main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CGI New Republic Show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kyris Cavisek, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I've seen that before, and yes something along that lines...

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    After TCW has finished I'd like to see a new animated series set after ROTJ building up to the plot of the ST, either this or an animated series set between ROTS and ANH.

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The way I understand it:

Lucas had a list of characters that could NOT be killed off, and Chewbacca wasn't on the list, so he was killed off during the Yuuzhan Vong war. Part of me wonders if Lucas was just making a list of characters off the top of his head that he didn't want to see killed off and if Chewie just slipped his mind that day. :p

When it comes to the ST, I wouldn't want the films to follow any existing EU. They can borrow things like characters, etc. But I wouldn't want to see an EU story adapted into 7-9. I fully expect there to be retcons, and I'm OK with that.

Now after 7-9, there would be the question of a 10-12 and so on. If they decided to keep going, then I would think that any ST series would take place in the 30 or so year gap between ROTJ and Ep. 7

So whatever happens in the comparable timeframe of the post-ROTJ EU could be folded into that gap as well/partially adapted to TV, etc.

I don't really know much about the EU in general, especially not post-ROTJ stuff, so I don't know what that encompasses.

I'm all for Palpatine's resurrection being retconned away though.

07jonesj likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    They wanted to kill off Luke but Lucas wouldn't allow it.

6. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    They pretty much found a loophole in setting Legacy far enough in the future that he would safely be assumed deceased and could appear as a Force Ghost without actually having to show the death itself.

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I expect the novels to cover it eventually. We're at 45 ABY now, it's got to be coming soon.

8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I meant for the NJO and Vector Prime

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly the only two elephants in the EU room are Ben and Jaina. Include them, no matter the age and the EU will move on as it was... Even if you change up the Jedi Council they will call the EU council the "Insert Planet Here Council" and there you go...

So if you don't mind Jaina or Ben, the EU will live

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This show will never happen.... not cause of the story and setting detailed at the start of this thread, but because there are too many people who want to preserve the EU stories and Post-Endor canon at all costs. Nothing should be changed. Such people rage the most when something new comes out that does not fit their nostalgic and blindsided view of the OT and the stories after the OT.

[face_devil] I will get a lot of backlash from OT fans and Post-Endor EU fans here, but there is a lot of stuff after Episode VI that really makes anything that comes out in "The Clone Wars" look like masterpieces.
    I would be glad if a series comes along and not follows the books, but completely replaced and sends to oblivion many of the stories in the Post-Endor EU like with the things with Corellia and those darn kids that repeat their parents' history, the AWFUL Vong War - people hate on TCW, the Vong war is not SW and the dozens rebirths of Palpy. [face_dancing]

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm actually not a fan of it either but that discussion Palpatine has with Anakin in ROTS does actually add to the theory.

Both have good and bad material but I am pleased to finally see someone besides me proclaiming Bombad Jedi to be a Masterpiece.

I'm pretty sure Tikkes is not in TCW because Lucas decided to erase him from canon.[face_dancing]

12. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    OK. From the Top... It would make sense to roll out a tv show on or around this time period... I will not expand upon this any further...
    Second, Kids repeating parents history... I found the Solo Kids arc (LotF excluded) to be wonderful. The Vong War was New. And Yes, they aren't Star Wars-y. They are EXTRA Galactic as in from another galaxy. I think that explains enough. It was a great series, it was dark and not Skywalker-Solo Centric, even allowing for second generation to step up.

What is your stance on these things:
    OT
    PT
    TCW

and what would you like to see in the ST?

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Vong not Star Warsy? They are in Star Wars. If it was the Romulans showing up then yes you have a point

14. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Hey I personally like the Vong, but alot of people don't claiming that reason. I just tell them that they are from a different galaxy and invaded. Not it isn't a cross over of Star Trek just from a violent different galaxy that isn't as civilized. They have their own bio-ships and bio weapons and culture... Needless to say I thought they were a wonderful villain in place of the Sith. But I can't speak for everyone.

But I don't think people realize that the EU won't be mentioned at least by events. If anything makes it, it will be the Skywalker Solo kids and a few other fan favorite characters. Maybe Corran and Kyle.That being said, if we get Ben and Jaina, no matter the age or place in timeline... Needless to say, for those who want the EU destroyed it won't be because the fans won't allow it. We will retcon ourselves into a convoluted state before letting go...

15. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    The Vong were the type of direction that I feel Star Wars needed to take after ROTJ.

Instead there is a Sith Empire for every era. Sith arise and are defeated; Exar Kun founds a Sith Empire and is defeated; Revan founds a Sith Empire and is defeated; Vitiate returns with the original Sith Empire - and unless there is some major twist that TOR is going to throw, he is going to be defeated; Ruin founds a Sith Empire and is defeated; Bane starts a new line... that hides for 1,000 years before being... wait for it... defeated; fast forward to the Legacy era and Luke's descendant and there is yet another Sith Empire that will more than likely be defeated. However many thousands of years of history and for every season a Sith Empire to be defeated.

Extragalactic invaders sounds like something original.

Part of me hopes that the ST leaves the destruction of the Sith with Palpatine and moves on to something else. But another part of me realizes that there will probably be a new Sith Empire that is defeated.

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    OT - classic, but people tend to overlook many flaws with it and deem it perfect.
    PT - more realistic view of a War in the GFFA and awesome enemies that are more for the world of today.
    TCW - great! There are great hits, but many fails...

Well done... Pow! - right in my kisser... [face_laugh]

Really!? Copying Star Trek's the Borg and ruining many awesome EU things. And the way they were introduced was horrible...

And OriginaL?! Even the way they are introduced is lazy.

Yes, they do not feel like a SW enemy in any way.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Why not? Because they aren't the Empire and Sith? The galaxy is made up of thousands of different species that could make for interesting stories. The Vong were an attempt to broaden the galaxy and get away from the Sith and the Empire being the main focus as the bad guys. I like the fact that they are different. Makes for a new exciting challenge for our heroes to beat

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    By that logic they never would have made TCW.

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I do not mind the Mandos going on hissy fib or the Kaleesh or the Geonosians or anybody, but when I red things about the Vong war... it sounded alien and if I remove names like Ithor and Solo then it would be just a generic alien race brought in artificially to sturrrrrrrrrrrrrrr up things.

You have a point, but when has Lucas done something the fans wish to happen?!

20. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I've not read any Vong tales. I've not read any post-ROTJ EU at all save for the first 4 issues of Legacy.

I can't say that I like the Vong or not. But anything that isn't yet another Sith Empire for the millionth time wins points.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
  22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Well the NJO was a risk, a big risk but to keep from getting stale with the Warlord of the week thing, the Vong had to happen. Now with all of the Sith rising up again, we need a new enemy that will get us away from the Sith. All the Sith in the Old Republic era are fine. Krayt's One Sith are fine. Lumiya, Jacen in LOTF and the Lost Tribe in FOTJ is getting carried away. Get all of Palpatine's sith flunkies out of the way early in the post ROTJ universe. Don't have them running around 40 years later.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I feel like a Palpatine Sith Flunky is what we are going to get in ST.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    If the ST is 40 years after the OT then no, just no. The Empire can still be around but the Sith? No.

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Possible Enemies include: New Sith in the Rule of Two, The One Sith (some variation), Some Dark Jedi... That is about it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.