main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books New Novel! Maul: Lockdown by Joe Schreiber

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Force Smuggler, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Marek Crest is the Rebel Alliance Crest... Wait what?

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ahsoka was Galen Marek's parents' best friend in the Jedi Order, and they redesigned their family crest after they were exiled in honor of her. That's why it's red -- it's actually a merger of their own family crest and the Tano family's. Ahsoka would visit the exiled Mareks on Kashyyyk during TCW while she was visiting her ever bester friend, Chewbacca.

3. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Ashoka... Terrible character outside of TCW. Would love a novel in Dart Times that kills her off but it won't happen for a while

4. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    No she says under-explored. That obviously means it isn't post-ROTJ. I think something maybe Dark Times or something between Episodes I and II or possibly a post KOTOR book which is what I'd really like (like base in the PC's companions in KOTOR 2). I really dont think IC2 because it's been mentioned and cancelled. So I doubt it will be this book.

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Would LOVE LOVE LOVE a book about Atton Rand, Bao Dur, Micah, Mira, Brianna, Bastila, Juhani, Jolee Bindo book. Probably Atton Rand and Mira as primary characters with Bao Dur as lancer recreating the Jedi Order. Possibly seeking out the Jedi from KOTOR1, plus Micah and Brianna...

Danzo likes this.
  6. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    As long as Karpy doesn't write it. That would be the point where I write violent letters to Del Rey.

7. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I would let Kemp go near them though

8. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Personally I'd prefer if they would just get Avellone to write it. Though I imagine he's rather busy with Project Eternity and Wasteland 2.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  9. darthzac14

Nov 8, 2012
    Its something I'd have Luceno write. I think Del Rey owes him a TOR tie-in since he couldn't write Deceived

RC-1991 likes this.
  10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I wouldn't call it a TOR tie in... I want a KOTOR tie in

11. darthzac14

Nov 8, 2012
    Oh good call, good call. But whatever you call it, I'd still like this book. The Kreia predictions just isn't enough for me

12. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    NOOOO!

Zorrixor likes this.
  13. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
  14. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
  15. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Technically, the science fiction book club release a two volume hard cover set already.....I know because I have it :)

16. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    Huh? Care to explain this?

BoromirsFan likes this.
  17. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    I would freak out big time for that book. It would easily be my most anticipated Star Wars novel for quite some time.

18. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Luceno was originally commissioned to write Deceived. For whatever reason- likely someone didn't like the direction it was going- it was handed to Paul Kemp.

19. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Luceno probably did too good a job with all the EU references and BioWare said: "No, no, no! Don't mention all that... what if we go and change our minds all over again!?" :p

20. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Here's my wish: Tales of Secret Stuff

Short story collection of events that have left fans wondering for years. What actually happened there? What were those things he just mentioned? Finally, the secrets are out.

This anthology includes:
    - The Bounty Hunter on Ord Mantell. How did Han meet a bounty hunter on that planet and who he was?
    - The Rebellion's first major victory. You have asked how the Death Star Plans got stolen and here's the answer!
    - What were the Clone Wars? This story shows you just that, with young Ben Kenobi as a general!
    - Weeks after the Death Star. What did our friends Luke, Leia and Han do in the days just after the Battle of Yavin?
    - The Hidden Past of Boba Fett and How He Escaped The Sarlacc. Duology by Paul S. Kemp
    - The Bird Hypothesis. Did Vader's second mission go as well as he thought? Does Coruscant really deserve a better class of criminal?
    - Eruditio et religio. A 300 pages long short story of the daily lives of a comedy couple Ars Dangor and His Imperial Majesty. Written in High Galactic.

21. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Welp. That explain why it'll never see the light of day.

22. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    You know, for the first two bullet points I actually thought you were serious and was going to make fun of you... but you ninja'd me hard :p

Random Comments likes this.
  23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    [face_rofl]

24. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, why don't we have a story about how the Death Star plans were stolen? Will we see that in Underworld? We had better...

25. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003