main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Crankcase

Crankcase Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2012
    The teaser of ROTS was indeed great. The only thing that looked weird to me back then was Vader's hands position while laying on the medical table. Good they changed that for the movie.

2. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Guillermo del Toro Was Approached for Star Wars: Episode VII

Source: The Playlist
    January 7, 2013​

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98575

We've got one more name for the "no" pile of potential Star Wars: Episode VII directors. In an interview with The Playlist, director Guillermo del Toro explains the circumstances of how it almost happened.

"We got one phone call to my agent saying, 'Is Guillermo interested?' And basically I have so much stuff already of my own, and I'm pursuing stuff that I'm generating already....It was very flattering, It was just a phone call, it didn't go past that, it was very nice to be asked, but believe it or not, I'm busy enough."

Del Toro has someone in mind for it though: "I think the fans deserve somebody that is just going to immerse themselves completely. As a geek, I would have loved to see Brad Bird take it."

Unfortunately, Bird said he's not doing the new Star Wars film back in November.

Del Toro is currently working on his new film Pacific Rim, which will open in 3D, 2D and IMAX 3D theaters on July 12. Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to hit theaters in 2015.

3. tthatch

tthatch Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2012
  4. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Anyone seen this fan poster before ?? :) I like it alot :cool:

[​IMG]

JainaSoloYJK and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Sharad Hett? Thats Darth Krayt's father. He died before the Clone Wars. Other than that I like the poster and think it might be cool.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Nobody stays dead anymore.

Dying is dead.

Echo-07 and InterestingLurker like this.
  7. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I can't see Krayt being in it, and certainly not his father unless they alter his history totally (which they can do of course).

8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I sure hope Krayt isn't in it. That would suck.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Isn't he after Luke's time anyway?

10. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Either way, I never liked him and I don't want him in the new movies. I'd rather see the Cronal in the new film.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I would think any Dark Jedi/Sith villain would be the one major new character that will be created for the movie, if we get the old actors and use character like the Solo kids

Echo-07 likes this.
  12. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Or better yet, not a Dark Jedi/Sith villain, but a different villain entirely, one who is not a Force-user.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  13. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Ellen Page as a hypothetical Jaina?

Not a bad idea actually...

14. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I agree with you. I think it will be something/one no one has guessed or thought of yet, except for George of course. :p

Also agreed! I like Ellen Page.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Maybe, but it's very difficult for a non Force-user to be able to defeat a Jedi easily unless he's majorly tooled up like the Fetts.

That is a problem I have with a guy like Lex Luthor, without Kryptonite he gets totally pwned by Superman so I don't take him that seriously as a threat. I like villains that can potentially win because they mght be better and stronger than the hero, which makes overcoming them more difficult and interesting (kinda like Bane in Batman).

Someone like Grand Admiral Thrawn would be OK but what does he do when Luke Skywalker turns up with his lightsaber? His blaster won't do much.

KED12345 likes this.
  16. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Joss Whedon Wishes He Could Direct 'Star Wars Episode VII

Source: Indiewire

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...-vii-drops-new-details-on-avengers-2-20130112

I'm as angry as you should be," Whedon told CNN at the CCMAs about being unable to take on the next 'Star Wars' film. "When I heard that I was like, 'I wonder... no, I really can't do that. Oh, I already have a job.' I wouldn't clear the Avengers. I'm having so much fun with that sequel right now, just with the script, that I couldn't imagine not doing it."
    He may not be involved, but the filmmaker still has an opinion of where he'd like to see the series go. "I'd like to see a little edge," he said. "We all missed the Han [Solo] of it. It got very portentous, which was justified by the story, but I think we'd all like to see a little anarchy in the mix."

17. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Aw nuts. So much for that. But considering he's doing Avengers, its understandable.

So that's Abrams, Del Toro and Whedon for next-gen filmmakers off the list. And Spielberg for past-gen filmmakers.

18. Aizakku Rorensu

Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    Opps... wrong thread.

19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Oh look, more Whedon talk.

20. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Hey I saw that Matthew Vaughan was already listed as director of Episode VII on the wook and it was cited. What's up with that?

21. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    That citation sounds spurious. But, slips of the tongue *have* happened. I'm excited if it's true!

22. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    If Vaughn is in the director's chair, I have high hopes. Kick-Ass was pretty good and X-Men: First Class was extremely good. IMO of course, some cite it as bad. But still.

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm fairly certain that it's either Vaughn or a newcomer to directing.

24. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    There has been several issues with Wookieepedia lately.

25. Jedi Historian

Jedi Historian Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    If Vaughn is indeed the choice, we should be very happy. For those who's only exposure to his style is First Class (which I did enjoy), you must watch Layer Cake. It's a noir British gangster film starring Daniel Craig--an excellent, excellent movie. For those craving a director who knows how to do character development well, we could do a great deal worse than Matthew Vaughn.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.