main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    blu-ray is the way to go.The animation is absolutely stellar, even the Season 1 episodes look great. Watching the Geonosis trilogy or Umbara in blu-ray is so worth it though.

BTW I definitely see Obi-Wan on the cover this year, it's really between him and Ahsoka, Rex hasn't really been used at all so he isn't an option.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Get the DVD sets unless you really care about visual bliss (TCW season 4 Blu-ray set is on my list of Blu-rays to use when I want to show off my HDTV's picture quality). Otherwise the Blu-ray sets may not be worth it. The special features are pretty lacking Paul22Scholes.

3. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    lol sorry about that seerow. i'm new to this site (Member Since: Friday)

Bo-Katan likes this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Welcome to LACWAC. -fist bump!- If you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me.

Paul22Scholes likes this.
  5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm a complete visual and audio-phile, so I definitely go for the Blu-Rays. There's not that much price difference between Blu-Ray and DVD now anyway.

As I live in the UK, I have to watch TCW on my computer. It's like watching the episodes for the first time again when I watch the Blu-Rays.

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Even compared to the HD broadcast in the US, I still feel like I'm watching the episodes for the first time when I get the blu rays.

7. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    Umbara is phenomenal on Blu-Ray...I honestly don't know anyone who buys dvds anymore...it doesn't make sense to waste the money on a dvd version of something if there's a BD counterpart. TCW in HD just keeps getting better and better - think about that D-squad explosion....sooo beautiful.

8. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I usually just wait a month and then get the Blu Ray set for $20 or less on eBay. A lot of people seem to buy a BR, watch it once and then sell it at a significant loss. [face_dunno]

Seerow likes this.
  9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Ughh... I'm salivating.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I get that same rush. TCW looks gorgeous in full 1080 in correct aspect ration. None of the crappy macroblocking that happens on the CN broadcasts during fast action. I gotta say even with Umbara where I'd already watched the episodes several times I noticed new details popping out. Still I'm not a video or audiophile, except when I really like something like TCW. Its a $10usd diff on Amazon and $25 diff to walk into BestBuy and pick it up here.

11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Wrong! The episode commentary videos with Filoni and crew are always great. The S1 are awesome because there is a video commentary for every episode. S2 and 3 not quite as awesomely plentiful because only one video commentary per arc. S4 is great though because there is a long round table commentary with Filoni and crew for every arc as they watch the episodes and there are a lot of funny parts. All the sets are worth it for the awesome blu ray visuals.

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Nah, the commentaries are cool but I mostly find they just say alot of the same stuff that was already in the episode commentaries, even with the S4 arcs. My favorite special features are the few deleted scenes in some of them, particularly the Rako Hardeen arc. One of those suckers really backs up my analysis of that arc.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    What you don't like Filoni talking about all of the pillows on his bed?? :)

Barriss_Coffee and Seerow like this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL...

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Does he really?

Never mind, I am soooo not asking why...

16. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka should get the cover for the final TCW season. It would make more sense that way. I vote for Obi-Wan for season 5. Though I get the feeling that he will probably never get a TCW season cover.

17. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I love sifting through the Jedi Archives special feature. Looking at all the models isolated from the backgrounds, the pre-renders, it's all very interesting to me.

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ahsoka should not be on any cover, but Obi-Wan deserves to be on the S5 cover, but S5 has the most Ahsoka episodes so maybe the S5 cover will have Ahsoka...

Uggghhh.. Umbara... I do not like it, but the visuals look nice and creative.

Speaking of extras, that really makes me think what will they do for Season five since the commentaries in S5 are much more complex and bigger than the little there was for S4.

And Speaking of visuals, I really do not want to see Mustafar next week... so do not want to see. It makes me hate TCW for overusing Mustafar for what it is not.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I dunno, Mustafar makes me think of an army born from hell. Could be great symbolism. I guess they could insert random lava world C into there.

Ahsoka is one of the main characters in the show so she is bound to get a cover eventually.

20. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Do you go by number of episodes they appear in as a main character or their appearances throughout the entire season?

21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Do you go by number of episodes they appear in as a main character or their appearances throughout the entire season?[/quote]

Obi-Wan is in only one arc, but Ahsoka is the only main cast member that appears in 3 arcs.

Symbolism.. yes... but any lave world would work for such symbolism. Mustafar was supposed to be a remote CIS world owned by Wat Tambor's Techno Union. But since ROTS, it has become a former Jedi haven and a resting place for HK-47 and was training ground for Maul and home for Sidious and this week it will also now be a Black Sun base location... TOO much.

She will get one.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, going back to Mustafar over and over again is not my cup of tea.

It reminds me of Dark Horse Comics' rule against going to Tatooine.

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Apart from Legacy, but it made sense there. ;)

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Hmm, I don't class Onderon arc as a proper arc for her. She was mainly a background character in that, not really doing much with that one focusing on the rebels (I think you are forgetting Anakin and Obi-Wan were in that arc as well, again as background characters but they can still be classed as main characters as appearing in that arc - actually in every arc that has aired so far this year Obi-Wan has featured in, in some capacity, whether its small, medium or large). Young Jedi is more about the kids then Ahsoka, though I do agree she is a main cast member in that but less of one, but then also Obi-Wan was a main cast member in 'Bound For Rescue.' Ahsoka's big episode in that arc, for me, was A Necessary Bond. Whereas the kids had the first three episodes. Then of course there is her big arc coming up.

Ahsoka may have featured in three big arcs but if you count both Anakin and Obi-Wan's appearances in them, Anakin has a total of 2 arcs (Onderon and presumably the finale arc), Obi-Wan has 3, possibly 4 if he features in the finale at all (Maul, Onderon, Young Jedi), Ahsoka as you say has 3.

What can I say? I'm trying to convince myself that this is Kenobi's turn to be on the cover :p

Heck if Yoda can be on the Season 2 cover and feature in 3 episodes (?) to get that.... :p

25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    hlc88

Ahsoka has a main role in 8 episodes: "Onderon arc" and "Young Jedi arc".

Obi-Wan has a main role in 3 episodes, "Revival", "A War on Two Fronts" and "Bound for Rescue".

Obviously Obi-Wan will have a big role in the next arc, but Ahsoka will have a big role in the finale. My point is that Ahsoka has clearly been the main focus this season. She actually deserves the cover.

IMO, Anakin was the main focus of Seasons 1, 2 and 4 while Ahsoka has Seasons 3 and 5.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.