main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST All Officially Confirmed INFO HERE (see last page)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I really hope they wreck the hell out of Yuuzhan Vong with the ST. They're a little 'red devil with horns and a pitch fork' kinds of obvious. Especially in terms of character design.

Mange likes this.
  2. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    I don't think they fit at all in the aesthetic of Star Wars, but that is just me. Reminds me too much of Hellraiser. In fact don't the Vong get pleasure from physical pain?

3. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Hey, I didn't know he had a Twitter. Thx!

4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    I will say he has been looking thinner recently, dyed his hair a bit. Pretty obvious why that is.

He has also been associating himself more with Star Wars lately from what I hear. He was slightly stand-offish about Star Wars in the past.

5. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Well he apparently knew about the ST in 2010 or 2011... so I would know they want me back. If I were him I'd get in shape and demand a sizeable sum of money...

6. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    It will be cool to see him back in shape and wearing a Jedi costume again.
    Agreed on all counts! Vong belongs to somewhere else!

7. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    They can remain in the EU, but lets not have the Vong as starring in the ST. I wouldn't mind if one walked by on Coruscant or something

8. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I absolutely agree with that. The Yuuzhan Vong seems to have been influenced by the eighties and nineties biopunk trend with everything from supersoldiers to the Vong to the Borg and the bio-neural gelpacks of Star Trek. Not very original.

9. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    I also want to clarify that you can absolutely do horror elements in Star Wars. But its gotta be pulpy and Ray Harryhausen esque. Like Medusa from the original Clash of the Titans. That would fit VERY well into Star Wars. But something explicitly so? Nah.

I think the Vong are just a reminder that Lucas doesn't give a crap about EU.

10. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Bad news, guys: Episode VII may not even start shooting until next year. Another Kathleen Kennedy project, Jurassic Park 4, was just announced, and its coming out summer 2014. The kicker here is that principal photography hasn't started, and the director hasn't even been announced yet! If that's anything to go by, we may have a long, long, long, LOOONNGGG time to go before any substantial info comes out about Episode VII. The previous Star Wars films went into production two years before the release date, but this is a different company with a different staff, so who knows what they're going to do? This is backed up by Kathleen's tweet about 2014 being the year Episode VII gears up. We may not even get a director announcement until next year. Just a heads up guys. :_|

11. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Its not terribly surprising, I didn't really believe Bob Iger's comment that Star Wars was in theaters by 2015. I felt it was a year premature. I think 2016 is a much more logical date. Especially considering that Avengers 2 comes out in that time frame. I don't understand why Disney would want to potentially cannibalize their franchises by releasing them in the same summer.

But pre-production will be well underway during the summer. Plenty of leaks will spill through once they start casting calls.

BTW, I don't think it matter much what goes on with JP4. Frank Marshall has a much more prominent role in that production then Kennedy does.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Nope. You're wrong IMO. Because if you're right Disney is screwing up BIG TIME. To make an announcement that they plan a 2015 release only to push the movie back another year would be disastrous.

However, I could see it heppening if their plans fell through, like say the BIG 3 refuse to be in the movie or two of the 3 etc... And this seems like a possibility by Carrie's open letter, in which case this movie and the ST en large is in deep poodoo anyway. IF they had to alter thrie plans and re-cast the BIG 3 as well the ST is doomed and SW dies a very quick and ingloruious death.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  13. Corvax855

Jan 23, 2011
    You misunderstood my post. I think Disney/Lucasfilm WILL make the 2015 release, but post-production will be much shorter than the previous films. Indy 4, for example, started shooting on June 18, 2007, and hit theaters in May of 2008. Episode VII may follow a similar pattern, which means we won't be getting any substantial news for a very, very long time. It may not be until around spring of next year that we get a director and cast announcement. Kathleen Kennedy kind of alluded to this in one of her tweets, where she said to expect a few surprises this year, but 2014 will be the year Star Wars really gets into high gear. I can only assume that's because they're going to follow this Indy 4, Jurassic Park 4, etc, pattern of production.

If that's the case, what does this mean for Episode VII? Well, like I said, the post-production time will be signifcantly less, so it may not be as SFX heavy as we think. They might be able to hammer it out a lot more quickly than the previous six.

14. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    That might be a good thing. Puppets anyone?

15. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Almost halfway through January, and 0 news from LFL. We may have to wait until SDCC.

16. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Hey if they announce in July, birthday present! :p

17. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    I hope that they will make some major announcement during Celebration Europe II in July. Especially since I will be there :D

18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I can't imagine trying to hammer out all the SPFX for a SW film in a matter of months when they'd otherwise have a year plus. Besides, KK already said pre-production was to begin this spring.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    BTW, a producer can handle multiple projects at the time. Its much more difficult for a director.

A producer, most of the time, doesn't even have to be on set. In a project of this magnitude most of her contributions will be done mainly in pre-production. During actual production, considering that Disney will spare no expense, she is largely there to coordinate personnel between departments.

20. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Sorry to keep stepping on your dreams buddy. :)

21. Corvax855

Jan 23, 2011
    Look, I'm on your side; I hope full-on production begins this year, and we get a slew of announcements, but that may not be the case. Pre-production is basically everything that happens between the film being greenlit, and the shoot (or regular production), so who knows where they're at right now? They could still be scouting locations, and Michael Arndt may not have even started writing the screenplay yet. Remember in the official announcement, they said he was going to write the screenplay, not that he was already working on it. Again, we just don't know, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about there being significant announcements this year. We might get some tidbits here and there, such as a web doc with Lucas working with the art team, or Arndt writing the script. However, if production starts next year, we're not going to get the sort of meaty info everyone's craving until then.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    THE ABSENCE OF COMPROMISED INFORMATION RESEMBLES IRON DAGGERS STABBING AWAY UPON MINE SOUL!!!

Darth Chiznuk and Echo-07 like this.
  23. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Well release dates could always vary and change. 2015 will be huge for popcorn blockbuster films and Disney will be releasing two in the summer.

I dunno, maybe I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that Disney owns LFL now and SW. [face_hypnotized]

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Personally, I always felt that the 2015 date was REALLY premature. I think Disney would be wise to move that to 2016. Its not too far ahead as to have this project spinning its wheels. But it adds enough distance for a director to take their time, and post production stuff to have more breathing room.

25. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Joss Whedon would probably have been the directer of episode VII except he has to make avengers 2 instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.