main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    What is wrong with OT dialogue?
    I liked the OT dialogue better than the PT dialogue...
    No offense, by the way...

2. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    9. Let Grievous loose every battle.
    They probably smoke crack every time they write a scene involving Grievous.
    10. Anakin vs Dooku
    Hey, are we out of villains? Let's use that guy with the grey beard again...
    What will the retirement home say of this?
    11. The good guys should capture every villain they meet.

Zeta1127 and GGrievous like this.
  3. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    12. Let's use some B-version of Williams' music

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    When they start over using OT dialogue, it really does get annoying and takes away the moments from the OT. Talk about creativity... (step 1 :p )

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, this latest episode's use of "it's a trap!" seemed forced, especially when they restrained themselves so well during the Mon Cal arc, where they must have been DYING to use it.

6. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    So, eh, the arc as a whole was alright. Far better than previous droid arcs IMHO, and I honestly got quite a kick out of seeing R2 dart around and frag droids with such ease. I guess the little guy's a far more capable soldier than most of us realized.

I'm surprised they 'nearly' killed him as well, but it's not as if he hasn't survived being critically damaged before. Now he's got one "death" in both the OT and PT era.

Some major disappointments though... the Jedi Council was implied to be there entirely, but we only saw Mace and Obi-wan (with Anakin hanging around too). Even if we didn't get the addition of Oppo Rancisis or Agen Kolar, it would've been nice to at least see everyone else in person. However, we did at least see Tarkin. I wonder if Gascon and Tarkin will one day be plotting Imperial strategies at the same table (or if the Empire will see Gascon unfit for Imperial service due to his non-human status and... deal with him)? Also, the Void was a low in this arc that was just wasted. I was expecting something far more impressive than what we received. Gregor surviving into this episode also would've been nice, but oh well. He'll probably turn up again at some point anyway.

Luckily, the last 3 arcs should be very interesting, if not somewhat notably darker. If you don't outright loathe TCW/Maul (which I know some here do), the next few episodes will be 'very' interesting to watch. Look forward to them. I'm also hoping the Clovis arc might finally start putting the Banking clan back into its proper role.

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I always pronounced Carida as Caridia in my head for some reason.

Danzo likes this.
  8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    As I recall in a Filoni interview, there was originally going to be a scene where Ackbar doesn't understand what the word "trap" means and so Anakin would teach him the phrase, and Ackbar would then use it later in the episode to show Anakin he now understands what traps are. Super, super glad that got cut.

9. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Jesus Christ how horrifying

10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    There aren't even words to describe that. [face_plain]

11. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  13. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Well, if I ever had any doubts about the level of the writing for TCW, an interview like that confirms it. As if this stupid arc wasn't enough proof already.

So does this mean Artoo is made of the same material as the Glove of Darth Vader since he survived an explosion that blew up a Star Destroyer? Or maybe a tiny wormhole opened up so that Artoo escaped most of the blast but was still damaged. :p

I forget if they had hologram tech that good before since most holograms are just the blue-tinged ones. Not even sure what the point of those bridge holograms were for, although I was skipping through this episode fast (four episodes of this plot is four too many already to endure), not like there was anyone left onboard to fool, or was it just in case anyone on the space station happened to try to look through the bridge windows?

Nice explosion, but otherwise the best thing about this episode is that this arc is finally over.

14. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Dear Lord, I thank thee for not allowing Dave Fioni to include this in TCW. Thou dost facepalm at the thought of it. Thine wisdom and grace we appreciate. In your name we pray. Amen. [face_praying]

--Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth , Ulicus , RC-1991 and 2 others like this.
  15. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    For some reason I always pronounced it that way as well.

16. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    In addition to the rocket boosters, R2 also houses a personal hyperdrive.

Obviously, he jetted out the Star Destroyer's hallways in his own miniaturised 'reactor shaft run' and then engaged his hyperdrive as he boosted out of the collapsing superstructure.

Next season, we will learn he doesn't need other people to transport him around the galaxy: he can journey the stars by himself.

17. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Why think so small? Clearly he's the TARDIS in which the entire GFFA is contained.

That he appeared within himself is by the by.

18. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Mouse droid!

I was surprised that they didn't end the episode by showing how the encryption module was used to decrypt Grievous's transmission about... a Separatist plot to hijack a Star Destroyer and use it as a bomb to destroy a Republic military convention. :p

EDIT: Hm, the trivia slideshow mentions that Tarkin is now an Admiral (was that stated in the episode?)

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  19. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Tarkin is an admiral right now? Hooray!
    Congratulations...
    When is he going to become governor?

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    About Carida- "It does not fare well in the future." Well that's an understatement. They should have said- "this won't be the last huge explosion in this star system." :p

21. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Well... I was originally going to point out that starfighters don't just carry astromechs to help with targeting (why else are X-Wings able to enter hyperspace but not TIE Fighters?), but I didn't want to blow people's minds with too many revelations too soon.

Ulicus likes this.
  22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    After "Pumping Mandalorian Iron" and a successful holofilm career.

Zorrixor and Gorefiend like this.
  23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    "What killed Alderaan? MEEEE!!"

"GET TO DAH DEATH STAH!!!"

"IT'S NOT A MOON!!!"

"Hasta la vista, Daala!"

Zorrixor, Ulicus and Gorefiend like this.
  24. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    How did the old audio versions of this pronounce it, I wonder?

25. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    TV pronunciation = my pronunciation. And they used it in an EU-consistent way, too boot.

That was a good enough ending to the arc, I suppose. I choose to believe that the detonator itself had some degree of shielding that helped protect Artoo from the brunt of the explosion, because otherwise that's just nuts. The explosion itself was awesome, though; especially that it still managed to kriff up a bunch of stuff in the area and wasn't just a big pretty light.