main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Anakin is all nervous and panicked like a father making a made dash to the hospital with his wife because their baby is on the way. He's trying to coach her through her breathing and Padme's threatening to will herself to death if he doesn't pull over.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Didn't know you were a fellow Slayer fan, great to know! I love Show No Mercy. I've never played that game, what's it like?

I'm staunchly anti-hair "metal" but even I have to admit that Motley Crue's very first album has a few solid traditionally-veined heavy metal tracks.

3. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd only seen TPM and AOTC when I first saw ROTS, and my whole viewing experience was just HOLY $#%! after HOLY $#%! after HOLY $#%! after HOLY $#%! after HOLY $#%!. Ah, the memories...

Billy_Dee_Binks and Seerow like this.
  4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    It's really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, hard for me to imagine that.

Kiki-Gonn, JackG and Seerow like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't know how old LordMortis is, but I don't find that hard to believe. There are people under the age of 20-25 or so, who are seeing the films in 1-6 order, especially if they don't have family members who are old-school fans.

6. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    It might be a challenge to imagine yourself to have seen the SW films in a completely different order from that which you actually saw them in. An exceedingly rigid mind might not be able to imagine this fully.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm an OOT Star Wars fan who knew who Darth Vader was for six years before I ever knew that he was Luke's father.

There's a part of me that would like to have the experience of not knowing that Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader. There are a few people on the boards who have posted that they had that experience, and I can't help but wonder what it might be like.

I didn't show the saga that way to my sons, I did it in 4-6 1-3 order, but if I had it to do again, I would have waited until they were a couple of years older and shown it in 1-6 order.

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    To experience SW in a new order may require deep meditation.

Or temporary amnesia.

[​IMG]

Seerow and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Dark Lord Tarkas I like a lot of metal, so definitely a Slayer fan. Brütal Legend is a hybrid action-adventure RTS with a lot of great humor and scenery that contains literal shout-out to classic metal album cover. Pretty fun, and besides Jack Black, it also has Ozzy Osbourne and a few other cameos from rock and metal musicians.

And count me among those who did see the OT before the prequels were in the works. My old special edition VHSs are worn out with love.

10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011

And who are you, the proud lord said,
    that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat,
    that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
    a lion still has claws,
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
    as long and sharp as yours.
    And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
    that lord of Castamere,
    But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
    with no one there to hear.
    Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
    and not a soul to hear.

11. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Dark Lord Tarkas I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm 17, and I definitely fit in that category.

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    LordMortis315 Nothing to be sorry for at all, I was just saying it's hard for me to imagine that personally. I was only 10 when Ep. I came out but my dad showed my siblings and I the OT a lot at a very young age, and my brother and I were really, really into it.

Todd the Jedi like the old school War Craft? That sounds like it has amazing potential.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If I weren't so damn old, I probably would have seen Star Wars in episodic order just because I would have assumed that's how they were meant to be viewed. I think a lot of people make assumptions about cultural icons and draw from those assumptions that everyone would be familiar with the story, but knowing that Darth Vader is a character in Star Wars doesn't necessarily imply knowing anything else about him. Nobody in my family is anywhere near the Star Wars fan that I am; my father took me to the OT films when they premiered because he was curious, and my mother either didn't want to go or couldn't go because she was too busy with kids. But I became the big fan; his reaction was, "OK, nice movie" and then he let it go. Had I been born 20 years later, I could see renting the movies in 1-6 order as I wouldn't have the idea in my head that I must see Episode IV first.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, not too different from my dad, he likes the movies but I wouldn't call him a fan, I think he just remembered them because they came out when he was a young adult and he enjoyed them then and thought they would be good for kids. Like he was showing us something he felt was from his era. We didn't own them until after the THX remasters came out, before that we would rotate renting one at a time from the library.

15. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I actually have a LONG article (about 40 pages without the images) that I've written on this. Its basically an hour by hour timeline account of the events of RoTS using EU sources, Essential Guides, LFL statements and calculations based on lighting (shadow angles/planetary locations/sun elevations/color temperature/season/geography, etc...). Its still in the initial drafts but all of the facts are laid out. If anyone wants to do a proof reading, send me a PM!

To answer your question, based on my calculations - she would have survived the trip back to Coruscant.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  17. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    Dark Lord Tarkas
    EDIT: 30 pages**
    It is pretty thorough. I would ideally like to add in images and do a total Graphically Designed Paperback to sell, but obviously I'd need to sell the idea to LFL or Del Rey or what not and that's not going to happen. I've thought of doing something similar to Timeline Gold but I'd much rather have full page spread graphics and such...iunno, maybe one of these days I'll figure it out.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  19. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    hahaha...yea, it all started when I was trying to reconcile the dating discrepancies between Karen Traviss' Republic Commando books and other sources. I was able to solve the dating discrepancy using various In-Universe facts and then I just kept diving deeper until I decided to just go hour by hour. It slowly developed into a more and more detailed understanding of why things occur when.

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    No one else in my family is really into SW. I remember being shown ANH a few times when I was little but didn't watch the rest of the OT until I was in like the 5th grade. I saw the PT movies each around when they came out. TPM came out when I was like 14.

21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Worst. Teaser. Ever.

22. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I've just watched ROTJ about two weeks ago while going through... "temporary amnesia" and it felt like watching the movie again for the first time. And it was great. I do the same with TCW, btw.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think I could do the temporary amnesia thing, even after several drinks.

I'm currently re-watching season 1, one to two episodes at a time. It's been fun, I'm seeing some stuff I missed before.

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm grateful I have an ability to suspend reality and my old perceptions at will and go into old stuff like an 8 year old all over again.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm waiting for "temporary amnesia" to kick in. Jurassic Park was my favorite movie. But I watched it waaay too many times in high school and it got to the point that I could start quoting nearly any scene. I haven't seen the movie in nearly 3 years. Then one day it's on TV, I sit down to watch it feeling like it's been long enough, but nope. Too soon. Aside from sheer nostalgia that I still get from watching it, it takes the fun out of the movie when the whole thing becomes the equivalent of a sing-a-long.

The sequels fortunately haven't gotten to that point yet. But I misplaced my The Lost World DVD, and I haven't been able to thoroughly enjoy JP3 since seeing it in theaters. =((

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.