main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Derp, DERP. Derpitimus Maximus. Derpity deeeeeeerp...

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 4, 2012.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Where does it say he wants rapists to be able to sue?

2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, that source doesn't indicate such a thing. Which, yeah, I think that's a bridge too far for even someone like Paul Ryan. Nobody with any hope whatsoever of national office is going to align themselves with rapists over rape victims. I mean, surely.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Don't be so sure, Ryan's from the same party that had Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin as a 'serious' candidate for Senate.

4. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Honestly Republicans should know by now not to say or mention anything related to women. No matter what they say, positive or negative, it'll come back to bite them.

Rogue1-and-a-half and Juliet316 like this.
  5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Maybe she meant this implication of that bill

http://jezebel.com/5934975/paul-rya...w-rapists-to-stop-their-victims-from-aborting

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Who, IIRC, co- sponsored the aforementioned bill.

I'll research it better later on.

7. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    That sounds like bull to me. The bill would outlaw abortions so why would a rapist need to sue?

8. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I think it was more that they could sue to stop the woman from going to a state that would allow for it. And there's already ridiculous things like rapists filing for visitation time or rape victims being forced to pay child support.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    That is ******* insane. Anyone who would argue that such things should be allowed is reprehensible.

timmoishere, RC-1991, Ramza and 4 others like this.
  10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    [​IMG]
    *headdesk*

Arawn_Fenn and VadersLaMent like this.
  11. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    On behalf of my religion I'd like to apologize for that. As penance I shall slam my head into a wooden plank Monty Python style 1,000 times. Then at church tomorrow I will be sure to bring this up as and educate my sunday school class on why that is a stupid statement.

Though you have to understand, for some they literally can't conceive of anyone not having the Christian worldview and mindset. If your not a Christian, to them the only reason must be because you love and worship Satan. They can't comprehend any other reason, they can't envision not having that mindset. And it doesn't help that so many fortress up in Church and never go out into the 'real' world.

Which is also why Missions in North America is failing, Christians for the most part have no idea how to communicate with non-christians.

Fire_Ice_Death likes this.
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    "To most women, Paul Ryan's ideas are pretty much the political equivalent of menstruating forever." [face_laugh]

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I know at least one or two athiests who'd probably rip that Facebooker a new one for that comment.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Right. Atheists are connecting with the hatefulness of a being they don't believe in.

What a ****ing idiot.

It's true that many fundamentalist Christians (which is distinguishable from "all Christians") believe that any activity or thought process that is remotely separated from the church or the Bible (or should I say church doctrine, which bears little resemblance to the Bible other than the quotes they cherry-pick from it to suit their purposes) must automatically be associated with their imaginary horned dude who lives in the fire pit. The "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality based on fear, keeps church membership up.

timmoishere and GenAntilles like this.
  15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh wow that Facebook post is just incredible. What a tool.

16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Pointed out on facebook: Conservapedia e=mc^2

E=mc² is Einstein's famous formula which asserts that the energy (E) which makes up the matter in any body is equal to the square of the speed of light () times the mass (m) of that body.[1] It is a statement that purports to relate all matter to energy. In fact, no theory has successfully unified the laws governing mass (i.e., gravity) with the laws governing light (i.e., electromagnetism), and numerous attempts to derive E=mc² in general from first principles have failed. Political pressure, however, has since made it impossible for anyone pursuing an academic career in science to even question the validity of this nonsensical equation. Simply put, E=mc² is liberal claptrap.

[​IMG]

17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Fixed.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Biblical Scientific Foreknowledge predicts that a unified theory of all the laws of physics is impossible, because light and matter were created at different times, in different ways, as described in the Book of Genesis.

You are frigging kidding me. :oops:

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  20. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Can we just lock all of the anti-vaxers in a room somewhere with smallpox? Those that survive will be taught the value of vaccines. Those that don't...well...no big loss.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    It'd be nice, but I'd worry about any disease we give anti - vaxxers mutating and then one of them escaping and passing it along, potentially causing an epidemic.

22. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    That's why you bury the room deep, deep underground.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Today's leftderp: left-wing columnist comes up with the batpoop crazy claim that the 2nd Amendment was created in order to preserve slavery:
    http://truth-out.org/news/item/13890-the-second-amendment-was-ratified-to-preserve-slavery

Look, it's one thing to be for gun control; it's another to try to back up your beliefs with bizarre historical revisionism in an attempt to create a 2nd Amendment supporter = slavery meme.

In related leftderp/gun control news, a Virginia Democratic State Representative thought it would be a great idea to make his point about the need for gun control by waving around an (actual, real, not-a-toy) AK-47 on the floor of the Virginia House of Delegates:
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/virgi...e-on-house-floor/article/2518986#.UPmCMUbCz8A

Now that's some good derp!

24. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    What exactly does this prove? That there are a lot of idiots on Facebook? I knew that already. The list of people on Facebook who aren't idiots would probably be shorter.

Looking to Facebook comments to find opposing arguments to demolish is a form of cherry-picking; and one that anyone from any side of the political fence could do. Criticizing the other side's leaders or commentators is perfectly valid; going out and looking for the dumbest people on a social media site who disagree with you just so you can complain about them seems to me to be more masochistic than anything else.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think you're reading way too much into this thread and politicizing what isn't there...