main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation VULTURE: Zack Snyder Is Developing a Star Wars Film Outside the New Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by rezpen, Jan 14, 2013.

1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Darth kRud, Episode Swag and Dra--- like this.
  2. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I think this definitely has promise. In my opinion the PT failed to tell the story of the epic warrior saga of the Jedi. I just found them drab and uninteresting. The idea of taking the Jedi back to the samurai warrior route I imagine them as before I saw the PT intrigues me.

My only question is what this mean for Episode 7 and how long the Jedi have been established for such a tale to be told.

Darth kRud, El_Machete12 and Dra--- like this.
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So this is one of the "spin-offs". I think Zach Snyder is a visual genius.

4. JaimePrater

JaimePrater Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    The PT watered down everything. The Jedi looked like pansy-azz children, not warriors. The only Jedi/Sith that seemed remotely threatening was/is Darth Maul, and he was killed off quick.

I think bringing in Zack Snyder to direct a one-off Star Wars film is a brilliant idea. George Lucas watch how a good film gets made. No room for fart humor or poop jokes.

5. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Maybe a side adventure for the new Jedi Luke has trained that we see in Ep 7? The cynic inside me though see's this as a way to cut down on production costs by only using one location. Seems like such a typical story that has been remade so many times, surely there are some more original ideas they could explore.

6. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Years of drought, small hope of a live action TV series....forward 7 years and we are getting a new trilogy, ABC looking at the TV series and now The Seven Jedi!

Come on, even the biggest of sceptics must have a hint of intrigue, we've taken our first steps into a larger (on screen) world ;)

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So I’m guessing these “spin-off” films will not be a part of anything in particular and will just jump around the timeline. I must admit, the thought of that really appeals to me. We could be getting some Zach Snyder Jedi's? It will be like the first 2D Clone Wars animated series. That's a good thing, IMO.

El_Machete12 and Dra--- like this.
  8. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Noooo. Snyder is not a good director.

9. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    really liked the idea.... i hope to see Kyle Katarn involved in some "spin off" of the new trilogy.

Dra--- and DarkEagle like this.
  10. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    YES YES YES! Him or Corran Horn...

I am imagining a Samuri Jack Jedi, half time spent meditating and half time spent fighting... All Jedi all the time...

I would be ok if the film was also an Obi Wan/Samuri movie with Ewan MacGregor reprising his role between 3 and 4

Dra---, Episode Swag and Samayel_ like this.
  11. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I dont like any of Snyder's work outside of a few moments of 300. But, he certainly has a unique visual style. Like Genndy on the first TCW animated micro show.

Episode Swag and Bad_Feeling like this.
  12. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    If they follow canon, we still don't know if canon is er...canon or not ;)

13. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    a story of a samurai jack-like jedi from the Luke´s jedi order?...... i got a good feeling about this...

El_Machete12 and Echo-07 like this.
  14. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Snyder is quite a poor director when you look at his body of work - yet he's well liked by a lot of Internet folk.

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  15. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    Really cool concept, that could work really well if done right. A handfull of jedi standing up for a downtrodden village against overwhelming odds, to me, is what being a jedi is about.

I was on of the few who liked Watchmen, but other than 300 I'm not terribly familiar with Snyder's work.

16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Yes but Snyder has never had to play by Disney's rules. So you get the family friendliness of Disney with the action of Snyder, with ILMs graphics... Show me where the bad feeling is...

As to the Canon, this is true, but there is no way they will destory Kyle Katarn... Canon said he wasn't G Canon so he punched it in the face with his beard fist. Now he is G Canon according to him. Katarn will survive even if he isn't in ST, since his stories are so seperate from everything else.

But a movie about ONE of Luke's Jedi looks like we are getting a Jedi Order people...

Darth kRud and Dra--- like this.
  17. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Not too excited for this to be honest. Clone Wars already did a Seven Samurai homage, and it's pretty lame that this is just being described as Seven Samurai with Jedi. Really? That sounds incredibly lazy! Why not a new story, or at least something that isn't just "an old movies plot, but with Star Wars".

18. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    So question, do we want it to focus on a group of Jedi? A Jedi, and a group of non Jedi? Or a Jedi on his own?

I would like to see maybe 1-3 Jedi, with a scoundrel, trooper sterotypes and have them be heroes... Like "THIS IS NAL HUTTA" Hutt hits Jedi's former Master off of a landing pad on Nal Hutta. Jedi vows revenge (without falling to the darkside)

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I think the point is more of Jedi Samurai movie not a repeat of Seven Samurai

20. Aizakku Rorensu

Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    This...
    ...is just perfect.

Is Star Wars not just the most perfect thing? I mean, it takes everything I like and puts it all in one place.

Life is just beautiful.

Kurosawa!!!

El_Machete12, Dra--- and Echo-07 like this.
  21. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    PFTT, forget "seven samurai/magnificent seven." We need Yojimbo/Fistful of Dollars remade. That is a movie BEGGING to be remade into a Star Wars movie.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Interesting. I'll hold off judgement on the director until after I see Man of Steel. I liked Watchman, hated hated hated Suckerpunch and I'm very hopeful for Man of Steel. I like the idea though, as long as it's set pre-PT or post RotJ, by like hundreds/thousands of years.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Wonder what his contract is like with Warner Bros. How many picture deal did he have to commit to? I wonder if he would be able to do a picture outside of the studio?

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wow, I set the computer down for a few minutes because I'm tired of discussing the same things over and over and look what happens... our first piece of real news in months! I'm not very familiar with Snyder's work other than seeing Watchmen but I'm looking forward to his Superman movie. I've seen Seven Samurai too many times to count and if this is any where near as good as that beautiful movie I think we're in for a real treat! This just keeps getting better and better!

El_Machete12, Dra--- and Echo-07 like this.
  25. Disciple-of-Tython

Sep 12, 2006
    Man of Steel has to succeed more than ever now, not only for fans but for Snyder to prove himself and to put our minds at ease.