main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Tryla's death seems much more to be there in order for Ahsoka to prove her point to Lux about Death Watch being evil. If we are going to say that she changed after 'A Friend in Need,' I'm going to say it had more to do with what happened between her and Lux during that episode than Tryla's death. I mean, I think she hasn't really ever been in a situation that she could develop strong feelings for a guy before. When she is suddenly put there (and kissed for the first time perhaps?) only to have him leave her at the end - I think that probably plays with a 14 yr. old girl's mind...even if she is a jedi.

EDIT: Plus, with the "death" of Obi-wan, she really is forced to mature in the Hardeen arc for Anakin's sake, if we're all assuming the whole "child with an addict parent" theory.

Seerow, rumblewagon and 07jonesj like this.
  2. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I agree that I see Lux having much more of an effect than Tryla (whose name I didn't even remember :p).

We have to remember that "A Friend in Need" takes place in 21 BBY - Ahsoka's been in war for about a year now. Surely seeing people dieing all around you for a whole year would mature you. Hell, think back to the Geonosis arc. Ahsoka was being affected by the war back then, and she shared those worries with Barriss.

rumblewagon likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I can agree that Lux may have had more of an effect toward the end of the episode. When Ahsoka and Lux first reunite in that episode they are really more like acquaintances. Ahsoka naturally jumps to try and protect this stupid guy (I say that lovingly. I like Lux alot) who gets caught up in Deathwatch and save him from it. I think your right about Tryla's death and the general setting things on fire by Vizsla in command of Deathwatch being meant to prove the point that they were the wrong crowd to be hanging out with. There was something just so awfully creepy about when Vizsla had his arm around Lux's shoulders while watching the village burn. It was by the end of the episode Lux and Ahsoka has the tiniest bit of feelings for each other. Lux was important to Ahsoka learning to let go which happened surprisingly easily in Onderon. However she was already fairly mature going in. I don't think he's responsible for that.

07jonesj and QuangoFett like this.
  4. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    Going off of what Watto said in the Official TCWSA thread and the official news given on season 5 so far (no spoilers), does anyone see Ahsoka and Ventress teaming up this season? We see Ventress fighting Ahsoka and then (presumably later) having her lightsaber on her belt. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

I personally see a possibility of her questioning to remain a part of the Jedi Order at one point...

Seerow likes this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    My theory is Ventress is bounty hunting Ahsoka. They might end up teaming up however and it remains to be scene if Ventress might be working for someone in that case.

6. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    I thought of that as well and have been wondering who could've hired her. Sidious perhaps??? her death would definitely propel Anakin down a dark path. But would Sidious use a mediator or what? Surely Ventress knows Sidioius and would never trust him (IMO) - even for a bounty job.

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Where was that shown?

8. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would have said the same thing of Pre Vizsla apparently teaming up with another Sith; or Anakin teaming up with Sidious who was the master of the guy (Dooku) that tried to kill Anakin and Padme on multiple occasions; or of Dooku trusting Sidious who was the master of Darth Maul, who had killed Dooku's apprentice (Qui-Gon).

While it would be kind of awkward from a narrative perspective to establish Asajj as standing alone in a grey area for a couple episodes only to go back to wanting to become a Sith, Sidious using Asajj as a pawn against Dooku and capitalizing on her desires to be a Sith and get revenge on her former master would seem somewhat plausible.

She wanted to be a Sith under Dooku and that didn't work out. She wanted to be a Nightsister and that didn't work out. She tried being a bounty hunter and found out that wasn't for her. Asajj has no knowledge that Sidious ordered her execution. Sidious could use the incident to rob Dooku of a resource but then turn around and use her for himself.

9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I was thinking that was a strong possibility based on what we know. We know she has a confrontation with Asajj, but we don't know how that plays out, and they could theoretically end up both opposed to the Jedi Order and as uneasy allies. Also I just realized, in that clip from the S5 trailer, where that woman in the purple cap is saying "there are some citizens of the republic who believe the Jedi order is not what it used to be"... she is talking to Ahsoka!
    [​IMG]

There would have to be something serious that goes down that makes Ahsoka question the order in that capacity and decide to leave. There is evidence there that it happens that way... or she is framed sooo bad that they are after her and she runs away.

Seerow and rumblewagon like this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe Ventress is going to be used to fake Ahsoka's death because of what she is going to be framed for. I'm not ruling out something happening where she gets labeled a trader.

I think Vizsla is just think he is badass enough to try and control these rogue Jedi he has found. Maul will manipulate him with that. We'll see. I can see Asajj getting manipulated by Sidious no problem. Its gonna the interesting to see who hires her.

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    We know Ahsoka literally dives into 1313 (or at least some underground level of Coruscant). Doesn't the same trailer include Anakin jumping down there too (without Ahsoka)?

12. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    [​IMG]

If you go frame by frame, there are other better and clearer views of it but I haven't been able to do a screen cap in the Quicktime version (stupid HDCP).

rumblewagon likes this.
  13. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't know that anyone is going to hire her per se. If it's like Revenge, she'll just be sitting in a cantina and a bounty for Ahsoka will pop up and she'll think "holy crap, that's Skywalker's brat" and go after her. Now as to what Ahsoka did to warrant episodes with such silly titles as To Catch a Jedi and The Jedi that Knew Too Much, I have no idea. I'm guessing Asajj is still playing the semi-redeemed angle, since she seems to only be destroying the clones' blasters, but not killing them as she would not have hesitated to do when serving under Dooku.

14. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    So does anyone think this will be Ahsoka's final story? Or are we not at that point yet?

I do find it interesting that we've had two very Ahsoka-heavy arcs this season (Onderon and Younglings).

15. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    No, I don't think she'll be killed. But as to whether she might undergo a radical change like Asajj did and perhaps leave the Jedi Order and Anakin, who knows?

People have said that she's supposed to undergo some major revelation or something like that. I don't know how "major" it's going to be. The trailer also seemed to show Anakin going into 1313, presumably is pursuit of Ahsoka. If he crosses paths with Asajj, that would be the first time doing so since her semi-redemption and it would be interesting to see how he would react to her vs. Obi-Wan.

E.G. if Asajj helps out Ahsoka and Anakin gets the wrong idea that Ahsoka is helping the enemy or if he's still out to kill Asajj regardless of her leaving the Sith and previously helping Obi-Wan out.

16. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think Asajj will be killed in this arc; where else can her story go? I think she'll team up will Ahsoka because they both become aware of a plot against the Jedi(?) and Ventress is redeemed in the process, but dies to save the Temple.

Togruta likes this.
  17. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    Are those really the names of those episodes???? I thought we only had epidose titles for the Shadow conspiracy arc and the Clovis arc?

I really hope you're joking.

Seerow likes this.
  18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I get that feeling too, but I hope not. She's really been one of the most interesting characters of this show for me, primarily because she's been given proper character development.

19. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm re-posting titles that someone else posted from http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlist...+Clone+Wars&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on
    They do sound awful.

20. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013

Zap2it usually is correct about the titles....this worries me. I think the premises of these episodes could be good but their titles are just....really???

21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I thought those are title homages to Alfred Hitchcock movies. (maybe this needs to be placed on a repeating cycle).
    Nice screen capture. I wonder if Asajj uses one of Ahsoka's lightsabers to frame Ahsoka with.

22. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    I think its cool that they're making homage's to those films of course I just think they sound so corny when you stick the word "Jedi" in there. My opinion may change as we get closer to their airdates...

I like the idea but I'm not sure how one would do that?

leave it at the scene of the crime?
    Couldn't Ahsoka been there to fend off the attacker?

Or do they have the forensic ability to figure out who's crystal it was that made a cut?
    It doesn't exactly seem as straight forward as framing someone on earth with a gun.

Seerow likes this.
  23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

All Asajj needs to do is put the mask on, kill (or disarm) some clones, then purposely drop Ahsoka's lightsaber. I'm sure the clones are stupid enough to fall for that. :p

24. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't see the point of the mask. Doesn't the blatantly feminine body and double wielding of red sabers kind of give it away?

Seerow likes this.
  25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I actually think those Hitchcock homage episode titles are kind of cool.