main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Could Zach Snyder's new film be about the ten Jedi sent to find the dagger?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JStepp, Jan 14, 2013.

1. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/14/zack-snyder-developing-a-star-wars-film

Hmm it seems apocalypse set up a story line that would go hand in hand with this new movie.
    SPOILERS
    Remember at the end of Apocalypse Luke sends ten knights to find a weapon that can kill Abeloth permanently. The same weapon that was used to kill the Daughter and Son in the cartoon show.

Its even set sometime after Return of the Jedi. This is all just speculation on my part of course.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Director of 300?

My guess is "The Seven Starkillers," then.

TheRedBlade and Gorefiend like this.
  3. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    If it's a non-episode Star Wars film, does this mean it's more of a EU T/C-canon film?... or will it fall under G-canon ''film canon'' category because it is gonna technically still be a Star Wars film.

4. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    While 300 sucks... Sucker Punch is pure gold... Sucker Punch meeting Star Wars is epic pure win! Yeehaw! and a post-ROTJ EU movie to boot? oh please YES

5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Interesting that they're open to doing Star Wars "spin offs"... could lead to some great ideas. And bad ones, but that comes with the territory.

I actually feel Snyder did a fairly good job with Watchmen, all things considered, though it's worth noting I haven't seen it since it was in theaters and actually saw it before I read the comic, so I might feel different if I watched it now. 300 was okay. I never saw Sucker Punch, but going from the previews I had no desire to.

6. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    No. No, it could not.

7. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I definitely wouldn't hold my breath on this being the continuation of an EU novel, yeah...

... that said, Zach Snyder has shown that he's willing to be faithful to source material. There are definitely less likely directors to use the EU in some way. I wouldn't expect setting the entire movie around it, to the point where an audience couldn't follow it without picking up whatever book it's continuing, but I could see some shout outs.

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Don't even joke about that, man, don't even joke.

9. DarthApprentice

DarthApprentice Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2011
    Well this is kind of exciting. I really don't think this movie will be about the Jedi finding the dagger, but it does represent the possibility the EU wont be completely dismissed.... In my eyes, this is a good thing. :D

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  10. Sith_Knight087

Sep 5, 2012

Sorry, but I had too [face_dancing]

instantdeath likes this.
  11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Wow, well this news scares me to no end.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  12. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Still up in the air about Zach Snyder. Man of Steel may be the tipping point for me.

krtmd likes this.
  13. DarthApprentice

May 17, 2011
    What about this news scares you, if I may ask?

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I can't put it down to anything, but the possibility of these movies when (imo) they're not needed is hugely concerning for the EU. Furthermore, LFL hasn't given me much reason in the past to place faith in their ability in the visual medium.

15. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    There are two ways you can look at it, really. Either it's exciting that the franchise is expanding, and could be a sign of interesting Star Wars projects to come, or it's yet another shameless method of milking the series for all it's worth. Both are equally valid interpretations, I'd say. I tend to lean towards the former, but I'm in danger of becoming an optimist these days.

16. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    Maybe it'll fall under D(isney) Canon or M(ickey) Canon? :p

It is possible. Probable, no, but possible? yes.

Interesting news to say the least. I would love a focus on the ten Jedi sent to find the dagger, and could see that working. Maybe leave a reference to them in Episode VII, then release this one. Probably not, but one can wish.

17. Sith_Knight087

Sep 5, 2012
  18. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    JackG, CeiranHarmony and _Catherine_ like this.
  19. DarthApprentice

May 17, 2011
    Hmm, how disappointing...

20. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    they were just testing fanreactions with rumors... nasty business tactic!

21. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Well they were certainly looking for the quickest way to get me not to watch it, Snyder is a hack and I really don’t care for Jedi. [face_plain]

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He better keep the squid in the picture this time!

23. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012

I feel the same, slightly queasy at the greed blinding artistic integrity, yet the writing has been on the wall, hasn't it. not even GL will stop tinkering. I guess it's the ultimate high to watch all these talented people soil their knickers over your creation, like watching children play with your toys.