main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mother Talzin (Season 6)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalgus, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Since Dave Filoni confirmed that we will be seeing her again in season 6 what will her role be ?
    DISCUSS

whostheBossk and Huyang like this.
  2. scarecrow007

scarecrow007 Jedi Master

Jan 5, 2013
    Getting up Maul on his feet and resurrecting Savage .

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  3. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003

Has to be something like that, for her plotline and prophecies to make sense

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    She will be Palpatine's lover.

5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Perhaps Palpatine will use Maul (rather than kill him) to hunt her down, and we get to see Sidious handle his dirty business in person one last time.

I would quite gladly accept this outcome.

Cevan and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Maul returns to Talzin after Savage is killed. Talzin gives him an enchanted belt to track down Savage who is secretly still alive somewhere in the Outer Rim. Maul finds him delirious with mechanical bunny legs forged by the Dark Side, because the Dark Side is a jerk.

7. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Bunny Legs. No thanks.

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Talzin: "Oh Sidious, how are you able to do that?!"
    Sidious: "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Creepy Witch is creepy​

Darkslayer likes this.
  10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wonderful, Maul and Savage will be like Kenny McCormick. They always come back. =b

Talzin is up to her own plans, season 6 will reveal those to be galactic domination as well.

11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    This reminds me that Asajj must not "fall" this season. Otherwise the odds of the TCW crew ever addressing her convoluted plan involving Asajj and Savage plummet [face_frustrated]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    About Talzin, I'm still not entirely sure what her game is. Back in Season 3 she helps Ventress in her quest to get revenge on Dooku and turns Savage Opress into the beast he is now, then he eventually turns against his master Dooku and even Ventress and Talzin is there to help him, sending him out into the galaxy in search of his brother Maul (wreaking havoc on the way), whom he in Season 4 finds and brings back to Talzin who heals Maul and sends the two brothers off into the galaxy, which leads them to become allies with Death Watch in Season 5. She already created a big problem for the galaxy with Savage and then she helps throwing Maul in there as well, which is pretty much a big middle finger to the galaxy (or two). Does she really not care about the galaxy and the damage she does to it by assisting these guys? And does she really have anything to gain from all this or does she just do it because she feels obliged to since the ones she have helped are "children of Dathomir" as she would put it?

13. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Nexumaster

I am interested in how they are going to work out that big ball of wax.

Which is why I say that Asajj better not die this season, because then it's sort of a cop out in which it will become incredibly unlikely that her role in Talzin's plans will be addressed. Same for Maul. If both die, then that's absolutely miserable in that Talzin's just going to look like a mindless idiot doing things for no reason.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    About Ventress, I wonder what would happen if she got to know that Talzin has gone behind her back by actively assisting Savage, one of her biggest enemies; it would be really interesting if they eventually put that in the show.

15. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Talzin's plans have completely baffled me thus far, and I cannot imagine what she's possibly trying to accomplish here. Her plans directly led to the destruction of her entire clan and left her isolated with no link to the galaxy at large except through Maul and Savage, both of whom serve little to no chance of accomplishing anything significant in the rest of their lives because Clone Wars continuity doesn't have any room for a pair of resurgent Sith to take over worlds and exterminate hundreds of Jedi, which is the only thing either of them seem to care about. And Talzin's utter carelessness with the lives of her people leads me to question if she even cared for them at all in the first place.

Y'know, considering how much collateral damage her plans have inflicted thus far, I'm slowly becoming convinced that she's really a human, not a Dathomirian, and her only long-term goal is to uproot or otherwise destroy the Dathomirian race so she can lead the human Nightsisters back to prominence on Dathomir. It's literally the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Original Oatmeal and rumblewagon like this.
  16. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Maybe she has no plan. Some people just want to see the galaxy burn...

17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    She's already been shown to be way too lucid to turn her into Space-Joker now.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  18. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Millionaire Nightsister Matchmaker: On Dathomir, Mother Talzin runs a dating service. In season 6, watch Talzin play matchmaker, as she tries to find Mr. Right for her client, Asajj Ventress.
    [​IMG]

19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The Bachelorette.

20. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    When has that been shown exactly?

21. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003

...In that she has in no way been shown to be chaotic and everything that she has done has been very precisely in response to something.

-Asajj asks her for help, she lends two Nightsisters to help assassinate Dooku (and it was implied that Dooku and Talzin have had previous dealings) - the plan fails.

-Talzin then presents a bunch of zabrak to Asajj and leaves the choice up to Asajj as to which one she wants to participate in another plot on Dooku's life. Asajj picks Savage who is turned into a beast and put under Asajj's control - plot fails when Savage breaks free.

-Savage goes to Talzin for help protecting himself from Asajj, the Jedi and Dooku, and Talzin sends Savage to find Maul for training.

-Asajj returns to Talzin after the plan involving Savage fails and Talzin welcomes her as a Nightsister and is willing to use her entire clan to oppose the CIS while Talzin meanwhile tries to take out Dooku

-Maul is back in the picture and begins to rally the underworld to take out "Kenobi, this Sith pretender Dooku..."

-And we know from the trailer that Maul's actions will pull Sidious into the picture.

Dooku/the Sith are the common denominator in all of Talzin's actions. She is betraying the trust of Savage and Asajj by assisting the other, but every plan seems to target Dooku either directly or indirectly. No mention has been made as to whether or not it is personal between Talzin and Dooku, or whether Sidious is also on Talzin's hit list.

This is not Joker behavior and it would be a terrible character turn IMO to turn her into some Star Wars equivalent when there's no indication of wanton chaos being her goal. Everything has been coordinated against a single enemy and it all began when an estranged member of her clan comes to her for help after Dooku betrays her.

As far as why Talzin is very hands off with Maul, I would suspect because there is a danger in meeting Maul face-to-face. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would cooperate with her or be prone to take orders. She restored him and then made a quick exit. She probably hopes that Dooku would be Savage and Maul's common enemy and trusts them to make a move against the Sith on their own while she can sit back and watch.

If Sidious ends up winning that confrontation and if Maul survives (he's shown on the receiving end of Sidious' Force lightning in the trailer), where else is he going to go after being so thoroughly humbled? I'd imagine he'd go back to Dathomir in search of Talzin who had saved his life and who had helped Savage find him. And then I figure her plans will be explored.

I personally hope that her desires aren't to be a Sith herself and be a revival of the "Sith witch" concept.

22. Digladio

Digladio Jedi Master star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    All of her machinations seem to be part of a larger revenge plot against Sidious. I think a final showdown between the two characters is inevitable, and when Sidious wins, we'll find out that he knew more about sorcery and dark side magics than we thought.[face_skull]

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I sense.....RETCONS.

SithStarSlayer and Sitara like this.
  24. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Good to hear she'll be back. I'm just kind of holding out hope that maybe one of the things she's doing is rebuilding the Nightsisters, at least a teeny tiny bit. of the three that had names in the Nightsisters arc, only two of them showed up to be killed in "Massacre". Maybe the third one's been out recruiting or something.

Seerow likes this.
  25. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Hopefully, Palpatine can activate his Lightsaber...

Original Oatmeal and rumblewagon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.