main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Things you don't want to see in the future EU ever again?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Slowpokeking, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Only the movie era, why does stories like Legacy need to have a Skywalker/Solo in that? And before the movie era why do they need Satele Shan to be the descendent of Revan and Bastila Shan rather than just like Malgus? That's one of the reasons I like the Sith better, bloodline doesn't play a big part.

2. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    ^^^ That's what I was thinking about when I wrote mine. I didn't like the idea of a Jedi needing a 'pedigree' just to be special, simply because it implies that a Jedi is only awesome through someone else who managed to be awesome. This is essentially saying that that most of the Jedi are crap, that unless you have the special SkySolo or Shan genes, your destiny is mediocrity.

It's why I like the Sith too. They achieve greatness through determination, not through genealogy power boosts.

SiouxFan likes this.
  3. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    you understand the point.

4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't mind if they just look alike, and to be fair, Malgus looks more like Darth Bane.

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    How about a Sith Lord who is tall, dark, and handsome, with a personality that could sell ice to a wampa? Oh, and his voice is silky smooth because his vocal cords are coated in maple syrup. He could be a dapper, well-dressed fellow with a cane and a charming smile. He starts off as a charming, witty fellow and is liked by many, but he's evil. That Sith Lord would be far more interesting than the asthmatic ones we get.

V-2 likes this.
  6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Zash.

Zorrixor and Esg like this.
  7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Not dapper enough. I want a three-piece suit and tie.

8. HipsterChewie

HipsterChewie Jedi Padawan

Jan 12, 2013
    No more Jar Jar.

9. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Their just the same species
    Both Colicoid made
    Cody will never be as badass

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  10. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Needless to say, I think including Legacies is how they plan to sell books, but I for one would love to have read Blood Oath. I love Crosscurrent and Riptide, but the fear is that in a time so distant from the films, shying away from the Skywalkers makes people not know what is going on.

However I agree Satele Shan would have been just as cool if she wasn't descendant of Revan Bastila... The Skywalkers will go on forever. I
    But I do not want to find out that Zayne's kid marries Revan's kid to make Satelle's ancestors. Her son, the non Jedi has a daughter who marries a Skywalker... The Skywalker family descendant from the Shans.... NOOOOOOOooooooO!!!

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Right? Have you read Golden's Jaina. It is pretty good... I think it is often hard for a writer to write from a different perspective than alpha males of Luke Han, Ben, ect... Jaina is just as strong but with many more facets that make her far more interesting than Jacen or Anakin when written correctly...

Nothing like saying, hey you know those Solo kids, I love those two guys, hate that girl... Sometimes I wonder, which guys on this site actually talk to girls...

TrakNar likes this.
  12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    To be fair the PT did show the Jedi to be a bunch of dumb uncaring idiots who sit around in bath robes muttering about the dark side so it's not suprising the Jedi are crap.

Depends on the Sith, Palpatine is pure awesomeness, Dooku was just Saruman making a Starwars cameo and Mauls real name was Darth time filler.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Maul could have been the Vader of the PT instead they kill him instantly... Dooku could have been a good Jedi who just disagreed with the Republic. Imagine him being with the Sepratists and trying to convert Obi Wan, when the Coliseum happens, he could have shown regret and not been Sith. Maul could have been the Sith working both sides against the middle... Obi Wan and Anakin would both have a chip on their shoulder against Maul, as would Dooku... Dooku could be killed by Maul... Obi Wan would be the good Jedi, Maul would try to get him to show emotion that would work against Anakin... Then by early 3 they could kill Maul instead of Dooku, making room for Anakin to become Vader...

One must remember that looking at the films without the EU, The OT, there are only 3 Jedi, the PT, the Jedi are operating after 1000 years of believing the Sith dead. They were antiquated warriors of light, no longer needs, now suddenly needed. That being said... Obi Wan is the resident Sith fighter... If anything, He is the true "Hero" of the PT

14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Dooku already thought the Jedi Order is out of time and he lost his last bit of hope when Qui Gon Jinn got killed. Even if there is no Plagueis/Sidious he would still leave the Order and become a Dark Jedi.

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    While this is true, I was pointing out how the PT could have been more cohesive. My conjecture would have been had Lucas decided to go that way and in doing so, that EU backplot to Dooku therefore slightly changed...

16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

I agree about Maul what a waste. I think Lucas kind of thinks it too otherwise why bring him back for the CW cartoon.

Dooku always seemed kind of pointless to me. It seemed his only purpose was so Yoda could have a fight and someone for Anakin to kill to turn to the darkside and thats it. He could have combined him with Mace and actually given Sam Jackson something to do than say bad lines "A Sith Lord" his delivery is still giggle worthy to this day.

I agree about the PT, the fundamental problem is/was that the Anakin Skywalker talked about in the OT bears no resemblance to the Anakin Skywalker in the PT. The PT was meant to show his rise to a great and powerful Jedi who was the greatest Star pilot ever and his great friendship with Obi-wan, to his tragic fall to the darkside, instead we got a badly acted 9 yr, a whiney 19yr old who kills kids to a whiney rather stupid 25 year old who kills more kids.

Its ironic but the Clone Wars kids cartoon is a better more believable representation of Anakin and is argubly the real Prequel to the OT.

17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...n-prequels-and-the-original-trilogy.50006066/

Enjoy!

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Lol I know I shouldn't but whenever I think about how the potential of the PT got wasted I go on a rant,sorry about that.

19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Dooku is very cool, just the movie failed to show his story well.

Pls don't mention the "great friendship" again, the OT clearly showed they never had any great friendship. PT got many flaws but they got this right.

20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    People just listen to Obi Wan's words rather than see his relationship with Vader in OT.

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Hi words (Anakin was a good friend) and Vader's words (Obi-wan once thought as you do) both but we are going off topic

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    And Vader killed Obi Wan without any regret or hesitate a bit, Obi Wan was pushing Luke to kill his own father and refused to believe there is good in Vader.

Do you judge people's relationship by words or action?

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I didn't mean to redirect you like a jerk. I simply was like, I completely agree with you as seen in my opening post here...

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I replied it with my thoughts, didn't look at other replies.

Overall I think PT's theme is even better than OT, the story is quite good, but the movies, especially EP I and EP II was not able to present it well. And Lucas clearly got a totally different Anakin than many people thought.

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Good... they are arguing something, I haven't followed it in a while. the original post has my thoughts...