main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Official NFL Discussion Thread (Now Featuring Time's Person of the Year, Taylor Swift!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PRENNTACULAR, Nov 25, 2006.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm... not even sure where you're getting the "manning is shocked to be playing in the weather" thing at all. do you think he didn't consider that when he chose denver? that's just irrational manning hatred, because the statement makes 0 sense. at all. he played outdoors in december and was just fine. i don't think he has a problem playing outside, if he's used to it.

i really don't even know what to say in response to some of that. because it's non-sensical.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Trimaj this may surprise you but the average temperature in Denver is like 46 for December and January. The cold snowy month here is March. Not much football played then. Plus, I'm pretty sure his choices of Denver was more about Elway than weather. Not to mention sj quoted a fact there about Peyton.

solojones likes this.
  3. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i was talking about the part i quoted inty. the part about him seeming shocked to be playing in that kind of weather. that's the part that makes no sense, because i don't see how it can be true. yes, i'm sure elway had a lot to do with his choice. but i just don't see how he doesn't at least consider the stadium and field, and things connected to that.

and no, i didn't know about the weather in there being that in those months. but i find it hard to believe it's colder in tennessee in those months on a fairly regular basis. that... is just weird.

4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    This game is awesome

DarthIntegral likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005

6. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  8. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Part of me wonders if the Seahawks have left too much time on the clock for the Falcons to go down and get a field goal. :p

Juliet316 and Point Given like this.
  9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Matt Bryant was on my fantasy team. Be a hero, bro!

10. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I rest my case.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    what... what the hell just happened on the kick?

13. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I swear to god if this ends on a Hail Mary completion...

EDIT: And that, Russell Wilson, Pete Carroll, replacement refs...is an INTERCEPTION.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well. that was needlessly dramatic.

DarthTunick likes this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Were both coaches trying to lose there at the end?

s65horsey likes this.
  16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Icing the kicker is such a stupid thing to do. They would have won without that. Good job, Pete. I really don't like him at all, but I really wanted Atlanta to lose. I love Tony G but I don't really like the idea of him being rewarded for jumping ship. Also, I would have much rather played Seattle at home in SF than go to Atlanta. Ugh.

Obviously he knows it's cold there, I'm not saying he didn't. I'm saying I think he has, throughout his career, seemed overwhelmed by the cold. He probably thought it wouldn't be a big deal. He was clearly wrong. He's awful in the cold and it's part of why he's bad in the playoffs. Guess that happens when you spend most of your career playing arena football.

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    What a ridiculously exciting ending to that game... me & my brother both yelling at the television, amazed at what we we're seeing... it's just too bad Seattle (well, Carroll) ****** up at the end there by icing the kicker. Oh well, time to root for San Francisco.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I am still kind of shocked at how much Seattle pissed that away. As soon as they scored that FG, my whole family was shaking our heads and saying there was too much time left on the clock. Evidently they didn't watch the Ravens game.

19. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Me & my brother had that some conversation, figuring Seattle could have burned some clock before running a play for Lynch to score.

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    manning didn't exactly look awful to me. two mistakes. he made two mistakes. one, that should have been negated by a PI a lot earlier in the game that they pretty much overcame and that throw in overtime. other than that he played pretty well, so saying that he was clearly awful is a bit hyperbolic.

21. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I'll let the 0-4 record in playoff games under 40 degrees speak for itself. That's not coincidence.

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, the texans game certainly started out well for the texans.

the broncos as a team didn't precisely play that well rachel. nor was the play-calling terribly inspired. it was a team thing, not just one player. manning played fairly well. i'm not talking about the other 3 games, i'm talking about the last one.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    No. It didn't. Great start for the Patriots I'd say. 94 yard kickoff return and only a field goal? That's a win for New England.

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    the very start was good. what followed after... not so much. although the texans D sure stepped up on that first drive.

25. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Yeah Aaron is really good at beating 40 year old quarterbacks with a career ending injury and 1st year rookies. it still dousn't change the fact that the season record was 1-1 and that was because they were at their respective fields. you won the postseason game because joe web had played 3 games in his entire career. plus you were at lambeu.

Who beat the 49ers when they played them, and who lost to them twice? Don't get me wrong i'm not sure if ponder would have won but i'm pretty sure he had a pretty good hope.