main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Official Live Action Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by LucasBuiltMeHotRod, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I was talking about scheduling. Obviously the LAS takes place between III & IV. But I would expect it to appear on tv between fall 2015 & the release of VIII. That would be the most reasonable expectation.

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Beings that the writing and everything has been done. I know SHIELD starts films soon. I could see Star Wars maybe only doing 10 episodes a season. If they got moving they could have it out my fall this year. But I would like to see it by Fall 2014. 2015 is too far away and would be too much SW in one year. It would be on it's second season and all good by 2015 for the movie...

3. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I see. I misunderstood what you meant. Apologies.

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    There's a Disney-Netflix deal? Does that mean TCW and the Star Wars films will be on Netflix at some point?

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    That is my hope. They just struck a deal. Right now that means anything out of the "Disney Vault" goes on Netflix, like Rescuers and Rescuers Down Under, Treasure Island, and countless others.

I have yet to see a Pixar thing aside from Mater's Tall Tales pop up. The older Marvel stuff is on there, but that was before it was Disney.

That being said, I would love to see TCW, and the films, and even the Ewok films hit netflix...
    I haven't watched the TCW religiously, however I would binge watch it on netflix as I did the Avengers show...

DarthBoba likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is the most promising news I've heard about the LAS in a long time... a long time.

7. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    The minute I heard about Disney buying Lucasfilm for Star Wars as a Franchise and not just the rights to make movies, I knew that a LAS would be coming sometime within the next 5 years. Here is our first taste.

But does it make sense to focus on the Dark Times while we are driving 20-40 years into the future for the Sequel Trilogy...

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Up! was on Netflix a while back.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    And how about Disney TV series? If I can get Darkwing Duck on Netflix I'm gonna flip!!!

10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012

Seerow likes this.
  11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    True...

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    With any luck. Those shows were really hurt by terrible DVD sales that Disney didn't even bother promoting when they were release and now Disney just sits on them.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't doubt Gargoyles and such will get released on Netflix. That being said, the BIGGEST NEWS since Lucasfilm Sale/Ardnt Writting just hit...

And we are discussing Netflix

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Thank the Force this series is still in the works. I think ABC would be a great channel to air it on. There are plenty of adult-themed shows on that channel. And, like rumblewagon said, Disney will likely be able to assist in the $$$ department.

rumblewagon likes this.
  15. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    Network TV stinks. Any drama that is actually groundbreaking or out of the typical network mold of cop shows, hospital shows or law shows seemingly does not last very long.

Cable TV is where it's at IMO. FX (Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Rescue Me), AMC (Walking Dead, Mad Men, Breaking Bad) and the premium networks would be a better home for any Star Wars series IMO.

16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Assist? Try more like bankroll...
    But I think after show flops like Last Resort, ABC is scared. Their adult drama shows are down to Greys, Once, Revenge and a few others. They need to figure out what is going on. SHIELD and Star Wars will draw an audience and could probably even compete more with Fox Animation Domination, or any other time slot on TV

17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    They don't have the money to roll out the CGI required for Lucas's vision. That being said I would argue that while you are correct in your assumption of drama shows. I would say that it was all kick started by LOST!!!

18. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    Unfortunately true. I just do not see a Star Wars Live Action series lasting on ABC or any other non-cable network except maybe FOX.

TreborSabreon and vong333 like this.
  19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly, and I am being serious. You have only to look to shows like Once Upon a Time or Lost to feel better about ABC and Star Wars. They can handle the deep mythology and complex plots, believe me. They will keep it character based.

That being said, SHIELD is going to be odd... Joss Whedon is powering up some nerdy female lead, (it's kind of his thing), but could fall into being a procedural. Which should be the one thing they STRIVE not to be...

The trick is to ask questions that aren't answered within one episode or even one season...

20. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    No way it would happen, but I wish they could release Underworld outside of the Star Wars brand. Probably the only way they could realistically pull off something that resembles Star Wars while being "the boldest" material they've done. I would love to see a mature and complex Deadwood-like show set on a world like Coruscant (and by mature I don't mean Game of Thrones-style nudity).

In reality, I've never seen an ABC drama that I liked.

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Well it is probably going to happen, so I'd try to acquire a taste...

22. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    So it's either a live action tv show on ABC family or that cartoon show Lucas teased at Celebration VI?

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Im not buying that star wars will succeed as a live action series. It borders on just fandom interest than the general public. People I have talked to balked at the idea and thought of a live action show. Unless they have darth vader , the emperor and the empire hunting jedi and rebels its going to be a tough sell. Who wants to see Soprano's in star wars or that other tv series thats playing on cable that has gangsters from the 1930's and stuff like that(which is good). I know that I wouldn't watch it past the first show. Why watch a show with smoking, seedy characters, bars, slums, and the criminal element when we have all these other shows that do it and do it better. I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

We need to get another animated series going that does not have the same animation style of the clone wars and does not cover the clone wars but another era. Thats were star wars is really going to be good at.

fett 4 likes this.
  24. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I wouldn't mind a dark times show, with a dark seedy side, but I would also want Bail Organa and "Captain" Ackbar, Mon Mothma, let me see the origins of the Alliance... Yeah we can go on a Boba Adventure for an episode or two... But if you do early Alliance on the run or in hiding, you could get a pretty good show...

25. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    If it's good, people will come.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.