main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Sith in Disney Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Reminds me of that Jedi Quest special

2. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    The difference is that a dark Jedi knows nothing of the Sith, especially not at first. When a Jedi falls to the dark side, it is their choice alone. They choose to call upon the power of the dark side. However, unless they study the teachings of the Sith, they will remain "dark" Jedi. A dark Jedi is someone like Count Dooku who is seduced by the power of the dark side. The Sith however, embody the dark side. Though Bane does not appear in the movies, Sidious was a reflection of the Sith rule of two that Bane embodied.

Similarly if Sith seek redemption, and choose to call on the light side, they don't become Jedi overnight. They must study and master the teachings of the Jedi to actually become one.

Each force sensitive being as the capacity to use either the dark side or the light side. Consequently, each time they use the force, they have a choice. "Jedi" and "Sith" are embodiments of one extreme or the other and follow their respective codes. Again, one must learn how to be a "Sith" or a "Jedi".

Further, Dark Jedi is in part incorrect, since a true Jedi is forbidden to use the dark side.

Episode Swag likes this.
  3. BonhillBhoy

BonhillBhoy Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2012
    They should all be a little of both. Perhaps they wouldn't be as prone to mental breakdowns.

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The actions of a dark Jedi or Sith may differ little, if at all; their rationalizations and ideology probably would.

Also: Star Wars without Sith, or at least the dark side in some fashion, isn't Star Wars. You might as well have no Jedi either.

Jedi Merkurian and Darth kRud like this.
  5. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Where they differ little is the use of the dark side of the force.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    After the Sith Wars, the Jedi thought the dark lords were extinct. But through the rule of two they survived. And for a thousand years the Sith grew in the ways of the dark side, maintaining their cloak of invisibility to the Jedi as they selected more and more powerful apprentices to increase their order's stealthy, unholy power.

In the ST, the Jedi will surely be in a stage equivalent to human infancy, and quite small in number. It would not take an Emperor, a Vader, a Maul or a Dooku to wreak havoc, just one who forms secret alliances, who seeks power, who has possessive attachments, who is jealous, harboring much anger and hate.

THIS is how the Sith might be reborn!

"i can feel your anger. It makes you STRONG!"
    ~ Chancellor Palpatine

7. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Yes, the Jedi thought the Sith were extinct, but the only mention of the Rule of Two seemed a little muddy in Ep. I.

Yoda, Mace, and the Council seem conused when Qui-Gon aserts that the warrior he encountered on Tatooine could only be a Sith. It makes sense that they were confused becasue they thought the Sith were long gone.

Fast forward to Qui-Gon's funeral. Mace makes the mention of the Rule of Two........?

When did the Jedi become aware of this?

Prior to their extinction, where the Sith not in larger numbers?

Was the Rule of Two not something that was a secret of the Sith in order to regroup without the Jedi knowing?

Episode Swag likes this.
  8. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    To be fair by the end of the Bane trilogy in the books there are those who are aware of this resurgence who flee, and we do not yet know what has happened to them. Either somehow someone became aware of this situation and informed the Jedi at some point down the line. My guess is the Jedi up to that point viewed it as just a rumor and noting more.

9. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    If the EU counts, then OK, but I'm not an EU guy. I don't totally discount or even dislike it, but I am one of those guys who doesn't count it as "real". If it is addressed in the movies that way at some point then you are right. If not, it is either a hole in the plot, something we will never gets details about, or will be explained differently.

As far as the existing movies go, we have no idea.

I do have to say that I am quite suprised that it took so long for someone to respond to this though.... I thought people would have been all over it.;)

10. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    I guess it just doesn't bother me to much. There are all kinds of possible reasons. It is info we don;t really need to know to get the story. If you are really aching for a solution that is a bit mroe cannon then the Darth Plagueis novel would give a possible solution. It mentions a sith in the Bane line who defected and went back to the lightside. He may have filled in the Jedi before he died since his mentions are pretty vague. I realize you hold to a if it happened in the EU it did not really happen view, but that novel had George so heavily involved in it that it is hard to discount it as just another EU work.

Again in the end the main answer is it really doesn't matter.

11. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Jacen will become Caedus later on right? Isn't there any new sith lord to show up in 7-9 yet?

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Let's keep the EU discussion to the EU thread.

13. Jerran Tankarri

Jerran Tankarri Jedi Padawan

Jan 9, 2013
    Even if you are not well versed in the EU, its still applicable in the movie universe. Banite Sith are simply the Sith we see in the movies : Maul, Tyrannus, Sidious, and Vader. Dark Jedi are different because they are not affiliated with the Sith order, They just turn to the dark side based on personal want for quick power, greed, selfishness or whatever.

14. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    For me it's as simple as this. If there aren't any Sith, then who's going to get into sword fights with the Jedi? There has to be somebody holding the red lightsabers, and I doubt it'll be bounty hunters.

Dra--- likes this.
  15. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The real point of contention amongst fans is not whether or not there will be Sith, but whether or not "Sith" is an acceptable umbrella term for anyone who who uses the Dark Side of the Force.

Episode Swag likes this.
  16. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I think it (are they Sith?) could be rather a cool plot point and source of tension for the Jedi.

All of a sudden there's Force users wielding the dark side again, there's bodies piling up everywhere and no-one knows what's going on.

The issue becomes cloudy. One group doesn't want to acknowledge the problem because of what it means for them, one group isn't really sure what the problem is (perhaps Jedi born post-Endor?) and another group just wants to stop the bad guys regardless of what they call themselves.

For the record. Yes there will be Sith. Dark Lords of the Sith. They will have yellow eyes and use red lightsabers. They will shoot Force lightning out of their fingers and wear obscenely cool masks and robes.

17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I want to see an Army of Sith. Or even maybe a war between Sith and other darkside users, all fighting for the power to be the group that destroys Luke's Jedi.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    More fun with Sith

Dra--- likes this.
  19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Everythings better with sith ;)

Dra---, MaeveSkywalker and benknobi1 like this.
  20. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    If the Sith do not return, then . . .

Darth kRud, Dra--- and Episode Swag like this.
  21. MaeveSkywalker

MaeveSkywalker Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I'm with you. I'm all for Chewie but I don't want him dead.

ea

22. K.J Lord

K.J Lord Jedi Knight

Jan 27, 2013
    Sith will always be part of the sw universe. what's so special about Jedi anyways?

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I had a vision of a galaxy without Sith, crime lords ground out a little profit and The Republic tried to shut them down one system at a time, and it was sooo . . . boring.

Yes, I am currently watching The Dark Knight. :cool:

Darth kRud, Dra--- and Air Jedi like this.
  24. JediGaskin

JediGaskin Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2012
    I personally think that the Sith are to dark for the people at Disney an their usual crowd but I think that it would be good to introduce a sort of Sith rebellion. However i'm very doubtful that these films will be as good as the original trilogy nothing will ever match the awesomeness of Empire Strikes Back.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Considering the pirates of the Caribbean movies, I think the sith will be just fine.