main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.13 - Point of No Return - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Jan 9, 2013.

1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    This episode was actually good so i give 8/10 and i give this arc 6/10

2. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    50/50 Gregor and Tarkin saved it.

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Was that Gilad Pellaeon in one of the scenes!?!

PS: Why does Anakin have to say everything or do everything like he is passing a stone?!

4. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Yeah... well... so... that arc happened.

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Will we never find out what Grievous was planning, or was it to blow up the space station?

6. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Yawn.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    This episode was pretty good. Here are my thoughts:

Pros:

- The animation was spectacular. I loved the scenes where the droids were flying through the hallways of the cruiser. Plus, as others have said, the explosion at the end was phenomenal. The flying debris really sold it for me.

- The buzz droids were a credible threat, which is more than one can say about most CIS droids in this show. I liked the fact that they were droideka-like in the way they rolled around. I've only ever imagined them fighting in space battles, so I never thought about how they'd fight on the ground.

- I liked the way the animators expanded the Star Destroyer. The corridors were reminiscent of the Desth Star and it was great to see the gun turrets from ROTS make an appearance.

Cons:

- The ENTIRE Council is at the fleet conference and the only Jedi that get screentime are Anakin and Obi-Wan?? Honestly, this got old seasons ago. It's time to shift the focus a little.

- I would have liked to see some discussion of fleet tactics at the Carida space station. Couldn't Tarkin have had just a little more screentime?

- The battle droid "humor" at the beginning was terrible as usual. Couldn't the slapstick scenes with the droids carrying the detonator have been sacrificed for some dialogue at the fleet conference?

- The whole arc revolved around the all-powerful encription module and the Republic didn't even acknowledge it in the end. Heck, I don't even think it was mentioned in the episode. That's ridiculous, even for a MacGuffin.

- The Super Tactical Droids are completely useless. Completely, COMPLETELY useless.

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    cause he is awesome :p

9. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Of the individual episodes, only one (the first) was truly among the worst episodes ever, but this was, as a whole, probably the worst arc ever.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  10. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Not bad. Not good.

4/5

It would have been nice to actually see what the encryption code was for. The explosions were pretty. I did like the Colonel and the humor.
    I'd rank this arc as 4/5 and the episodes in this order:

Missing In Action
    A Sunny Day in the Void
    Point of No Return
    Secret Weapons

This arc felt useless and better then the usual Ahsoka fighting Darth Maul crap we normally get at the same time.

fistofan1 likes this.
  11. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I have to say that explosion was epic and incredible. I saw all the flashing explosions and thought 'Is that it? The guys on the forum said it was really good?' and then when the ship really exploded. =D=[face_hypnotized]=P~

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  12. scarecrow007

scarecrow007 Jedi Master

Jan 5, 2013
    It was a decent episode, but a weak conclusion to the droid arc. Felt like they forgot about the module at the end of the episode, which was the whole point of this arc.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I guess we could simply assume the McGuffin was destroyed when Artoo was messed up by the explosion. =b

My greatest to least.
    Void
    MIA
    Secret Weapons
    No Return

I agree it was a weak conclusion.

14. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    No

I watched this again today, its terrible. Its like they tossed all the characters from the show in a blender and this is what came out. This might be the one the hundred monkeys they hired to help write Season 1 have been working on all this time.

15. Dynoblaze

Dynoblaze Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2010
    This arc was awful: weak conclusion, boring episodes, battle droid "humor", at least the Ship explosion at the end was amazing. Other than that the only good part was when Republic Commando Gregor showed up and kicked ass. And even that was ruined a little by the generals over top "It's too late for me/Leave me behind" line.

Arcs like these make me scared for TCW if/when it moves to Disney Channel. Especially after seeing the treatment Naruto Shippuden got. :_|[face_nail_biting]

Order66Survivor likes this.
  16. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    The best thing about this was the explosion.

Moving on now.

17. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    This may be the only thing in history to have ended both with a bang, and with a whimper.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well people have really hated this:eek:- this was definitely in line with previous episodes. Not really good but not extremely bad either- and at least this arc is now over- it was too long and in totally wrong place. I was disappointed how little we saw the actual conference though:(

+ Buzz droids, security and pilot droids- great
    + Droids managed to hit something and destroy it (treadwell droid)- remarkable
    + Explosion
    + Tarkin cameo
    + Carida

- No one seemed to remember the hyperspace (whatever happened to those buzz droids when dropped out of ship during hyperspace travel?)
    - It had to be just Anakin, Obi-Wan and Tarkin with speaking roles.... Yularen should've been there at least....

19. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    So happy this arc is over! To have one episode with D-Squad was okay, but more with them was an awful idea. Gregor and the awesome explosion in Point of No Return were the only good things with this arc.

20. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    So gregor is dead?

21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    +Nice opening shots
    +Gorgeous animation as usual
    +Elaborate Separatist plot
    +Buzz droids
    +R2 is a BADASS
    +Nice droid bonds
    +Tarkin cameo
    +Brilliant explosion
    +Anakin's worry about R2

-Random ship?
    -Gascon is ****ing ridiculous
    -Battle droid humor
    -"There's something wrong here..."; Well, no **** Sherlock
    -What the hell was up with the encryption module?
    -Super tactical droids are worthless
    -Little shown of conference itself
    -"I would be proud to serve with you droids, anytime, anywhere." Yeah whatever moron, as long as it's off-screen.

7/10 for this episode, but as an arc, man, this sucked

In order of preference, Missing in Action, A Sunny Day in the Void, Point of No Return, and then Secret Weapons is the most worthless pile of **** this show has ever come up with.

Count me glad this arc is over.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    No

23. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    6/10 episode: R2's stupidity when the chips came down really made it silly; not using the zapper on the Tac droid, really?

10/10 for getting explosions right, quality over quantity: looking at you Bay

0/10 for Gregor dead

24. Zabrak 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Maul ARC will get me in a huge better mood.

25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    cause he is Darth Maul and he is AWESOME :p

AkashKedavra_93 and Zabrak 2 like this.