main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_rofl]

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I just headbanged my hair to the point of complete dryness immediately following a shower for the first time in a really, really, really long time. (And that's no easy feat, my hair goes past my chest.)

This has to be one of the greatest albums of all time:

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Indeed. Such a great album, especially for headbangers. You ever played BrĂ¼tal Legend? One of their songs from Show No Mercy is included.

4. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I was spoiled for the first two prequels and totally regretted it. I do not want to spend the entire time saying, "Oh, that's how that happens" or, "I guess that means rumor X was wrong" ever again.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I told myself that after AOTC, but when it came time to ROTS - while I held out a little longer - I felt like I was ostracizing myself from the community and caved to spoilers so that I could discuss the film beyond speculation and be a part of the community.

This time it looks like I'll still have TCW come the release of Episode VII, so I might have to lock myself in here.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It's tough because especially for ROTS, we knew beforehand the general gist of the plot, and it was the details that were super important.

With Episode VII, we really have no idea for the first time in a generation what is going to happen in a major SW event (read: film). I'm more inclined to go spoiler-free, but will definitely watch the trailers, and follow the officially released info. But mos def no hardcore spoilers.

And I originally liked the "Palps is a clone" and "Naboo was nuked and is now Dagobah" theories.

Also, guys, Anakin did kill Padme. He broke her heart. [face_sick] Would have been much sadder if she took Leia and lived on Alderaan as we all believed.

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    ^ Yes, that. Trailers yes, officially released info yes, hardcore spoilers no.

8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You could easily say she died from the Force Choke.

9. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    The Polis Massans couldn't even perform a caesarian with the technology available to them, their archaic medical opinions are an embarrassment to the medical community. She died of tracheal hemorrhaging :p

07jonesj likes this.
  10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I knew that Palpatine was kidnapped in 2004 but that was the extent of my spoilers......until this:

I went to see some other movie and was spoiled majorly. [face_sigh]
    I wonder how the Jedi will die? Oh, wait there it is.

11. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I'm sorry about you're being spoiled...but I have to say that is one of the best trailers ever made. I thought so when it came out (though I believed that to be because of my bias towards the film) but looking back at it, it really actually does a better job of explaining Anakin's fall than the actual movie did. [face_sigh]

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Admittedly it was an epic trailer, when Mace said "You're under arrest, Chancellor" I absolutely lost it!

13. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I loved the trailer, and watched it again and again off the tivo when the trailer first aired. I remember having to fast forward through whatever program that was (that you see briefly in the youtube video above) to get to the trailer.

The one big thing that surprised me was that they so readily showed Palpatine in action. That just seemed to indicate to me that Lucas really wasn't going out of his way to mislead audiences that Palpatine = Sidious. Which just makes it odd now that he refuses to really develop the angle and stories that could exist in showing Sidious and Palpatine to be one and the same in TCW. Because all of a sudden NOW it becomes a big deal that they can't be shown to be the same.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not so much metal but I was into all the 80s hair bands when I was in high school (which was the 80s. Young'uns.). Def Leppard, Van Halen in the Sammy Hagar days, Guns N Roses, Warrant, Motley Crue.

As far as the prequels, I was far too spoiled for all three of them, and the only good aspect I can think of regarding being that spoiled, is that I knew better than to pay full price for ROTS when I knew I would hate it.

TaradosGon, that was one of my first thoughts when I saw the scene with Padme giving birth: I've had two C-sections (well, I had had one at the time that ROTS was released) and there is no reason why she should have been screaming when she was giving birth unless the med droids were trying to torture her by not giving her anesthesia, which I doubt. The pain of a C-section comes afterwards; it doesn't hurt while it's happening. But I don't think she died of tracheal hemorrhaging or the screaming wouldn't have happened.

Padme's death was one big cluster**** in which Lucas didn't seem to be able to make up his mind how she was going to die, and was trying to please both the fans who wanted Anakin to kill her and those of us who wanted him to have little to nothing to do with her death.

15. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I actually felt the opposite - i loved the novelization and was really excited for the film and then when I got to the theater and we started getting such dumb dialogue between Anakin and Obi-wan and groaning battle droids, my heart immediately broke and i realized right away that this story - the story we had been waiting for for so long, and that I loved reading in the Novel, was going to be done so incredibly poorly. I became a little sick. With each passing moment i made myself more the dark side's servant and gave into my anger.

Maybe had something to do with the fact that Lucas never learned anything about childbirth.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's not exactly difficult to research. I'm sure he could have contacted an ob/gyn in California who would have been happy to give him information.

17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    To be fair, upon review, my C-section comment didn't make any sense. :p

A criticism is that Anakin is so ready to turn to the Dark Side to save Padme from complications of child birth, when a C-section would have been a natural solution. But apparently in a GFFA, they can travel across the galaxy in hyperspace, but can't or refuse to perform C-sections and insist on natural births.

I incorrectly brought that criticism up in reference to the Polis Massans, though they had no reason to suspect that Padme was going to die.

Padme giving up on life was painful to hear, not because of the tragedy, but because it was so stupid.

Prior to the release of ROTS, I suspected that the desire to save people from death would come up again (Anakin laid it down pretty thick in AOTC), and I figured that would in some way tie into Anakin's desire to save Padme. But I expected something more akin to Padme being terminally ill, Anakin's desire to find a way to save her ultimately drawing attention and everyone finding out that Padme and Anakin were married, Anakin joining Palpatine and Padme refusing to go along with it. And then she would go into hiding with Bail and Leia and that it would just become clear that Padme was going to die of her illness, but still leave a little leeway to account for why Leia remembers her (or at least that was what I remember of my fan speculation before going into 3SA :p). I had enough sense to know that my speculation was unlikely to be true, but I couldn't have possibly have prepared myself for just how bad Padme's death was handled.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Your version would have made a much, much better story.

I had assumed that Padme would die, possibly at the hands of Palpatine, but Anakin would assume that the Jedi had something to do with it--either due to their sacrificing her for the "greater good" or due to Palpatine killing her and framing the Jedi for it. And that he wouldn't know that the med droids who attended her had managed to save the babies.

It wasn't a solid theory formed in my mind but that's what I thought the framework would be.

19. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I still say Sidious did in Padme myself but that's a tangent.

20. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't exactly know what Sidious' plan was should Anakin have killed Obi-Wan and brought Padme before Sidious to be saved.

Seems counter productive for Sidious to kill her outright and put Anakin into a position in which he'd attack Sidious and resulting in Sidious being killed or Sidious ruining his own plans by having to kill/injure his apprentice.

And to allow her to live seems dangerous, since Anakin was more loyal to her than Sidious.

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The Force Choke killed her! She was always meant to die, presumably before she gave birth.

22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003

Had Anakin killed Obi-Wan - and I'm guessing Sidious figured he would - then he probably would have retrieved Padme, cried "oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God," and then raced her back to Palpatine as quick as possible to be saved. How would Sidious get out of that one? Lock the door, hide under his desk and have Mas Amedda tell Anakin that Palpatine is out on business. Palpatine then waits until after Padme has died to poke his head out and tell Anakin that it's his fault he didn't book an appointment 3 weeks in advance? :p

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Do we know the timescale it takes from being Force Choked on Mustafar to giving birth on Polis Massa?

Would Anakin have gotten back to Coruscant on time?

24. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Probably. Palpatine made the trip to Mustafar before Anakin died. Unless Padme was going to give up on life doubly fast out of spite.

07jonesj likes this.
  25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I've now got this hilarious image of Padme being in the back of Anakin's ship and rolling around, trying to get herself to die faster. [face_laugh]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.