Wars animated series on Disney XD?

4. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Remember, Young Indy got great ratings - it was the astronomical price tag of producing the show that ultimately made ABC drop it. And that was 20 years ago, when being a "Big Three" network still meant something.

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    WATCH IT, ANAKINFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, do I need to watch Game of Thrones to get what that's about?

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The show is too far away time wise for me to get excited at this point, and there's no confirmation of it proceeding. It's hard for me to get excited over something that could be 5 years off.

vong333 likes this.
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The series of Game of Thrones is so good that I immediately ordered all 5 novels.

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    A friend was discussing GoT in May last year, so I decided to borrow their season 1 DVD. I watched it all in 2 days and promptly watched season 2 in the same fashion. After that I read A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons in two months. All this occurred within my final year of high school, amongst studying. To say it's good doesn't even begin to describe the journey...

07jonesj likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    A chapter of the next novel has been released if you're interested (and weren't already aware!): http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

Now to stop being off-topic. :p

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    The article does not seem definitive to me.

12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, ABC aren't even in talks yet. The fact that they've announced their plans publicly before even doing anything makes me think they're gauging audience interest. Fortunately, the article seems to be spreading all over the net.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    They only have plans to have talks.

14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yes, but why mention it publicly? Generally, companies keep these sort of things secret for as long as possible, or until they want to begin advertising it.

15. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 1999
  16. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    My concern exactly.

17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its only a matter of time IMO since ABC is owned by Disney. Its either gonna be them of freaking ABC Family.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Was budgeted at $5 mil per episode. Yoinks! How much were New BSG shows? The specials effects were great. A bounty hunter as the main character? GL did say Fett would have a prominant role but for some reason I don't see him being used the the lead.

19. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm just gonna chime in with my two credits:

The LAS is a no-brainer. ABC was right to check it out. Maybe Disney + Network is wrong for the dark gritty show McCallum was describing - but let's face it, he has been known to exaggerate, he's a good salesman. And a lot of network tv is pretty adult now. I think this bodes well for the LAS and that we will see it fall between EVII & EVIII. The scripts are there, the motivation is there, the backing is there...seriously, what's stopping it from happening? The only thing I can think of is not wanting to satisfy the hunger for new, live action SW before EVII. Nothing else. Once that ball starts rolling, it's gonna be 24/7, imo. Bring it on!

20. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I definitely want the LAS series to be set between Episodes III and IV rather than in the timeline of the new ST. There's so much potential there. From a fanboy and commercial point of view, it presents all sorts of opportunities to have cameos by major characters, be it HoloNet news coverage of Vader or Palpatine or a "Galaxy's Most Wanted" show with images of still unaccounted for Jedi OR actual appearances, in person, by Vader, Palpatine and others.

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    There is no way any Star Wars series will be anything like Game of Thrones. I doubt it would have writing as brilliant as GoT, not to mention the grit, adult language and sexual content. Main characters in GoT range from quite generic characters, to gay and lesbian characters, to a male character who is well known for having lost his sexual organs to a knife :p

I doubt Star Wars would go anywhere near such content. I think comparisons to Battle Star Galactica, perhaps with a better effects budget, might be more accurate.

22. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Ready... Sunday Night Line Up For Fall 2013

8 PM EST: Once Upon a Time
    9 PM EST: SHIELD
    10 PM EST: Star Wars: Underworld

Though if Jaina is going to be THE heroine of EP 7, I could see ABC Family rolling out a Young Jedi Knights series about her getting Holo Texts from the mysterious -X. She keeps getting in trouble with Han and Leia and sneaking out to solve crime but it completely inept. And deals with problems like gay friends coming out of the closet, drugs (Death Sticks), racism/specie-ism. They could call it Pretty Little Jedi...

Edit: And they could have blatant commercials during the show... You know... "Oh look the One Direction in 3-D tickets..." "We should totally go Jaina" "But we have Jedi class." Ugh

23. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The best part is that with the Disney-Netflix deal, it'll be on Netflix without the usual nonsense the studios pull with them. And...no ads, and in HD. :)

24. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    If the live-action series airs on ABC, Ross Perot better not f-ing pre-empt it!

25. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    It'll be Sunday night... I can almost guarentee it. With flops of Last Resort 666 Park Avenue and a few others. ABC wants shows that come with a BUILT IN FANBASE for ratings

DarthBoba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.