main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ~*~ The Ewan McGregor Fan Club of the JCC ~*~

Discussion in 'Community' started by Quarantine, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    But - but it isn't Les Miz and all that other "gritty" stuff. They're blockbusters! This one - well, the admittedly quite small audience was totally silent during the movie - totally. It was that powerful.

2. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Very gritty and real! I didn't cry as much as I thought I was going to, perhaps because I knew how it was going to end, but it was a very important movie and Ewan was fantastic as well as Naomi and Tom.

3. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Sounds like The Impossible is pretty much going to be shut OUT of the Oscar noms...we'll see.

Oh, the tears were mainly at the family's reunion and Ewan's scene.

4. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yeah, the family's reunion and Naomi at the end were very moving :) I'm the type of person that honestly cries at *everything* and often. I fell to pieces watching an episode of Mobbed the other day - but in general there were a lot of uplifting moments to this movie as well :)

Valairy Scot likes this.
  5. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    The Oscars... sigh... it's so much about 'buzz' and yeah movies like Les Mis are designed to garner hype. Sigh. It's frustrating in general to know how much heart and hard word he puts into in, and to see him get so close, and see his costars nominated and winning - it feels like what else could he possibly do to get that level of recognition, that he really deserves.

**hard *work* too :p

6. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Eh, I'm not sure Naomi Watts will be nommed, either, so it's not just a case of his co-stars getting nommed and not him. It's that only certain "types" of movies garner the "right" kind of notice, regardless of the merits or lack of otherwise in certain films.

So, fellow cries-at-everything do you cry over books as well? I do.

7. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Books... *scratches head... Do you mean fanfic? :)

Yes, I have been known to tear up when reading as well, although I don't read as much as I used to :( Moreso during movies though, that tragic love story can always get me sobbing, or anything having to do with a daughter

8. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    So only Naomi got a nomination for The Impossible. The movie itself, Ewan and Tom Holland were totally snubbed =((.

History happens yet again that Ewan's female co-star gets nominated and he doesnt [face_shame_on_you]

9. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Sigh... That's what I figured would happen. Well last year it was a 'him'! :p But same story

Veloz likes this.
  10. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh,that's too bad.I really thought this would be the year.:(

I cry when I read books all the time.

11. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Indeed. Hopefully he wont have to wait as long as Plummer did last year to get his statue :oops:

12. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    I totally wonder that! I certainly hope not, but... Ewan is such a natural, and I feel really quiet, humble about his work, I think it goes underrated sometimes. I wonder if its a matter of promoting yourself and Ewan just doesn't do that. In that case - like Plummer - it might come at a later age when people just can't believe he hasn't gotten one yet

13. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah, and he makes it seem effordless. I know most times (to me) his performances dont really feel like acting. He seems to come from such a natural place that his roles just dont seem forced or acted. Part of his talent, and i guess could explain his snubs at times. But i still think his first nomination should have been for Trainspotting. I'm amazed still when i see him in a role like that, and it holds strong even after all this time has gone by.

14. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    I think it's a combination of not promoting himself, and how effortless Ewan makes it look. He doesn't so much "act" as inhabit his character and I think that type of acting is often overlooked. You'd think actors, though (unlike Foreign Critics, etc.) would appreciate that kind of performance.

There weren't even any special effects noms for The Impossible.

Impossible!

15. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah, it's just surprising/frustrating. And i think a few of the ones who have buzz shouldnt have it at all (Zero Dark Thirty, i'm looking at u! :rolleyes:)

16. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Ewan at the golden globes tomorrow! I'm excited :D

17. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Let's hope that he gets the award. :) Fingers crossed.

Iron_lord and serendipityaey like this.
  18. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    He didnt :(, but i had a feeling he wouldnt because Hugh Jackman was ust amazing in Les Miserables.

He sported the Obi-Wan look though

[​IMG]

Gkilkenny and serendipityaey like this.
  19. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Thanks for the picture! I do love when he sports the Obi-Wan look :D

It was fun trying to find him in the audience and stuff and even better to look at, but since he wasn't presenting and didn't win; didn't get to hear that voice :( I really hope he wins someday

20. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    One can only hope they come to their senses at some point.

Here's a funny little article. Someone who agrees with us that the world needs more Ewan :p

http://www.laineygossip.com/Ewan-McGregor-at-the-Golden-Globes-2013/25658

Globes Most Unphotographed: Ewan McGregor

It is hurting me how few photos were taken of Ewan McGregor last night. They were saving their digital cards for...I dunno, Bradley Cooper?

NO!

If Ewan McGregor and Bradley Cooper are on the same carpet, always, always go with Ewan McGregor. You can never go wrong with Ewan McGregor. Look at Ewan McGregor. It will NEVER GET BETTER than Ewan McGregor! Especially when he’s being all cute and huggy with his wife Eve.

.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gkilkenny and serendipityaey like this.
  21. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Sigh... funny article :D But I think he likes it that way ;) I think I've said it before, but him and Eve are so annoyingly adorable! He posted a picture of him and Eve on his Instagram this morning, so cute [face_love] He has the best smile

22. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Oh, that handsome man! Another from Sunday night

[​IMG]

Gkilkenny and Veloz like this.
  23. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Oh that smile and those eyes get me every single time [face_love] and then he speaks and i pass out [face_laugh]

Valairy Scot likes this.
  24. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes! Me too :D lol Maybe it's a good thing he didn't speak at the awards show... Women fall over everywhere!

25. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    For sure [face_laugh]