main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CGI New Republic Show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kyris Cavisek, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Come on don't spoil the fun!
    Didn't Canderous Ordo fight some Vong reconnaissance fleet during the Mandalorian Wars? I remember him mention something like that in KOTOR.

By the way, Blackhole (Cronal) could also serve as a main villain.
    He was in contact with Jerec (Sariss was his daughter), he served the Emperor during Operation Shadow Hand (he captured Mara) and he probably gave Carnor Jax a platoon of Shadowtroopers.

2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am happy with anything that is not Palpy and not just a carbon-copy of Palpy or figure with the same motivations as Palpy. AS great as Thrawn is, he is a creation of an author that combines both Vader and Palpy so to fill the void the fans felt after Endor.

I won't... I got my point across.
    I am sure something juicy for fans can come from making TV or movies with the best parts of post-endor EU/

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I wouldn't want to see any more Sith. I figure a lightsaber twirling baddie is inevitable, and for that I'd rather there just be a schism with another Jedi falling to the Dark Side, but not becoming a Sith. Kind of a semantics issue in the long run, since he/she would be filling the same basic role, but the Sith are dead, the link they had established over the prior millennium was wiped out by Vader, and it just cheapens things if they can just pop back up like weeds.

I had a fanon idea outlined in the Episode VII forum that would kind of link the concept of extragalactic invaders, further explore the concept of Balance of the Force (which is still horribly vague and was worthless to even bring up in the films), and would involve following one of Leia's kids as the protagonist.

Basically:

PT: mirrors the rise of the Roman Empire to an extent
    OT: Shows the instability as the Rebels fight to take down the Emperor
    ST: would show outside forces capitalizing on the instability, like the Germanic tribes sweeping through the weakened Roman Empire, the Manchus coming from the north to conquer Ming China, etc.

I tried to look at things realistically, such as the fact that Luke just went AWOL during the Battle of Endor without telling anyone but Leia. He voluntarily surrendered himself to Vader and the Emperor without a fight and everything that transpired aboard the Death Star would remain unknown to everyone but Luke, who just shows up once the battle is over. I also assume that the fact that Vader is Luke's dad would get out and probably paint the Jedi in a bad light since Anakin Skywalker was complicit in the Emperor's rise to power.

So as Luke begins to rebuild the Jedi Order, he would not get a pat on the back by the Republic. Leia and Han would remain his friends and not think any less of him. But as power begins to shift back to the senate rather than a small group of Luke's friends, he would be ostracized and forbidden to rebuild the Jedi Order on Coruscant.

His treatment would be similar to the treatment of Samurai under the Tokugawa shogunate. Samurai had fought a civil war for a little of 100 years before the Tokugawa shogunate. They held castles and large estates and warred with each other. But once the Shogunate was re-established they were given the choice of owning land but forfeiting their weapons, or remaining Samurai but forfeiting land ownership.

Luke would be able to remain a Jedi and rebuild the Jedi Order, but the Republic would do what it could to control them by neutering their ability to instigate a repeat of the Clone Wars by keeping them out of politics and forbidding them to participate in war. Leia would not become a Jedi and would remain in politics, but one or more of her kids would become Jedi.

During this time of re-structuring and instability, an extra-galactic enemy (or some enemy from the Galaxy but outside known space) would sweep through and carve a path to Coruscant and sack and pillage the planet. The Jedi would be kept sidelined throughout the brief war due to the Senate forbidding them to interfere. Luke would be faced with the option to follow senate orders or do what he believed to be right and disobey orders in order to go off and fight to protect the weak Republic. A schism would form among the Jedi with some going off to fight and some deciding to stay.

Luke would go off to the Outer Rim to rally the disorganized forces there that were largely left ignored as the invaders made a blitz to Coruscant.

One of the Jedi that stayed behind would fall to the Dark Side and assume a position of power over his fellow Jedi that remained behind and they would all fall too.

It would be revealed that there were turn coats in the senate that "opened the city gates" so to speak to facilitate the invasion and give the invaders a clear shot at the capital in exchange for wealth and positions of power, but instead they would be abruptly betrayed and murdered.

Luke would return to rally what remained of the Jedi but would be surprised to find out that his students had fallen to the Dark Side and he would be betrayed and murdered.

It would then fall on one or more of Leia's kids to rally the broken galaxy, defeat the fallen Jedi and repel the invaders. The Dark Jedi would then be usurp the invading forces and take power.

The concept of Balance would be further explained and revised in a way that is more consistent with Dawn of the Jedi and Mortis and show that the Jedi's concept of balance was "misread."

It would be that the Jedi and Sith are two polarized views, each that rejects an essential element of the natural Force and that the Force is struggling to self-regulate itself. That when the Jedi became dominant in the Galaxy for 1,000 years, the Dark Side grew stronger but then tipped the balance to the Dark Side. Anakin was then conceived of by the Midichlorians to become a champion of the Light Side to counterbalance things. However, once Anakin is killed, Luke's New Jedi Order would again skew the balance in favor of the Light Side causing the Force to manifest itself in the Galaxy and facilitate the corruption of the 1/2 of Luke's Jedi Order that stayed behind.

The solution would then be for the characters to form a new ideology and a way to balance Dark and Light - as the Jedi precursors did in Dawn of the Jedi - so that they would not polarize the Force around them.

I am aware that this would likely retcon a bunch of stuff, but I expect that to happen anyway.

4. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I really like your new avatar! Tikkes with a glass of wine... He, he...

5. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree, we don't need to get into the little things... even gloss over Palpy clones...

6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Not bad, not convinced, but the in world History sold me on alot of stuff...

7. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe in the ST, we can get a Sith Triumvirate. Which makes far more sense than the Rule of Two.

Historically looking at the two Roman Triumvirates, it works well, with each not being the master of the others, protecting each other because they have need of one another. Yet when one oversteps his bounds, the other two put them in their place. Now with two, you fall back into the rule of two, but where both are competing to be the Master... unless they understood that if the two of them were to reintroduce a third that the whole thing would fall apart. Unfortunately they won't, cause both will see the other as the obstacle to supreme power, trying to eliminate each other. Both could take apprentices to gain the upper hand, so you have two warring Sith Lords from a broken Triumvirates. Each former Triumvir with an Understudy. The reigning Sith Lord who wins out in turn creates an Apprentice Triumvirate, each with a purpose, or unknowing of each other. Should they decide to gang up on the master, you know have 3 more Sith Lords to fight, if they decide to fight it out, when there is one Master, one Apprentice... Outside forces can kill one of the two starting the Triumvir Cycle all over again...

For the historical perspective, look at this...
    First Roman Triumvirate... (Was in Secret as Supposed Enemies) Julius Caesar, Crassus, and Pompey
    Crassus is Defeated by outside forces...
    Pompey becomes Consul, Caesar crosses the Rubicon with his Army... War...
    Caesar wins out, becomes Consul for life...

Caesar Assassinated by Senate

Second Triumvirate... (Was Common Knowledge) Created to Bring Senate to Justice for Caesar's Murder
    Augustus Caesar, Mark Anthony, and Lepidus.
    Lepidus accused of usurping power and loses power...
    Mark Anthony and Caesar War... Caesar Wins out... Becomes Emperor...

Let's not forget that Mark Anthony was Julius Caesar's right hand man, Augustus was Julius Caesar's, nephew and adopted son.

If you add in the Cleopatra effect where both Julius Caesar and Mark Anthony were her lovers, with Julius Caesar fathering a son of Caesarion "Little Caesar"

A new Triumvir could rise in secret if the "Lepidus" were to train the "Caesarion" and two more abitious dark siders in the ways of the Sith...

It could be the Sith Order that never ends :D...

All Yoda had to say was "Always three there are, no more no less..." (Don't include the Master Apprentice thing)...

8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    The Sith all have some kind of links, no matter how tentative to the original Sith Empire.

Original Sith Empire under individuals like Ajunta Pall
    Freedon Nadd corrupted by Naga Sadow of the Original Sith Empire
    Exar Kun is corrupted by Freedon Nadd who was corrupted by Naga Sadow of the Original Sith Empire
    Revan was corrupted by Vitiate of the Original Sith Empire

[...]

Ruin founds a Sith Empire (my understanding is that this period isn't fleshed out greatly
    Ruin's Empire eventually transitions into the Brotherhood which eventually ties into Bane.
    Bane founds the Rule of Two and gives rise to the line that leads to Palpatine and Vader.
    Vader kills off the last two Sith.

I know less about the post-ROTJ Sith, but my understanding is that they still have some link to Palpatine's line.

So I see two distinct lines: One around Ajunta Pall and the Dark Jedi that founded the first Sith Empire, and a second based around Ruin.

The origins of Ruin's Empire don't appear to be fleshed out, and TOR is currently dealing with the original Sith Empire having re-emerged after 1,000+ years under the rule of Vitiate, and that conflict has yet to be concluded as the story of TOR is ongoing.

My guess is that both Sith lines will eventually be given a bridge so that perhaps a holdout from Vitiate's line ends up turning Ruin, in which case every Sith that I can think of would have a direct line back to Ajunta Pall and the fallen Jedi that founded the Sith Empire initially. Kind of like how TOR established that the Sith Emperor turned Revan to the Dark Side whereas initially it just seemed like he wandered out into space and was corrupted by some teachings he found and declared himself Sith. Now it's a bit more official that he was given the title of Sith by the Emperor of the true Sith Empire. I figure something similar will happen to link Ruin with the Sith. TOR seems to be heading in that direction by establishing that some of the Sith like Malgus see value in accepting aliens into the Sith ranks vs. the traditional attitude that only allows Sith purebloods and humans.

But for me the Sith line ends with Palpatine and Vader. Back before the PT there was no prophecy, and there didn't seem like there would be anything wrong with having more Sith crop up. But now that the PT has revised things with the prophecy surrounding Anakin, the persistence of Sith past ROTJ I feel undermines that narrative, even if those Sith do have a solid link to Palpatine. Consequently I hope that the ST revises the story of its time period to take the PT into account and not just revive the Sith again.

9. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Honestly, they will need more Sith... I think the Chosen One Prophecy/Rule of Two is a tough canon to get around, but I can easily see the Writer coming up with some reason to bring more Sith into the Galaxy, my post is simply something to create a discussion as to make it different than the Bane Rule of Two...

I was aware of all of the different incarnations of Sith, I didn't mean to insert it into any point in history or replace the Rule of Two with it but rather let them create (Insert Sith Lord Name)'s Triumvir Rule...

10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't know why there needs to be a Sith vs. a Dark Jedi. What makes a Sith a Sith never really came up in the films anyway. In the OT the word Sith was never used once. Vader was just the Jedi that fell to the Dark Side and the Emperor turned out to be an evil wizard that could shoot lightning out of his fingers. I know "Sith" existed in the EU, but in the OT the Rule of Two is never mentioned, no is the word "Sith" and I don't think either of those two things added anything to the PT. "Sith" finally put a name to what people like Vader and Palpatine were, but nothing was explained about them aside from that they follow the Dark Side (already known) and can only ever be two in number (never says why).

The EU fleshes everything out, but I feel like the PT raised questions but then never answered them.

For instance it introduces the concept of the Force being in balanced and that imbalance is bad.

However, in the OT "dark side" is pretty much used synonymously with evil. It is never explained why evil needs to be in balance with good. Wouldn't you want an imbalance in favor of good? In the Mortis arc the father implies that too much of the light side is a bad thing if it is out of balance. However, the light side is only ever shown to be good, so I don't know why too much good without enough bad is... bad?

I feel like the concept of balance was a stupid thing for the PT to introduce, but not that it's there, and yet is a horribly under-developed concept, I hope that the ST, TCW or some future work actually makes sense of it. Dawn of the Jedi kind of does for me, in that there was a balanced ideology that was polarized into those that follow the light side and those that follow the dark side, but that neither one achieves balance and that they are two pieces of a whole. So just how exactly Vader destroying the Sith and Luke refounding an Order based on the principles of the light side is restoring "balance" is beyond me (and again, why is balance between good and evil desirable?)

I feel like that needs to be addressed, but I feel like that can be done without the Sith. There can be a lightsaber wielding Dark Sider/fallen Jedi, but for him to be "Sith" just seems like a stretch, how would he be a Sith? The Sith are dead.

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Palpy had 20 years to make a Holocron...
    That being said... you are right about the "Balance"...
    Think about this, perhaps Light and Dark are meant to be Order and Chaos... Yet both the Jedi and Sith refer to their religions as the Jedi Order, the Sith Order... So perhaps then Jedi and Sith despite being light and dark, are both agents of BALANCE/ORDER.

That means there must be an agent of Chaos... I think this was the original intent of what Abeloth was. But rather than a Lovecraft monster. I would have loved a group of Anarchist Force Users, bent on destablizing the galactic government, not for good or bad, but a Galactic Order is bad to them. So from their perspective, anarchy is good...

An interesting antagonist, but not necessarily villain.... Introducing a third party into the Jedi-Sith bipolar groups.
    That is part of the reason the IKs are so cool, they are grey Jedi who serve the force through the Emperor, which is the definition of Order. So therefore wouldn't their hated enemy be the Chaos Warriors of some sort?

12. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Darth Nihilus, Darth Traya and Darth Sion formed a Sith Triumvirate once. Didn't end well...

Leor Hal and his followers (the Potentium movement) might also be of interest to you. They were a sort of 'grey' Jedi.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    True, I took into account the Traya Triumvir, however I think that it could be done better...

14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    They could still publish a book/comic set during the Second Sith War...
    I would love to see who Nihilus was before he became a Sith Lord.

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    And Sion. I feel like a Revan Pre War book would be interesting... Training under Traya, having Atris have a weird vibe with the Exile... Vandar Tokarre. There is alot of potential in that timeline,...

General Immodet likes this.
  16. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    There certainly is.
    I always wanted to read a novel/comic in which the Battle of Malachor 5 is represented.
    -) Revan vs Mandalore
    -) Darth Nihilus uses to Force to assemble the Ravager
    -) The destruction of Malachor 5 (Revan employs a Mass Shadow Generator during the Battle)
    -) Somehow I would like Cassus Fett to appear. Revan defeats Mandalore in combat, but Fett and his forces do not want to surrender and revan is forced to activate his 'superweapon'
    -) Maybe it could feature TOTJ characters as well. The Sunriders, Master Doneeta...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Atton, Bao Dur, and Mira get a new ship... rebuild the Daantoine Enclave
    Brianna and Micah are in LOVE with each other
    Visas seeks out Master Bindu on Kashykk, get to see Big Z there...

New Council becomes:
    1. Vandar Tokarre
    2. Atton Rand
    3. Bao Dur
    4. Mira
    5. Visas
    6. Jolle Bindu
    7. Bastilla?
    8. Juhani
    Plus 4 more...

General Immodet likes this.
  18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I guess Atton Rand is a bit too mush of a rascal to join the Jedi Council. He is a bit like Solo.
    The other things could work out well.

Wasn't Master Vandar killed by Darth Nihilus?

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I think so... but I also think that that was related to the Exile from Vrook Lamar... Perhaps Vandar didn't make it to Miraluka, perhaps he got sidetracked. He isn't confirmed dead. He is assumed dead since he was headed to a planet that got destroyed... Luke was only a day away from being on Alderaan when the Death Star blew it up

20. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    True, however chances are they will want a strong human male lead character for the book. If they decided to use Micah, half of the players of the game wouldn't know who he was... So disciple and handmaiden (always wished we used their names in KOTOR 2) can be in it but not center/focal characters...

I would say Atton could be the scoundrel that assembles the Jedi, but once they are established want to keep them from making/restablishing stupid laws like marriage... ect...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  21. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    You are probably right...
    It was nice to have another member of Yoda's species introduced into the EU.
    Well, if Darth Nihilus did kill off Vandar, it would make him a graver threat. That is probably why they mentioned he was headed for Miraluka.

I would love to see what Vrook Lamar and Vandar were doing during the First Sith War.

22. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Why would they not use a female lead character? In my opinion, Brianna could be the main character of a novel/comic.

They could always use Carth Onasi as a lead character. Of course, the novel/comic would not mainly focus on Jedi.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Brianna would again... only half the players would recognize her... Perhaps Zayne Carrick is the main Jedi? he goes and finds all the KOTOR Jedi?

24. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I like the idea of a show like this the best because Mark Hamill could voice Luke Skywalker in it. He is a voice actor after all.

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Never thought of that, but yeah... Billy Dee could Lando out, Hamill could Luke out... I doubt Harrison would do Han but it wouldn't be too hard...

CGI new republic show will be great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.