main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Poll: Would You See the ST if Luke, Leia and Han were Recast

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bazinga'd , Jan 14, 2013.

?

Would you go see the ST if Luke, Leia and Han were recast?

1. Yes

52.6%
  2. No

25.6%
  3. Depends on Who was Chosen to Play the Big Three

21.8%
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Begs the Questions: Loyalty to the Saga or to the Original Cast

2. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I would go, but I'd be disappointed even before I started to watch it. I also wouldn't try to watch it opening night. It would be hard to watch Luke, Han, and Leia, without Hamill, Ford, and Fisher

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I thought "recast" said "racist" for a second.

4. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I think those three faces are intertwined with the saga though like the Force and all living things, more so than casting say a young Kirk.p ;)

kataja and Echo-07 like this.
  5. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    You can't separate the two IMO.

6. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I respectfully disagree. If you are willing to see the ST without Mark, Carrie and Harrison than your loyalty lies with the saga. On the other hand, you refuse to see the movies if the big three are recast, then it would seem to me that your loyalty is the original cast.

Episode Swag likes this.
  7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Love the original cast, but also love me new movies, regardless of cast.

MaeveSkywalker likes this.
  8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I get your point but to me the BIG 3 are the saga. They are the characters and replacing them when they could use them would be disastrous IMO. I wouldn't watch it.

But I know this is all just a thought experiment because the likliehood of Disney recasting is 1% or less.

9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree with everything you said (I think I said that exact same thing in the Carrie Fisher thread). I would find it interesting to see if the current 50/50 poll results hold up over a larger sample size. Then we can extrapolate more accurately what people may be thinking.

10. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I would, yes, though I'm not sure it would be quite the same. They need to do every and anything possible to get the originals. If they can't get them, and I can understand if they don't want to do it again, then then take their time, play it smart, and search for the right recasts

11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I'd likely watch it at some point, but I suspect it might be a one-time event, as opposed to repeated viewings. I suspect this will be the case for others as well.

Padme501st likes this.
  12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes is currently polling less than half, with a sizable portion also Yes but with the caveat of *who were cast*.

The problem with me is: those actors *are those characters*. Their mannerisms, facial expressions, everything.
    Sometimes actors are those characters. Carrie, Harrison, and Mark are those.

I'm talking live action medium. You want to go animated, that's different. That's another whole animal entirely. Always has been.

But live-action? No.

JainaSoloYJK and HanSolo29 like this.
  13. Digladio

Digladio Jedi Master star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    It would suck if the OT actors didn't return, but in the end, it's merely a cosmetic change. It wouldn't effect the overall quality of the movie, so I'd still check it out, as would everyone who voted no. ;)

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I can't see myself not going to see a new Star Wars movie on opening night even if they were to do something as stupid as recasting the Big 3! But my interest level would be about the same as a kid using a magnifying glass to fry poor ants. It would just be morbid curiosity to see how much Disney screwed the thing!

15. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'd still go see the films because it's Star Wars. But I might be disappointed if the characters were re-cast.

16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I would vehemently argue that the absence of the OT actors would be more than a cosmetic change, it would be a titanic shift in movie continuity and credibility.

ShaneP and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  17. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Hard for me to say right now. I think if they were recast I would likely at least go see the first film though lose all excitement I had up to this point. It would feel incredibly off to me. Either use the original actors or get rid of the characters. Anything less would seem strange to me. Also, to whoever said it comes down to loyalty to the cast or the movies I think that is rather false. I very much enjoyed the PT even though it had none of the old cast of the big three. I am loyal to the movies, and want them to be done right. In my mind that would mean keeping the old actors if you have the old characters.

18. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    If they were recast well then it would make no difference to me at all, part of me would actually prefer it that way.

19. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The problem with me is: those actors *are those characters*. Their mannerisms, facial expressions, everything.
    Sometimes actors are those characters. Carrie, Harrison, and Mark are those.

I'm talking live action medium. You want to go animated, that's different. That's another whole animal entirely. Always has been.

But live-action? No.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Exactly. I wouldn't be able to get past the feeling that the actors were just imposters and it would just feel wrong. Think about it for the past 35 years we've been inundated with the images, performances and memories of these characters as portrayed by Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford. Their faces have been plastered over countless media and it would just cause a terrible disconnect for me if suddenly new actors were playing them.

HanSolo29 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  21. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I'd watch it, but the question is, would i like it......

22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I think you mean 3,720 to 1. :)

Julius Vernon and CaptainHamYoyo like this.
  23. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    BWAHAHAHA!!!

24. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I would honestly rather the characters not be featured in the movies, than have them be recast.

25. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Yes, but if I'm being honest, I would see it no matter what.

Julius Vernon and mes520 like this.