main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    No lol @ Chelsea?

lol @ Rafa

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    A Bradford vs. Swansea League Cup Final would be amazing.

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    i just came here to post something to this effect.

i think i would support Swansea in this proposed game.

in other news, a perusal of today's Evening Standard states that United and Palace are discussing a deal AS WE SPEAK for Zaha. £12m deal, with the potential Nani-replacement going back on loan to help with Palace's promotion push. it does make sense, although I would be disappointed to lose Nani.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed, Nani is good when on form.

On which wing does Zaha play?

5. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    i think he can play all along the front line but for Palace he plays primarily on the left. i'd say he's best on the left.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, left is more what we need given Young's tendency to get injured & Giggs being ancient.

He should be used as a winger, one thing United do not need is more strikers (got 6 already, maybe 7 if you count Bebe)

7. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    i don't think one should ever count Bebe.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  8. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I hear Macheda's got a big future, too.

epic likes this.
  9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Given we don't do much with Mcheda or Henriquez I don't see the point in buying another striker who will sit around or get loaned out while Ferguson rotates the 4 main guys.

So Zaha would definately be better used as a winger

10. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Potential player of his Generation

11. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
  12. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I can't see Fellaini going till the summer unless Everton get into the Champions league

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    If we don't finish 4th, then I honestly wouldn't begrudge him a move. To leave before that has or hasn't come to pass however, would be inconsiderate.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    If Lampard is going to leave then someone would have to come in and replace him. Fellaini could be that person since he is more in Frank's style so he would compliment Mata & Hazard & Oscar who are the creative ones.

He shouldn't leave until the summer though, since that is when Lampard will leave Chelsea.

15. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Fellaini would be a great buy. Wouldnt begrudge him in the United midfield.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    He would be good for United, although we would still need some more stregnth in midfield in terms of a box-to-box or defensive player.

We have enough trouble fitting Kagawa into the team as it is, Fellaini can play deeper which is useful but where exactly he would play is hard to say.

17. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    he's useful going forward but i assumed he's a better fit further back playing more defensively, using his size to boss the midfield. certainly that's what United would use from him, because there's enough going on up front.

but we won't compete with Chelsea. plus they have Hazard so have the Belgium connection.

18. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    The only thing against Fellaini (than temperament) is that this Everton side is basically setup to cater to his mood. If he's of a mind to play deeper, then he does. Likewise if he's of a mind to go forward, then that's what he does. In both sets of circumstances Everton are setup to accommodate it. Because he's our best player. If he finds himself at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge he's not going to get that freedom. He'll have to accommodate others of greater talent and experience. Might not stand out so much, then. Or be as effective.

19. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed, I've seen Berbatov at times get frustrated with his fellow Fulham players because he's made a good run or got into a decent position and they either don't notice or fail to deliver him the right kind of ball. He is a player of class and a level above most of his team-mates, but if he wants better service he should have gone elsewhere.

20. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm not sure I follow your comparison. Berbatov is a league about his Fulham teammates. Fellaini is Everton's best player, yes, but he's not so far above that he becomes frustrated by the limitations of others. He fits Everton like a glove. We're setup to play to his strengths. Move to United or Chelsea and he wouldn't have that luxury.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Both guys would dislike being in a team where they are not the focus, Fellaini is in one right now where he is the man and the team is built around him whereas Berbatov is not but wants to be.

While Berbatov went from a big team (where he was surplus to requirements) to a team not able to get the best out of him, Fellaini is in a team that suits him but may move to a team that is either too good or too much at his level that he won't stand out or be the focus anymore.

22. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    Jon Walters. LEGEND.

23. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    He just wanted to show he's better than Ivanovic

24. epic

Jul 4, 1999