main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A Bright Center: The Official Core Worlds Discussion Thread (Aftermath & Shattered Empire Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Jan 4, 2013.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Can’t really blame them for that, as they worship culture aspects the Duros don’t appreciate all that much.
    Properly safer as major figures of the Clone Wars.

Cronal likes this.
  2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, the split between the Duros and the Neimoidians culturally is pretty significant. As the Essential Atlas points out, whereas the Duros were all about exploration and technological advancement, the Neimoidians were essentially just interested in aggressive commerce and trade. Duros had a reputation as being intrepid explorers, talented pilots, brave military officers, and being a very gregarious species. The same cannot be said of the Neimodians in any of those areas.

--Adm. Nick

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I always wondered why Alsakan, a world known for its rebellious streak, didn't oppose the Emperor. Then again, I also approve of the fact that Alsakan, after failing to become the capital of the Republic after seventeen wars over fourteen millennia, simply grows up and moves on... unlike another irresponsible Core World which has twenty secessions under it's belt....

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The problem is that we have very little to go on as far as Alsakan in the Empire and the NR. I have a feeling that the conflicts with Coruscant still existed, but moved to being more about power and influence than proxy wars - Alsakan probably excised a great deal of control over the Perlemian Trade Route.

5. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Hard to say. Alsakan eventually gets eclipsed by worlds that were once within it's sphere of infulence, like Chandrila, Esseles, Brentaal, and Corulag. I like the idea that Alsakan is a world "stuck" in the past, while the rest of the galaxy moved on. IIRC, didn't the EGTW point out that people from Alsakan (or was it in the EA?) were either rabid Imperials or staunch Rebels?

--Adm. Nick

6. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I don't know - the Republic/Empire has a lot of room - I have to imagine, for instance, that Denon, one of the least-mentioned worlds in Star Wars, is probably extremely influentual and powerful even outside of being the temporary capital - it's at the crossroads of two of the biggest hyperlanes in the galaxy, and has a population second to Coruscant. Anaxes didn't even get a mention until Coruscant and the Core Worlds. It's only with the EGW that we've been shown how far-reaching the Alsakan Conflicts have been. Their influence probably was amid the Expansion Region where their colonists settled, much like the "Corellian Hegemony", however much their influence with neighboring Core Worlds waned.

7. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I wonder if Alsakan was a hotbed of Rebel cells in the Core? If there was a Alsakani Rebel faction, I can definitely seeing it be more akin to the Corellian Rebels, ie much more independent and maintaining a separate fleet once Ackbar began to reorganize and consolidate the Alliance Navy.

At the end of the day, I just can't see the Alsakani aristocracy or general populace being huge supporters of the New Order or an increasingly centralized Empire.

Speaking of which, I wonder whether Alsakan is a democratic Core World? They are mentioned as having nobles, IIRC, but their value on independence and decentralized government almost sounds like a libertarian form of democracy...

--Adm. Nick

8. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Maybe, but it's hard to say. We don't know what actions the Empire took directly vis a vis Alsakan or the Alsakani. If he elevated prominent citizens to major roles, such as Grand Moff or perhaps a high place among the advisors, they might have backed the New Order in that fashion. They may also have been somewhat sympathetic to Palpatine given his Naboo origin - he may have ruled from Coruscant, but he was not of Coruscant.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, but if Alsakan was almost reflexibly anti-Coruscant even long after it ceased making sense, then I imagine they might have had Rebel sympathies -- or even independently anti-Imperial leanings -- just because the Empire represented the ultimate exaltation of Coruscant.

10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Good points, Jello. I can see the Alsakani offering some support to the Rebellion, but essentially running its own cover rebellion against the Empire as well. It fact, I would love a retcon that adds an 18th Alsakan Conflict during the GCW but one that was more covert and done in shadows or with privateers, as opposed to a direct rebellion or opposition to Coruscant and the Empire.

However, when the world surrenders to Ackbar's forces post-Endor, I imagine that they took some sort of perverse pleasure that Rebels from across the galaxy took over Coruscant and started a New Republic.

--Adm. Nick

11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    So far as I'm conerned Bastion is the bright center of the universe.:D

12. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    That is why I really want to learn that Alsakan did have a Rebel faction, but it was far more independent than even the Corellian or Bothan Rebels. I can see the Alsakani funding privateers and raiders in the Expansion Region, based out of former colonies of theirs. It would be impossible for Alsakan to rise up directly against Coruscant and the Empire given it's proximity and the fact that Azure Hammer Command is at their doorstep. I like this idea because it shows that even millenia later that Alsakan still has some influence over it's former colonies.

--Adm. Nick

13. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I would like to an overall link of the Core Worlds to their colonies - especially the Corellian Hegemony.

I wonder about Alsakan's position during the Clone Wars - all we know is that one of the Bulwark Fleet Campaign battles was fought there, implying that they were a significant member of the Republic to warrant CIS attack. (Information in the Star Wars Gamer 9 article about Alsakan is, unfortunately suspect due to apparent confusion with Alderaan)

14. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Well, don't forget that Alsakan, while anti-Coruscant, is staunchly pro-Republic. That is why I find the world so fascinating. While it may of been for a less centralized version of the Republic, it was still in favor of the Republic's principles and culture. The Trade Federation would probably remind the Alsakani of the old Grand Companies, so I can see why the world remained loyal to the Republic during the Clone Wars. And to the Empire during it's early formative years too.

--Adm. Nick

15. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Was it the Black Fleet Crisis that established the Illodian Sector as basically remaining a mini-empire of Illodia into the New Republic era? I always thought that was interesting, given that most other Core Worlds "colonial" powers A) Lost or never had direct control over their colonies B) Seemed to always colonize worlds outside of the Core itself.

Havac likes this.
  16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Well there is Kuat which seems to have a Hegemony thing going and yep Illodia it from Black Fleet Crisis, though afaik its just worlds setteled from Illodia that still kind of heed their call.

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Atrisia needs love.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    If only so that we know what aspects of the Kitel Phard regalia and stuff that the Emperor adopted for the First Empire. We know from the EGtVV that he liked taking trappings from empires of long past, and we know from the ISB that the Kitel Phard Dynasty was a particular influence -- I'd MUCH prefer it if Palpatine got his inspiration from Atrisia rather than from TOR's "Sith Empire" (which is sadly the logical conclusion of their ripping off of OT stuff).

Gamiel, Zeta1127 and Havac like this.
  19. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Chalk Illodia up as another Core World that deserves some exploring. It is interesting in that it is a major human world in the far Southern Core, which wasn't part of the Republic's initial holdings. Given the closeness that Doman Beruss with the Organa family, it might be fun to retcon that Illodia was a world colonized by Alderaanians between 15,000 - 8,000 BBY, which according to the Atlas is when this part of the Core was explored by the Republic.

--Adm. Nick

20. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, Corellia would be an alternate, considering the "other" Doman Beruss...

21. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Ah yes, I had forgotten about that. :p :oops:

Though, based on the Illodian Doman Beruss, Illodians put off more of a Alderaanian or Coruscant vibe, as opposed to the independent and brash nature of Corellians. Maybe the Beruss name is simply a common human surname, like Antilles or somesuch?

--Adm. Nick

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, the Illodian and Corellian Berusses are related. So I would suspect that the Corellian Doman was an Illodian expatriate. Which makes for a nice indication of interplanetary mobility, but doesn't establish any definitive links.

23. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    In an effort to "jumpstart" some Core discussions, I was thinking it might be fun to choose one planet at a time and discuss it's political leanings, military, and cultural significance. Anybody game to do this? If so, feel free to make some suggestions for a Core World to start with.

--Adm. Nick

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm game. But I'll leave it to someone else to pick a world to start with.

25. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I'm intrigued by some of the little-mentioned city-worlds like Ixtlar, but there's really too little to go on for them - so I'd put forth Humbarine. We've had mention of its particular sphere of influence - the Humbarine Rule - and it being a significant industrial world, a founding member of the Republic. It's puzzling why Sidious would've allowed such an important industrial powerhouse to be basically destroyed by the Separatists, whatever its political leanings. However, it apparently survived as it's listed as one of the significant Imperial fortress worlds in the early NR. Also, speaking of colonies, we know that it was Humbarine that settled both Commenor and Balmorra, two significant non-Core worlds.

AdmiralNick22 and RC-1991 like this.