main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    07jonesj - It's a guess and a logical one to make if they are mainly doing 4 part arcs. It's not fact, its a guess, speculation at present. We do need to take into account any possible move to a different network too and money that CN may have to pay extra to acquire the rights to air more episodes which now that Lucasfilm is owned by Disney, disney may not be so willing as to do that. I actually hope I'm wrong, but there are times when seasons have been shortened for other shows for various reasons. so it isn't uncommon. Ergo, its about how much CN can buy and air and before a possible move. If my speculation is correct then I'm sure it will be addressed in more of an official capacity soon.

07jonesj likes this.
  2. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    It's funny how the discussion about the ending of this season keeps moving from one thread to another.

To add even more stuff to discuss: We still didn't get to our usual Cad Bane episode. He appears at least one episode per season. So; where is he?

07jonesj likes this.
  3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    He was so good in last season's "Deception" arc that they decided to re-air that instead of writing new episodes.

4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    He probably won't appear until next season. It sucks considering how awesome he was in the Deception arc. Oh well...

5. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    With most forums, threads are like rooms in a building...you walk into one, they're talking about one thing. You leave that and go into another, they're talking about something else.
    With LACWAC i see it as a building where the contractor never felt the need to build walls so he just used scotch tape and hung curtains to divide the "rooms."

...Scotch tape doesn't hold curtains up very well.

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I hope that going forward they limit 3+ episode arcs to the more epic tales that usually come either as a Season opener or towards the end of the season. Making everything a four parter makes for longer stories, but allows for far less ground to be covered.

The exceptions are arcs like the Bane episodes of Season 2 or the Deception arc of Season 4. Tales that span several planets and actually feel like a movie unto themselves. With something like Onderon, it just feels like the story is stagnating in the same place for unnecessarily long.

If its a four episode arc and you're on one planet the whole time, it can probably stand to be condensed IMO. Umbara and Zygerria are two arcs that I liked that stayed in one spot for the most part, but even they felt one episode too long to me.

Oh and please keep droids and Jar Jar off limits for future 4 parters. :p

And preferably they'd set aside at least 1/4 of the season for secondary characters like Plo Koon, Mace Windu, etc. to either take the spotlight or ride shotgun and co-star.

And perhaps even one arc/season in the vein of Nightsisters that follows the villains as the stars - a Dooku centered arc, a Grievous centered arc, etc.

fistofan1 and QuangoFett like this.
  7. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Wouldn't it make more sense for them to pull two episodes from season six to end the season? Like, I don' t know, two episodes that conclude the Darth Maul story or something like that?

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    They can’t really drop the “Clovis” arc from s5. They have showed scenes from it in both trailers, and given us two full clips from it, the first one as early as in May last year (The Embo chase scene). To not show it until s6, one and a half years after they started promoting it, would be totally crazy. If it was pushed out to give room for a better story as the season finale (a Darth Maul two parter perhaps), then I would accept it though. But it’s bad marketing.

rumblewagon likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There will be a four-part Jar-Jar arc. I called it. He'll team up with Ahsoka, who will be the only one who really understands and appreciates Gungans.

*mumbles something about a thousand fans crying out in terror*

As far as the Clovis arc, I don't know how they could get away with pushing it back either.

10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I would especially be bad if the Clovis arc turns out to be nothing special at all and got pushed back because the crew felt it would make a lame closer for the season [face_skull]

But if the re-incorporation of YJ into the season is what threw everything off, then wouldn't moving Clovis to next season only subsequently cause that season to have to throw off several episodes to make room? They could always just make a on hour block to accommodate an additional episode. Or they'll throw it onto the DVD/Bluray as a bonus [face_frustrated]

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    They could always just edit the Clovis arc together or into two parts and run it as a special over the summer if its out. It would be great to get a little taste of TCW over the break.

hlc88 likes this.
  12. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Oh God, I hope not!

I totally agree on that with you both; he really was great in that arc. But sadly it's more than likely that we have to wait for him until next season, unless he appears out of nowhere in the Ashoka/Ventress arc. I just hope it'll be worth waiting...

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I like Cad Bane but I'm cool with giving him a season off. Hopefully he teams up or battles Hondo in the future. That'd be awesome.

Darth Vader likes this.
  14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    it definitely would be

15. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Or teams up with Hondo.

16. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    They do both like to be rich [face_thinking]

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Teaming up sounds cool. But there is also something cool about the idea of Bounty Hunter vs Pirate.

18. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, if this so-called episode Sabotage is a real episode, it sounds likes Bane's kind of job.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder what will get Sabotaged. <<;

20. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Hopefully Filoni was right when he said Ventress was teamed up with someone more interesting than Kenobi and he meant Bane. Maybe they work together and Bane uses his knowledge of infiltration on the Temple and set detonations in it with Ventress.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That interesting person seems like its gonna be.

Ahsoka

22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    The team up of Asajj and Ahsoka might be more interesting, but Ahsoka herself is not.

I was hoping for an Asajj/Anakin or Asajj/Bane teamup when it was first announced. Though I thought Bane was confirmed to be absent from this season at the same time that Boba was.

My guess: the Jedi Temple (shown smoking in S5 trailer)

On a completely different note, there are also shots of Dooku in his stronghold and an audio clip of him threatening someone, "everything that you've fought so hard for, will be destroyed." He hasn't said that yet in an episode has he? I'm guessing that's part of the Clovis arc. I'm guessing he's threatening Anakin for the umpteenth time.

23. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    He could be talking to Sidious about Maul.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Cad Bane?

25. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Dooku